We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Yeah I just got that problem today X8X8X, I think it may be the server because I kept trying and I got online eventually. The problem is I'm messing with the settings of a Day/Night mod and I have to keep leaving the game to change values in the .ini files.(This is a problem only because I can't connect to test my changes.) But, I doubt this will be a long time issue with the servers or whatever it is.

*Unlocked Settings for Windowed mode (-wx): unlock settings for the windowed mode (-w)]

I noticed this in the second post on this thread, I assumed that by unlocked settings for windowed mode, the OP meant that you could change the graphic settings while in windowed mode, which is something I'd very much like to do. However, whenever I add -w to the shortcut target, the graphical settings still cannot be modified, whereas if I add -wx, windowed mode doesn't even kick in. May I ask for some assistance, or for someone to explain what the above quote in referring to, in case I misunderstood it?

I just use the launcher for the windowed mode and enabled the settings via launcher, too. The game then starts in a resolution of 1280x720, but the resolution can be changed in the game (what didn't work when I started the game with just the command line parameter). Then I just press the keys Win+Up to maximize the window (what didn't work with just the parameter as well). Now I can play in windowed mode and 1920x1080. Hope this helps :)

I can't seem to make any posts, I'm getting error message after error message...

Well, as it seems now I can, but I can't post what I'm trying to say, the site says I'm apparently posting a link, that mind you does not exist in my reply.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I wanted to thank you, Combat Shotgun, because adding -wx to -w did work, but now, I can't seem to get the g4me's window to scale down. You see, I like to play in a resolution smaller than 1280x720, for the sake of framerate, and to quickly, and easily access my desktop if need be. However, when I change the resolution, the g4me's screen stretches to fit 1280x720, rather the window sizing down to the selected resolution. Is there a way to get the screen to scale down, I mean besides actually taking it by a corner and manually scaling it down (but by this method, I can't particularly eyeball a specific resolution)?

I was shocked at first when I heard about the revival of TDU1, its been dead for so many years!

Absolutely cant wait till I get home and gonna install it.

Only problem I have is when I try to install it from my original disc, it quitting the installshield, saying it finished (without installing anything).

I'm on Win7, tried compatibility, stalling is-shield from the DVD ect.

Anyone had that problem ever?

Once again, great job with the project!

I could add custom window resolution if that can help.

It sounds like an architecture issue but it can't really be the case here as TDU is a 32bits app... You could try to download an iso or rip your dvd maybe. Check for installshield issues too, sometimes the cache can mess with the installers using that.

New Gas Station On the way! :D

If you have suggestion of emplacement (large plane surface would be the best) feel free to post.

http://i.imgur.com/m46ynaw.jpg

Wow... you can modify the map?! :eek:

Perhaps use skyscraper roofs, by simply sinking the buildings through the ground. Perhaps that gives a big surface to drive on. This is what most people do for GTA SA servers to create custom locations. I played on a flightserver for a while and I used this ''trick'' to build custom airport surfaces.

Or look at harbour parts.