We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Hi everyone, a friend just told me about this recently, got everything set up yesterday, registered to raise an issue I found with the G27 fix.

The G27 fix does not work. Was told too place it in the root directory of my game folder and did so. Then replaced every dinput8.dll I could find on my windows installation, still nothing worked. It randomly worked once after a dozen attempts or so but mapping the controller axis seems impossible for the throttle and brake - seems to think that multiple buttons are being pressed.

Symptom wise, the G27 wheel stays locked the entire time as though un-initialized. For extra measure I loaded up rFactor immediately before and after , G27 works perfectly fine in those. Research later led me to this : (add www , can't post links)

forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-Please-fix-FFB-in-Test-Drive-Unlimited-1-66a-PC/td-p/433408?nobounce

To which a logitech dev mentioned something about a specific lockout in tdu1. Is anyone here with a working G27?

Hey, I had the same problem with the throttle and brake not mapping. It gave me the same error. Have you been launching TDU from the Logitech program? That's what was causing the problem for me and I found out that launching from the testdriveunlimited.exe fixed the problem and I was able to map the controller fine. :)

I have a G27 and I had those same issues, try checking combined pedals in the profiler, which did the trick for me. Have already told lean, who has told speeder but was told speeder did not have any issues with the fix, so I assumed I was the only one. Obviously you are not able to press the gas and brake at the same time anymore, but rarely have to in a game such as TDU. But you will be able to map the gas and brake perfectly fine now. leds work good, and so does the FFB, 900 degrees, just like how my G25 worked before.

Nope.

All ENB/SweetFX mods have d3d9.dll among other files.

Project paradise mod is basily d3d9.dll so nope, you cant have any other mods that requires d3d9.dll changed.

But there are some nice graphical mods which only changes files in FX folder so you can use them.

I was told you can use enb with the mod. Tried myself few weeks ago but it didn't connect to the server. ENB has a function to use another d3d9 in the ini file.

I have a problem with a steering wheel (logi dfp), it's set in 360* mode but after alt+tab it's working in full 900*. It happens only if I launch the newest version of PP, without it it's perfectly fine and I also didn't have any problems with the older version (the one with launcher). I tried many different things in logitech profiler and I tried to delete all parameters from shortcut - still nothing. For me 900* is preety much unplayable, I can set in-game sensitivity so that I have like 550* but it's still not what I want.

@Speeder, is there any way to make the Fuel Popup dissapear when in photomode?

-snip-

That's a glitch linked to the disappearing gauges. It'll be fixed with the next update as well.

I meant to ask that actually. I see the HD is super nice graphics (that will kill my PC :lol:), what's the SD? Is that still better looking than standard or is it like a "lite" mode for people with crappy PCs (me)?

-sd is exactly like the -hd except the Lod (level of detail) is closer to the default game than the hd mode.

So technically the performances should be better (for me it was the case, like 120fps in sd vs 60fps in hd without vsync).

i have another question: can i use this mod with ENB series and/or SweetFX? if yes, how can i do it?

You can give a try with the ENB injector using a different dll name but from what I remember it may not work.

Then replaced every dinput8.dll I could find on my windows installation, still nothing worked. It randomly worked once after a dozen attempts or so but mapping the controller axis seems impossible for the throttle and brake - seems to think that multiple buttons are being pressed.

Symptom wise, the G27 wheel stays locked the entire time as though un-initialized. For extra measure I loaded up rFactor immediately before and after , G27 works perfectly fine in those. Research later led me to this : (add www , can't post links)

forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-Please-fix-FFB-in-Test-Drive-Unlimited-1-66a-PC/td-p/433408?nobounce

To which a logitech dev mentioned something about a specific lockout in tdu1. Is anyone here with a working G27?

Hmm you shouldn't replace every dinput8.dll on your system or else you gonna have some major issues later... :lol: Remember this is only a fix, it doesn't replace the real dinput8.

I'm using the G27 as well, but I don't have that kind of issue (using profiler 5.1 x64).

I have a problem with a steering wheel (logi dfp), it's set in 360* mode but after alt+tab it's working in full 900*. It happens only if I launch the newest version of PP, without it it's perfectly fine and I also didn't have any problems with the older version (the one with launcher). I tried many different things in logitech profiler and I tried to delete all parameters from shortcut - still nothing. For me 900* is preety much unplayable, I can set in-game sensitivity so that I have like 550* but it's still not what I want.

I assume you play without the g27 fix?

TDU back online is next to the PC release date of GTA V the best damn news in the whole year :) Thanx a lot for that great project :clap:

One question: Is there an issue with adding friends? I tried that but it didn't work ingame. You can send a request, but nothing arrives.

Friend list isn't working at the moment. :)

Have you tried to disable the option "Allow Games to Adjust The parameters" or also be sure the Rotation angle isn't modified when you alt+tab? (in logitech profiler)

Yup, I tried that too. Even if I set in profiler 100 degrees (on global and tdu profile) it's working properly on desktop but after alt+tab it goes to 900*. It must be PP fault, because today I launched the game without the mod with the same profiler settings and it's ok.

I have some problems with the time/weather progression and setting:

I realized that the weather didn't change or progress at all during a multiple hour session yesterday. I checked the photomode and realized that the fast-forward function in the options menu did not work. Same thing with the Weather Condition, its only possible to change between B and D, but without any visible changes or effect. I used advanced options to readout weather debug and the displayed condition always remainde the same.

I tried reinstalling, disabling all overlay programms as fraps, tried it with and without -fuel -hd -vsync, installed and deleted some FX weathermods (to make it more obvious).

In very rare cases (I was unable to reproduce what was different) the problem disappeared in photomode, i was able to change everything and it also showed effect on the gameplay. But: jumping back to freeroam -> driving a few meters, entering photomode again, the problem was present again. Absolutely no idea how to solve this.

Is anyone else having something similar?

I have some problems with the time/weather progression and setting:

I realized that the weather didn't change or progress at all during a multiple hour session yesterday. I checked the photomode and realized that the fast-forward function in the options menu did not work. Same thing with the Weather Condition, its only possible to change between B and D, but without any visible changes or effect. I used advanced options to readout weather debug and the displayed condition always remainde the same.

I tried reinstalling, disabling all overlay programms as fraps, tried it with and without -fuel -hd -vsync, installed and deleted some FX weathermods (to make it more obvious).

In very rare cases (I was unable to reproduce what was different) the problem disappeared in photomode, i was able to change everything and it also showed effect on the gameplay. But: jumping back to freeroam -> driving a few meters, entering photomode again, the problem was present again. Absolutely no idea how to solve this.

Is anyone else having something similar?

It's an issue linked to the fuel gauge issue and it'll fixed as well in the next update. :)

@exodusPL: I don't have any idea why to be honest. I'll have a look closely later but for now you can try to start with/without the logitech launcher and mess with profiler settings.

@exodusPL: I don't have any idea why to be honest. I'll have a look closely later but for now you can try to start with/without the logitech launcher and mess with profiler settings.

I started the game with profiler on, then I did alt+tab, turned off profiler and got back to the game and the rotation angle didn't change. But that's weird, my mate has the same wheel, we're using the same OS, in-game and profiler settings and he has absolutely no problems. I don't get it... At least it's working now.

BTW. I hope you'll do something about this huge fuel consumption. It may be quite realistic, but I don't want to drive from gas station to gas station and worry about getting there. Or at least make a few temporary refuel places like Lisa's Diner, because there's just one station on north (but it's close to the center of the island) and none on west. It's impossible to do a fast lap around Oahu.