We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Guys've got a proplem: my game crashes nearly everytime i open the map.

At first this happened only very rarely , but right now i'm completely unable to open the map, crashes every time....

Anyone else got this or possible solution?

Yes, just happened again here after 1 hour.

You could send dumpfile (documents/test drive unlimited/TDU_TDU_0_02_A.dmp) to speeder.

Me too to both of what you say, my first ever diecast model car was a Silver 456 GT.

Mine is green, which is weird, but awesome. :lol: Later i take a photo of it.

To me Ferraris lost their Ferrari-ness quite after this car.

I cannot put my finger on why, but if I "had" to choose a Ferrari, it would never be something after the 456, the 512 or 355 (although the 360 was somewhat sexy).

Regards

X8X8X

I don't think Ferrari lost it's Ferrari-ness, it just got modern as the years passed by, but i do prefer the 90's and about. 456, 550, 355, 348, 512, 360... :drool:

Yes, just happened again here after 1 hour.

You could send dumpfile (documents/test drive unlimited/TDU_TDU_0_02_A.dmp) to speeder.

I fixed the problem by removing all three extra options: -fuel -hd and -vsync. Forced vsync via NvidiaInspector. No more crashes until now, Speeder got a pm with my dumpfile. Will test tomorrow wich of the three additions caused the problem exactly.

Mine is green, which is weird, but awesome. :lol: Later i take a photo of it.

I don't think Ferrari lost it's Ferrari-ness, it just got modern as the years passed by, but i do prefer the 90's and about. 456, 550, 355, 348, 512, 360... :drool:

I agree. There's no such thing as losing it's essence. I don't have any decade preference, i like what pleases me, regardless of age. Nostalgia is a drug IMO and since it's a drug, i say no.

If I edit a cars' performance in TDUPE, does it transfer online? I'm not doing anything stupid like making the car unrealistic, I'm just trying to figure out why AWD cars brake smoother than every other car in the game. Also, the engine braking in cars like the Corvette annoy the heck out of me. I'd rather them drive like the Gallardo where the car doesn't auto brake itself when I lift off of the throttle.

[/color]

Hmm you shouldn't replace every dinput8.dll on your system or else you gonna have some major issues later... :lol: Remember this is only a fix, it doesn't replace the real dinput8.

I'm using the G27 as well, but I don't have that kind of issue (using profiler 5.1 x64).

I assume you play without the g27 fix?

Friend list isn't working at the moment. :)

Hi Speeder thanks for the prompt reply,

Yeah I learnt that I should not replace every dinput8.dll the hard way - broke my steam doing so but figured it out. That being said I can say I tried almost everything, I was told to put it in my root folder but that did nothing, it worked once in 12 attempts or so and when it did, could not map throttle and brake.

The main issue is that the wheel itself stays locked as though its not initilized. Hm x64 you say ? I am running x86 (32bit , enterprise), any idea whats happening? I am pretty sure that my wheel or drivers are not at fault as it works in my other games immediately before and after those tests I performed while trying the G27 dinput8.dll fix out.

32-64bit aside, I do not use logitech profiler as I have found it causes ffb latency issue in my sim racers. It was installed along with the drivers but its auto-start is disabled, this was similar to how I set up my G25 in previous years.

Hey, I had the same problem with the throttle and brake not mapping. It gave me the same error. Have you been launching TDU from the Logitech program? That's what was causing the problem for me and I found out that launching from the testdriveunlimited.exe fixed the problem and I was able to map the controller fine. :)

I do not use Logitech profiler, my G27 drivers are installed, it works in every other game I have but this.

The main issue I have is the wheel staying locked, it won't initialze as though windows does not realize tdu1 is running.

So from what I gather there are G27 users here who have their wheel working? Would someone mind sharing their config? I would absolutely LOVE to get my G27 working in Tdu1, H mode used to be the best thing I did with my old G25's but sad to say my G27 has been nothing but grief. I do not even have half the amount of control I used to have with a $10 pad on h-mode lol !

Hi, I'm new here . A long time not because of the game TDU server that no longer worked. I used to play with my friends and plan to return to play. But I lost my savegame, I wonder if you have to get the savegame 100% online from a friend and edit changing only the nickname?

I tried to start another save, but can not start the first race.

When you created your new online profile, did the game start and could you play the tutorial (fly to Hawaii, rent a car, buy your first house, buy your first car, do the first race, visit your house)? If yes, just restart the game, that should do the trick, it worked fine for me, when I had the same problem.

When you created your new online profile, did the game start and could you play the tutorial (fly to Hawaii, rent a car, buy your first house, buy your first car, do the first race, visit your house)? If yes, just restart the game, that should do the trick, it worked fine for me, when I had the same problem.

No, it doesn't get past the "Connecting to TestDrive Server" part. I can't even get to the stage of starting a game. I'm stuck on the "Connecting to TestDrive Server" screen. Any ideas?

- nicroh007