We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like to say stuff like that, but for now the server project is frozen. :(

Why? Because I can't build a solid team which doesn't cost me a lot of money (yup it's impossible to find someone working for free or for a small amount of $$) to work on the whole thing. And I can't even imagine doing that on my own; the work is way too important for a single man.

It doesn't mean I'm stopping it forever, just need time to find a cheap and good team to work with that's all. :D

(yup it's impossible to find someone working for free or for a small amount of $$)
Seems odd to me. There are plenty of really talented and skillfull teams just doing free mods or sometimes even entire games without payment. Also none finance the various open source projects, how are they even alive if this would be true? I believe it's more like you need someone who have experience in reverse engineering stuff, or am I wrong? Who have you asked to work with you?

Hello there, registered to ask you something without going through all the Forums. Did you consider Kickstarter?

With reasonable amount of money to collect, and some serious advertising, you're gonna make it. I'm pretty sure you'll get more popularity than the upcoming The Crew. Just tell people that you ALREADY have something, and it's working (isn't it?)

Good luck!

-----

Oh, and one more thing. I think some people will support this: go open-source. I've read that you nearly lost all your work because of VS malfunction. Post your sources on a regular basis, do not be afraid of anything related to it. You even may have some ideas from the community after this.

Seems odd to me. There are plenty of really talented and skillfull teams just doing free mods or sometimes even entire games without payment. Also none finance the various open source projects, how are they even alive if this would be true? I believe it's more like you need someone who have experience in reverse engineering stuff, or am I wrong? Who have you asked to work with you?

You're absolutely right about teams doing free mods without payment; but in that situation, those team love the game they're working on and have interest in it. Imagine asking someone to work on a game they don't really care about, and which needs an important amount of work. I mean if I knew people who love Test Drive and have enough skill on RE, don't worry I'd have asked them in first place.

I asked some IRC, boards (even if most of them seem dead), and personal contacts, but yup it's usually complicated to convince someone to work on something that big when they don't really give a damn.

As I said earlier it's not a problem of skill (I won't say I'm the best ASM coder in the world) but it's rather a problem of work amount. Reversing a game when you have the ability to sniff the packets between server and client is already complicated but when you don't have access to the server and you can only rely on the code and instinct, it's even more a pain.

Also if you know people skilled enough who could accept to work for free on that project feel free to tell me.

@airbus: afaik, creating a kickstarter project for a reverse engineering project when it's clearly stated in the User Contract of TDU that you can't decompile or reverse the code would be impossible.

it's clearly stated in the User Contract of TDU that you can't decompile or reverse the code would be impossible.

Whoops, sorry, it was the last thing I had in mind at that moment. I was very-very happy that you are reviving TDU multiplayer, that was primary. :)

Also if you know people skilled enough who could accept to work for free on that project feel free to tell me.
Unfortunaly not, including myself. The only thing which comes to my mind is the recruitment forum of moddb/indiedb ( moddb.com/forum/board/recruiting-resumes ) and/or their job page ( moddb.com/jobs ).

• 3 months later...

pfff, its kinda sad bec we askt him how mutch would it cost to get help or do enything to get tdu servers working he did not even reply to us and that suxx,

im sure meny would donate, he could atleast do a goal donate for 2 months total 200€ or $ and see how meny rly want tdu back online or do somthing like that, in my eyes this porject is done just like the game it self, its just boring riding alone, not even modding is fun enymore, sry guys cant help it, atm grid autosport is keeping my mind away from tdu1

Do you guys not remember that there only an average of 70 players online in TDU1 when the official servers were online for the last few months? That number now is going to be a lot smaller, especially with The Crew not being far away. We'd be better off asking Ivory Tower for an O'ahu DLC to that game.

Once Mr. Grand turismo talked about open world. Perhaps in GT7 (one can dream).

I also hope he brings his adaptive tessellation to the driving part of the game.. not just photomode.

Tessellation car list

Scrolling down each zoomstage is a bit stunning. (not just saying that.. it's true for a change). :drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool:(#1 for before/after).

• 1 month later...

INTERNET IS NOT BACK YET:

Original info from first post

What is it?

One of the biggest part of the project. Recreating TDU1 server software to be playable on any server. Sounds easy? Well it's NOT AT ALL!

For that part I'll ask a friend that knows a lot about network and reverse engineering.

Progression?

Started but not on my side.

Some update (after such a long time it might seems weird :D):

Work in progress. That's all I can say. And also for the wait a modded exe to bypass the login sequence (and basically play with your online profile offline).

https://backwardgaming.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/project-1-2/

I already started the most interesting part (yup the freeride :) ) but I still need those dumps from lean (turboduck member) to get it serious.

For now, have fun! :cheeky:

Actualy, you are wrong.

Dont you read previous post?

As you can see in the quote, he clearly said he started, so we are hoping for the best.

No one said its finished.

• 2 weeks later...