We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

I have been interested in Test Drive Unlimited since about 2nd grade, and knowing that it was going offline, I was more than sad.

I decided to give TDU2 a try, and I really didn't like it. It didn't have that natural TDU feeling, and they were lacking on the vehicles and features. One thing that I did truly miss though; is the cruises we had on TDU1 that went by so well.

I re-downloaded TDU legally, and placed the mod onto my file. As soon as I open, the game either crashes, or it may open in some cases, run for 15 minutes, and then crash. I'm running on Windows 8.1, and I do not have a problem running the game offline, without the .dll file in my TDU file.

I would strongly appreciate any type of help, because I'm eager to get back in TDU1 just as anyone else would.

Best Regards,

KingKrizzy

I have been interested in Test Drive Unlimited since about 2nd grade, and knowing that it was going offline, I was more than sad.

I decided to give TDU2 a try, and I really didn't like it. It didn't have that natural TDU feeling, and they were lacking on the vehicles and features. One thing that I did truly miss though; is the cruises we had on TDU1 that went by so well.

I re-downloaded TDU legally, and placed the mod onto my file. As soon as I open, the game either crashes, or it may open in some cases, run for 15 minutes, and then crash. I'm running on Windows 8.1, and I do not have a problem running the game offline, without the .dll file in my TDU file.

I would strongly appreciate any type of help, because I'm eager to get back in TDU1 just as anyone else would.

Best Regards,

KingKrizzy

Welcome to the forum, King! Have you tried running TDU as admin?

Welcome to the forum, King! Have you tried running TDU as admin?

I appreciate the quick reply, just to let you know :)

I had not yet tried running it as an Administrator, but then again, I'm able to perfectly run the game without the Project Paradise mod inside of my folder. I had thoroughly followed the directions for installation about a kazillion times already, and honestly there's just no going about it.

I'm also using the digital version of the game. Perhaps I may re-download it off of another source if I can find one, as my computer is very new yet it doesn't have a CD ROM. May you suggest me a source to download TDU with the digital version on?

I appreciate the quick reply, just to let you know :)

I had not yet tried running it as an Administrator, but then again, I'm able to perfectly run the game without the Project Paradise mod inside of my folder. I had thoroughly followed the directions for installation about a kazillion times already, and honestly there's just no going about it.

I'm also using the digital version of the game. Perhaps I may re-download it off of another source if I can find one, as my computer is very new yet it doesn't have a CD ROM. May you suggest me a source to download TDU with the digital version on?

Is it really a legit source? TDU:PP doesn't work with pirated versions at all. However if you do have a legit, legal copy then perhaps PP has assumed your copy is pirated when it's actually a digital download.

I honestly don't know where you could find a legit digital download version these days, it's hard enough to find a hard copy. IIRC it's also very buggy...

Is it really a legit source? TDU:PP doesn't work with pirated versions at all. However if you do have a legit, legal copy then perhaps PP has assumed your copy is pirated when it's actually a digital download.

I honestly don't know where you could find a legit digital download version these days, it's hard enough to find a hard copy. IIRC it's also very buggy...

It is a legit source. TDU:PP works on my digital version, however the fact of the matter is it crashes after about 15 minutes. I'm able to get online and stuff like that, but after a certain time, the app bugs out.

--- Post Updated ---

How new is your copy of Windows 8? It seems like something else outside of TDU is messing with it. Though, that's assuming your game is semi-legit ("semi" as "modified" versions do work).

Tree'd. Sorry but I have no choice but to double post. I obtained my Windows 8 laptop in 2013. It is a Dell Inspiron with 6GB of RAM, and I have Norton & McAfee security softwares on it. I had disabled both of them, but no progress. I'm not sure what's causing the app to act up.

It is a legit source. TDU:PP works on my digital version, however the fact of the matter is it crashes after about 15 minutes. I'm able to get online and stuff like that, but after a certain time, the app bugs out.

And have you tried running as admin? Stupid as it sounds some copies won't run without admin.

Also trying going into (you'll need to enable view hidden files) C:\ProgramData\Test Drive Unlimited and deleting radial.cdb - it's a file known to crash TDU for no other reason than it's evil.

And have you tried running as admin? Stupid as it sounds some copies won't run without admin.

Also trying going into (you'll need to enable view hidden files) C:\ProgramData\Test Drive Unlimited and deleting radial.cdb - it's a file known to crash TDU for no other reason than it's evil.

Just directly in the Program Files or in Program Files x86? I tried going in x86 and going to the Eden Games folder but I hadn't found the file. I have all files being displayed so when I get home to school I'll check if you don't reply to me before then.

EDIT: Just realized that said Problem Data. I'll try it when I get home.

Yup, still not working. I'm fully able to function with every ability in single player, however I'm not able to touch my online account once I put the DLL back in in attempt to play online. I'm very eager to play TDU again so I would like to try every method possible. My version is 1.66A, so I'm not sure if I need to download 1.68B to function it online or something within that matter.

Yup, still not working. I'm fully able to function with every ability in single player, however I'm not able to touch my online account once I put the DLL back in in attempt to play online. I'm very eager to play TDU again so I would like to try every method possible. My version is 1.66A, so I'm not sure if I need to download 1.68B to function it online or something within that matter.

You shouldn't but give it a go anyway, I really don't know what the conflict is. And you're not using any other mods or anything that could be interfering?

Cleaned up. Again. Keep this on topic, Project Paradise is the topic at hand here.

Discussing illegal copies of the game or how to get them working is not allowed.

As Ryzza said, if you can't obtain a legit digital download version of the game, a used DVD copy and an external DVD drive is the next best thing. That's that.

Just came by to say I'm very grateful for bringing the best PC racing game of all time back to life. I hope this project will continue to develop so we can once again enjoy full multiplayer experience of TDU at some point, but what has been achieved so far is already no less than magnificent! :clap:

One question - is any form of racing against other players working so far? I noticed I can challenge players in free-roam mode but I haven't got any luck with responses so far and I'm not sure if this feature works.