We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

my tdu is crashing on "connecting to tdu servers" with the project paradise

not crashing on offline profiles

i tried almost everything

any help? :(

[x]Windows 8.1 Pro

[x]Legal Copy of TDU

[x]1.66A patch installed

Happened the same to a friend who installed the game yesterday, i sent him my profile and it works now, so it looks like you cannot create an online profile?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test drive Unlimited with Fanatec Clubsport Wheel

Problem solved 4 me :P

I pluged in my old g 25 installed the logitech software and then my Fanatec CSW worked again :D

Whithout pluged in g25 in don´t work so now i have a cardboard box from Logitech with an usb cable 0o.

But dosen´t matter ... I am Back in TDU !

Best whishes, UMOD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry I know this is a bit off-topic but I would like to ask for any skilled player here if he's got any interest of uploading his best run in "Island of Tour" Event using an in-game car? Can't find any on YouTube apart from another dude in CCR got 35.29 lately.

Here's my run as a tiny challenge (I know, my run is still piece of crap):

P.S. At least I've got project paradise and few other mods in this video :P

I kicked off that trend on the TDU forums when I posted a video of a run in a GTO.

Best I saw before it all went offline was in a starter Audi, I believe.

I raced under the name Americaspeed. Recently reinstalled this on my living room Steam box with the online mod, which is great. Just need to sort out the map constantly crashing.

• 3 weeks later...
Karacho: Multiplayer Races are disabled for now (until they get back online if that's possible :p).

But the instant challenge limit will be removed when the next update will be online. :D

That was 08/12/14 :) may i gently ask whether this update will ever appear?

Thanks for reading, sorry for my english and have a nice day :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

after being quite busy during the last year with finishing my studies, I was looking forward to playing TDU online again, this being pretty much the only game I play nowadays besides Live for Speed. However, I've had to reinstall my Windows since I last played TDU.

I figured no biggie, I'll just reinstall TDU as well.

When I tried activating the game though, I got an "activation failed" message, which says the following:

"Too many activations on different PCs have been performed with the entered SERIAL. No further activations are allowed."

I bought this copy off Gamesplanet a couple of years back, after losing my first copy of the game. They're not selling the game anymore, and I can't find any other online markets which do.

After skimming through the last few pages, I understand using a no-CD is still not allowed. So, I guess this is it? Is there any way I can still play online?

Thanks, and hope to see you guys on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been here in ages! trying to get back into tdu1 online. Everything is working except one thing. I have t500rs and a G27 shifter with adapter. I cannot map any of the gears. Shifter just doesn't recognize. I know I've been able to before....any help with this? am I missing something?

Did you make sure to add the G27 fix in the first post?

Yeah I added it. dinput8.dll, right?

EDIT: would it be possible because I do not have it installed in the standard directory? I'm using my other hard drive due to space atm. Dunno if this will effect that particular dll or not. Online is working fine, so not sure.

EDIT 2 : i found a way around it using Pinnacle Game Profiler. Unfortunately, I could only think of setting up the numpad keys to be emulated by the shifter, so now everytime I use chat, if I'm in 2nd gear, I instantly write a million 2's everywhere lol. I'll have to figure something out, but it works now!

Maybe somebody can help me - I've installed everything correctly in the way described in the readme, but there seems to be no connection to the game server. GameSpy-Login is accepted and I get into the game without any connection lag. When I'm inside the garage or on the in-game-map, then it says in the top left corner "TDU server unavailable". I can see some other (CPU?) drivers, but always the same (Walter, Pattie, Helen etc.). How can I get my installation to connect with the TDU server?