We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

That obviously doesnt matter here. But Ive found the reason for the offline problem - when I once setup my profile, I forgot the marker for GameSpy, so I created an offline game. So I now created a new profile and now server is online. BUT: Now I have to start the new career and have to choose a person and have to rent a car and buy the first house and car. That works. But until now I have no access to the map etc.. Next step is to drive to the first race. But when I try to start the race nothing happens, I cant get any further. Music and graphics run on, but I cant get to the main menu, have to close TDU via taskManager. Every time I restart it, I shall do this f*** race first. Crap! When I create an offline profile without GameSpy checkmark, I can get further and complete this race. Whats wrong here?

--- Post Updated ---

Can I take my old offline profile and avtivate GameSpy option? Inside the GameSpy menu there is no option for that. :-(

That obviously doesnt matter here. But Ive found the reason for the offline problem - when I once setup my profile, I forgot the marker for GameSpy, so I created an offline game. So I now created a new profile and now server is online. BUT: Now I have to start the new career and have to choose a person and have to rent a car and buy the first house and car. That works. But until now I have no access to the map etc.. Next step is to drive to the first race. But when I try to start the race nothing happens, I cant get any further. Music and graphics run on, but I cant get to the main menu, have to close TDU via taskManager. Every time I restart it, I shall do this f*** race first. Crap! When I create an offline profile without GameSpy checkmark, I can get further and complete this race. Whats wrong here?

--- Post Updated ---

Can I take my old offline profile and avtivate GameSpy option? Inside the GameSpy menu there is no option for that. :-(

Sounds like the exact symptoms of somebody using an incorrectly-installed cracked version of TDU. You won't get support for that here.

I installed from the original DVD with my original key from inside. But you are absolutely right - I replaced the original exe with the noCD-exe as it takes more than 30s of time everytime I start TDU only for that damn DVD-check. So I will try again with the disturbing original exe. Maybe that could solve the problem of getting over that point where the game hangs...

I installed from the original DVD with my original key from inside. But you are absolutely right - I replaced the original exe with the noCD-exe as it takes more than 30s of time everytime I start TDU only for that damn DVD-check. So I will try again with the disturbing original exe. Maybe that could solve the problem of getting over that point where the game hangs...

That particular no-DVD EXE doesn't work for online play regardless. You'd have to make a mountable DVD image as an alternative.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

the actual game works fine for me, but when I put the d3d9.dll in the main folder the game will almost instantly crash. Yep, I'm using Win10, but I figure this isn't about WIn10, is it?

PS: Just watched at the last pages here. Seems like I have to try some things out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good idea. Might as well install on both. New system has plenty of space.

(Don't do it! BS is talking BS :p) Well logically TDU shouldn't run on Win10 due to the whole securom thing, how anyone has got it to work I don't know. I (and others) tried everything we could without luck. Cracks, manual driver install, everything!

(Don't do it! BS is talking BS :p) Well logically TDU shouldn't run on Win10 due to the whole securom thing, how anyone has got it to work I don't know. I (and others) tried everything we could without luck. Cracks, manual driver install, everything!

I literally didn't do anything special. I just run TDU how I have for years, and it still works like a champ.

How to run TDU1 on Windows 10[/url]

I don't think people will want you promoting something that requires a no-DVD crack. I guess I was just extremely lucky, but I literally didn't have to do anything differently than I have for every other version of Windows >.>.

I don't think people will want you promoting something that requires a no-DVD crack. I guess I was just extremely lucky, but I literally didn't have to do anything differently than I have for every other version of Windows >.>.

No direct links and it's fine. We're more lenient since it's a necessity for a lot of us.

Owning 3 copies of TDU I didn't think I'd need a crack :fp: