We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Normally if you transfer your profile from another computer it works perfect. I had a new computer recently and I installed TDU on it, reusing my old profile and done. It Works like a charm.

For the online aspects, I think just the E-mail is enough, you don't need a password anymore :) Simply put your profile in ...USERNAME/Documents/Test Drive Unlimited, Launch the game, select your online profile, put your e-mail and it should work.

Guest .:TestDriver:.

DiSCiPuLo, I'm not a developer of this mod but I only know that your savegame dosen't need a valid pass and e-mail, because this mod doesn't need the old original game spy server , so doesn't need user's info such as password or email either. All you need is a working online savegame without a valid pass or mail for it.

I tried with no password and says, password wrong. :para:

The problem is that I created the user before moving the folder from D:\ to C:\ and as much as I overwrite or delete files to put the folder back keeps asking me the password and I can not use my old profile that was online... because to have the active servers I need to check the box of gamespy or not?

I tried to install the game on the HDD D:\, although it's saving the savegame in C:\users\xxxx... and still does not let me use the user. :(

P.S. It was my fault but I wonder if there is any way to delete the user or reset the password for the older one, I don't know where is saved, if in my pc or some online server because if gamespy does not exist anymore, I don't know what servers are used for online now.

@DiSCiPuLo, So actually your operating system (Windows) ask you to enter a password? Or you were asked to write a password in the in-game form?

because to have the active servers I need to check the box of gamespy or not?

You should check the box if you want to play online, but this is for creating a new profile, If you had a savegame (or profile) before, this is not the way to use it.

I think you were creating a profile. If you had a savegame and want to use it again,Please read my introduction below to solve your problem.

0) make sure you did installed the "Project Paradise" mod correctly.

1) Create an online savegame in the game by running the game and choosing the "New Profile" and check the "game spy" box.

2) when creating the profile, name it exactly the name of your old savegame.

3) enter and write a wrong and nonsense pass word and e-mail, if there was an error, type an other email (no need to be valid) if you get an error again type another mail and even this happens again then make sure you did installed the TDU Project Paradise mod correctly.

4) after creating the profile, start game and exit after completing the first mission.

5) after you exit the game, replace the new savegame with your old savegame. their name should be same and all of the new contents of the new savegame should be replaced by the old one. You can now play it.

--- Post Updated ---

I connected to these guys quickly. Still don't have the ports forwarded. I guess my router and modem just enjoy playing TDU1 online again.

4pMDgvc.jpg

There is a thing called "NAT", this is a cool thing that lets you send and receive data in new ways, Even if your router have allowed the NAT , Windows might deny it. Actually Windows might deny it but Windows actually most of the times let the NAT be allowed!! Windows's Firewall is complete crap, go to firewall settings and go to advanced (you need the admin privileges to do so) then go to "inbound" part and check if it says "ALL - ALLOWED" for the TDU game if there isn't "TDU" in the list, create new rule by clicking "New rule" in the right part of the window and select "Program" in the new window, and click next, then click brows and find the "TDU" exe (do not choose the TDU launcher exe) and then click next, click "allow all" and check and enable all of the network adapters and policies on the window. click finish. ]

then click properties of the TDU (TestDrive Unlimited) and go to "advanced" tab, go to "Edge Interval" and choose "Enable edge interval", now you allowed the NAT system and your Windows won't deny it for the game.

Then go to Outbound setting and see if you can see TDU in the list and if you find it make sure it's "allowed" for each network policies (example: Private or Public network) if you didn't find it, make a new rule (exactly the same way you could do in the "Inbound" setting) and allow the game to communicate normally.

You can do the same ways for other games, however if a setup of a game runs as admin, it should does the things I said automatically but with a little difference,though.

Please note: allowed rules are green, denied rules are red.

IMPORTANT: do NOT make 2 same rules with different policies for one software.

Note: I assumed you have a newer Windows version than Vista or XP.

Note: Address of firewall is: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall

Note: I'm not sure if *really* the problem caused by firewall or not, I just wanted to help you if possible.

NOTE:Sorry if I had typos in this post, because I didn't re-read this message to correct grammatical and vocabulary mistakes.

Just tried Speeders Launcher ,

Nope no go. Wheel stays locked all the same. Won't initilizae.

The Wheel Fix does not work on G27's if your on 32 bit windows it seems...

Is there any chance we can get a wheel fix for 32 bit ?

Thanks in advance.

The G27 fix doesn't seem to do anything for me still either (8.1/x64).

The term "Edge Interval" is incorrect - I believe it is termed Edge Traversal and you want that overriden to enable, it defaults to block on win7. The rest looks fine, I cannot for my life understand why microsoft designed a firewall that not only allow CONFLICTING rules to run simultaneously but TWO firewalls (basic and advanced) that attempt to override each other. Good job Microsoft lol. That aside it might have been mentioned before but its a good idea to port forward all the relevant ports for TDU1 on your router - if you can't find them, they use all the same ports as tdu2 (8880-8890 TCP UDP just to name an example)

Very nice work on educating users how to set up their win7 firewall correctly there D4Noosh!

The term "Edge Interval" is incorrect - I believe it is termed Edge Traversal and you want that overriden to enable, it defaults to block on win7. The rest looks fine, I cannot for my life understand why microsoft designed a firewall that not only allow CONFLICTING rules to run simultaneously but TWO firewalls (basic and advanced) that attempt to override each other. Good job Microsoft lol. That aside it might have been mentioned before but its a good idea to port forward all the relevant ports for TDU1 on your router - if you can't find them, they use all the same ports as tdu2 (8880-8890 TCP UDP just to name an example)

Very nice work on educating users how to set up their win7 firewall correctly there D4Noosh!

Oops I was reading how to hack Canon DSLRs cameras and there was an option called "Interval" and I think because of the fast writing I made mistake and confused these ,too. Thanks for your correction, still I feel lazy enough to review my last post again. :p :)

@DiSCiPuLo, So actually your operating system (Windows) ask you to enter a password? Or you were asked to write a password in the in-game form?

You should check the box if you want to play online, but this is for creating a new profile, If you had a savegame (or profile) before, this is not the way to use it.

I think you were creating a profile. If you had a savegame and want to use it again,Please read my introduction below to solve your problem.

0) make sure you did installed the "Project Paradise" mod correctly.

1) Create an online savegame in the game by running the game and choosing the "New Profile" and check the "game spy" box.

2) when creating the profile, name it exactly the name of your old savegame.

3) enter and write a wrong and nonsense pass word and e-mail, if there was an error, type an other email (no need to be valid) if you get an error again type another mail and even this happens again then make sure you did installed the TDU Project Paradise mod correctly.

4) after creating the profile, start game and exit after completing the first mission.

5) after you exit the game, replace the new savegame with your old savegame. their name should be same and all of the new contents of the new savegame should be replaced by the old one. You can now play it.

Thank you very much for trying to help guys. Then I leave the steps I did when I was wrong to create my user because I did not remember that savegame folder is created somewhere else and not pasted before starting the game.

@D4N005H, the steps I made were...

1. Install TDU with my original key, patch 1.66A, Megapack and my original key, TDU Paradise (d3d9.dll and TDU - Project Paradise Launcher.exe at the root of Test Drive Unlimited folder)

2. I started the game and there was no written user, I created "DiSCiPuLo", I activated gamespy box, I wrote my real e-mail and password which I thought was that I had once but isn't it..

3. I started the game, I rented the car, bought the house and did the first race and remembered the savegame was stored in C:\Users\XXXX\My Documents instead of D:\My Documents as I had in winXP and I have in the same HDD... (now I have Win7).

4. I copied and pasted the old savegame in C:\ folder overwriting the new user created to recognize the game my old saved game online.

5. I started the game and told me to load this User "DiSCiPuLo" was already being used by another password (when user-created again in point 2 and put the wrong password I thought I had formerly).

6. I created a user DiSCiPuLO (with o uppercase) with random email and random password, works to start from the beginning.

7. Overwrote the folder DiSCiPuLO (by older) DiSCiPuLo and does not work ... I changed the name of the old "DiSCiPuLo" of the new "DiSCiPuLO" does not work.

8. I created a user as you say with my old account "DiSCiPuLo" with a random email and a random password, game tells me DiSCiPuLo is being used by another password.

9. I do not know what to do... I just want to use my old account with all my cars and others, if it's necessary I can send my savegame and password (old and new erroneous) if you can fix something.

Many, many thanks for trying to help, I'm grateful, despite not work anything I do... :crying:

P.S. It's really hard for me to explain all this mess, so sorry...