We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Posted this thread in the german tdu-c. A lot of them are interested in playing TDU again :)

The passed years since the release have shown that TDU is still special and unique. I really thought, that there will be something similar released, but this never happened unfortunately. So, there are still some germans (me included :D) who want to stress the tdu-online-server soon :)

How funny will it be if the best thing since TDU is...ermm TDU reborn.

Signed! :D

I originally thought that The Crew, made by Ubisoft will bring back this kind of spirit TDU once had. But after I watched some videos on YouTube and Twitch, well...my enthusiasm was...and then there were no mirrors...and this huge amount of OVER 40 cars and I don't think it will have mod support at all :D

The only thing, The Crew has on its side is in my opinion the beautiful landscape but the rest, especially everything about the cars (tuning, etc.) does not really bring my car-game-loving hear to buy it.

So there is Assetto Corsa for Simracing left (iRacing is not affordable for me :D), and TDU for the relaxed cruise around Oahu.

I'm really curious about the netcode, especially when I remember the old times in 2008/2009/2010 when joining a session never worked properly and made everyone very angry :D

And there's another question I have:

If I've unterstood everything correctly, Speeder was able to modify the exe. Due to this intervention, isn't it possible to get the FFB of the Logitech G27 get worked again like in version 1.45?

Big smile after seeing the videos kindah happens what Milli says :D

Thanks Courious !

Now we need Xarlith to find how to add cars to the game without replacing them ... just a hint anyway

I think even Speeder himself will have an idea. I mean bringing TDU online is just insane. Adding files shouldnt be such a big deal in programming (aware of a noob here (me))

I figure it's likely impossible to fix (besides being outside of project goal) but I want to ask..

TDU's mirrors could use some fixing... I remember 2 (4) things:

(Even if nothing at least they're still OKish =)

1 Some mirrors have 1 side mirrored to the other (eg left and mirrored left).

2 Cars visible distance too short in mirror.

(3) Some mirrors views too much into the ground (Might just have been a high set seat and mirrors ofc not following that though unsure.. not installed).

(4) Might be wrong (cant find now, and not installed) but.. reflection images smaller than the mirror frame).

.... thoughts? :)