We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

I have problem :P So i met today Combat and the connection was perfect. We had 2 other guys in session and they were lagging in my view (in Combat's not). I already opened port and checked it again and it seems to be open. I went to the game 20 minutes later and Combat was lagging with 3 other guys and only one player wasn't. I don't know what could it be. :/

Vehicle delivery. I am able to do them since I started career from scratch :)

Edit:

In addition, parcel delivery missions are not affected by this issue... is this because in vehicle delivery one's not driving his own vehicle ? So should be the same with car rental. Not tested yet.

Did you play with any option enabled? I tried a random vehicle delivery mission but I didn't get any freeze.

I have problem :P So i met today Combat and the connection was perfect. We had 2 other guys in session and they were lagging in my view (in Combat's not). I already opened port and checked it again and it seems to be open. I went to the game 20 minutes later and Combat was lagging with 3 other guys and only one player wasn't. I don't know what could it be. :/

It may come from your connection or a bad routing. Be sure to have a good bandwidth while playing. :)

Wouldn't you'd also need to edit textures to make the texture of an indicator glass/bulb to appear illuminated? You know, the thing that's bugged on for example the Spykers (when you put them in reverse, the front indicator textures illuminate).

True, I wasn't even thinking of illumination, just the light flares :lol: Still I would put up with just the flares.

just start a new profile, insert a gamespay ID and password (no real ID is needed since gamespy is offline anyways) and start a new game. (:

Thanks ! :) I can see now that servers are available but at the moment I cannot see other players driving on the roads and same I cannot find anyone on the map. Should I wait a little bit longer ? And also I had a massage `servers are not available at the moment` but after couple seconds everything backs to normal. Is this a common situation ?

Hope to see you all in the game !

True, I wasn't even thinking of illumination, just the light flares :lol: Still I would put up with just the flares.

You need to make the game understand, the basic cars got indicators. First of all you need it 3D shape. Like materials or flares. For the flares you basicly need to add a new game code into the engine telling the it "make flare XY go on and off once per second by pressing shortcut AB". For the materials it's more comlicated, and you would need Oleg to write a new export engine for ZModeler. Not enough with that, the game need a texture with a color to know what should glow by doing what. At the moment it is like that: Blue = high beam (works only by headlight materials [LGT_F* (LIT)], red = brake light, green = reverse light. As you can see, this are the BASIC colors red, green, blue. Other colors like pink would contain red and blue, and this would mean this lights are brake lights AND high beam (I hope you understand it so far). And as it is impossible to ADD basic colors, the only solution would be to use tail light materials and blue color. PROBLEM - You have got indicators, in the headlights, too. Next thing is you need to edit game codes AND add a new shortcut to it. And I can't imagine this is that easy, or possible at all.

Did you play with any option enabled? I tried a random vehicle delivery mission but I didn't get any freeze.
Currently starting from a cmd file, with those args appended to TDU exe : -hd -vsync -fuel.

Will launch simpler way and report if there's an enhancement. Thanks.

---

Edit: curiously enough, freezes have stopped and I could put all args back and start from cmd again.

You need to make the game understand, the basic cars got indicators. First of all you need it 3D shape. Like materials or flares. For the flares you basicly need to add a new game code into the engine telling the it "make flare XY go on and off once per second by pressing shortcut AB". For the materials it's more comlicated, and you would need Oleg to write a new export engine for ZModeler. Not enough with that, the game need a texture with a color to know what should glow by doing what. At the moment it is like that: Blue = high beam (works only by headlight materials [LGT_F* (LIT)], red = brake light, green = reverse light. As you can see, this are the BASIC colors red, green, blue. Other colors like pink would contain red and blue, and this would mean this lights are brake lights AND high beam (I hope you understand it so far). And as it is impossible to ADD basic colors, the only solution would be to use tail light materials and blue color. PROBLEM - You have got indicators, in the headlights, too. Next thing is you need to edit game codes AND add a new shortcut to it. And I can't imagine this is that easy, or possible at all.

Ah I see, so even with a massive amount of effort indicators are only ever going to be half assed thanks to the limitations of the game. :hmmm: