We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Guys, i have bad news. As you now Lean we played TDU a few minutes ago. Lean and Courius were chatting and i was checking the F9, F8 and F7 buttons. Turned on the traffic AI on GPS , truned off avatars and than turned off player names. Than i switched 2-3 times betweend avatar on and off, when suddenly TDU kicked me to desktop andthe windows message "TDU does not work anymore... searhcing for solution..." appeared! So I tried to restart TDU and go back to L34n and Courius but when i turn on TDU there is only a short black screen and the game crashes again with the same message...

Ah btw. i played TDU in the last 5 days for a couple pf hours with no problems, worked with xfire, steam and everything... but now it was the first time when i turned off anf on the avatar and nicknames, so i think it could be somethin with these buttons...?

Dont know what to do now. Reinstall tomorrow?

Reinstall if the problem still exist.

Speeder, is there a way you can make G27 wheel to work with FSR Elite pedals? That's the only thing stopping me from playing this game anymore. =/

It's too specific and is impossible to be handled by the game. You'll probably need to have a look at the logitech drivers to get your pedals working. :)

@Prince-Matt: your issue sounds like a conflict with xfire/steam (or any overlay soft. as I always say :D) In no way this could be linked to your savegame/options (if your game does crash as soon as it is launched).

Today I finally had (and still have) enough time (after quite a hard week) to test and play this game for a longer period of time.

Some feedback:

- Lags are very little (even though Stifler123 had a higher topspeed than my stage 3-tuned MV Agusta M4 - on the same bike)

- It takes some time to connect to people (which isn't bad per se, actually it's better than current TDU2)

- I cannot see all players on the map (e. g. it currently says "3 players", but I can see nobody). It may be down to my ports to be honest, but my router cannot be reset to it's standard-password, so I cannot do it (having lost my actual password). Good news is, I'll get myself a new router soon-ish.

Now to the "fun-part":

First I was cruising with some people (not quite being able to remember all the names, sorry), but it was good fun.

Me and Sony both used XJ220s (my favourite supercar), his in the posh green (my real-life Jag's have this colour), mine in the very '90s "Westminster Blue" (my parents had a Jaguar in "Westminster Blue", it was a different, more dark colour though):

2ntenns.jpg

We weren't quite doing 25 mph though...

Of course, there were many more, so this is a group-photo. If this was real, life couldn't get any better:

348ikuh.jpg

As you see, I still miss the mega-carpack (for servers were dead for the last two years). Where can I get it?

Then I bought a MV Agusta and met Stifler(again), so we did some wheelie-shots:

3343tpt.jpg

EDIT: Nice shot, Stifler, I didn't see your post before. Sorry but my TDU crashed and now I cannot find you on the map anymore!

And I "survived" some sudden deceleration from 208 mph into some flowers:

f0ala9.jpg

More to come, if my router and real life allows!

Regards

X8X8X

post scriptum:

As it's more important to look posh now for TDU is back online, how can I change my bike-suit and can I grow long hair in this game?

I thought the UPnP included in the code would be able to compensate that port opening, that's why I only recommended its opening during the first testing wave. :) But yeah, if you have network issue, opening the port is usually the answer to your problem.

Speeder, previously in tdu there was pink tasks on the map to know where peoples was before make appear the red dots :

[ATTACH]21732[/ATTACH]

I don't see it anymore, this is a bug related to the port 8889 or it was a gamespy feature and this is normal ?