We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Hello!

I decided to play some TDU since I haven't done this in a very, very long time. I was able to connect to the server, everything is fine, unfortunately I lost my savegame so I have to start from scratch, but that doesn't really bother me.

I couldn't find this question in the FAQ, are mods allowed? Can I run 2.00 Patch and can I put in modded cars? I guess visual mods should be ok, but how about car mods? Also, if I edit cars with TDUPE, is that going to be a problem? I'm really tempted to put in some of my favorite cars again, but I'm scared of getting banned or something.

Thanks!

Hello!

I decided to play some TDU since I haven't done this in a very, very long time. I was able to connect to the server, everything is fine, unfortunately I lost my savegame so I have to start from scratch, but that doesn't really bother me.

I couldn't find this question in the FAQ, are mods allowed? Can I run 2.00 Patch and can I put in modded cars? I guess visual mods should be ok, but how about car mods? Also, if I edit cars with TDUPE, is that going to be a problem? I'm really tempted to put in some of my favorite cars again, but I'm scared of getting banned or something.

Thanks!

I've seen people with custom cars and stat mods. I doubt there's anyone moderating who uses mods and who doesn't. It's a third-party multiplayer mod, so I doubt anyone gets banned.

Hey! The Quote and Multi-Quote buttons are underneath usernames :lol:

It's right where you'd expect them to be! /s :)

Bad UX choice for the theme creator.

Oh, yea. I found them! :D I was looking for them around the like/reply buttons and I clicked reply and hoped it'd quote. :D

I have another question - is there a way I can convert an offline profile to online? I tried making an online profile with the same name and then just swapping to my old savegame data, but it turned offline as well. If not, I guess I'll have to complete the game again which isn't a problem anyway, but for mod testing having a complete profile would be easier ^^

Oh, yea. I found them! :D I was looking for them around the like/reply buttons and I clicked reply and hoped it'd quote. :D

I have another question - is there a way I can convert an offline profile to online? I tried making an online profile with the same name and then just swapping to my old savegame data, but it turned offline as well. If not, I guess I'll have to complete the game again which isn't a problem anyway, but for mod testing having a complete profile would be easier ^^

Give TDU Mods : Offline Online Profile Conversions [Tutorials] | turboduck forum a try.

Someone with the nick NikitON33 is crashing into me all the time using insane speed hacks and I can't play normally.

Wow kids explore "now" the 10 years old TDU1....:eek::oook::clap::jealous:

But sry bro there is no option to ban someone in your session :(

The only thing what you can do is to isolate your session or press pause when you see the guy is crashing you.

Or you create a new profile with a other name.

Developer of such games was never thinking about ban options. The last good example is The Crew same problem there.:fp::cry:

=-;593717']Wow kids explore "now" the 10 years old TDU1....:eek::oook::clap::jealous:

But sry bro there is no option to ban someone in your session :(

The only thing what you can do is to isolate your session or press pause when you see the guy is crashing you.

Or you create a new profile with a other name.

Developer of such games was never thinking about ban options. The last good example is The Crew same problem there.:fp::cry:

Nah, he wasn't chasing me particularly. I was playing with a friend and we were joined into the same session and he was crashing into both of us. I actually stopped moving for some time and he lost interest and stopped, definitely wasn't about me particularly. Just wanted to know if there's an option to make the game not connect me to someone.

Thanks! :)

Is there people from the good old days still playing? Most of the time when I go online it says there is some players online but no one shows up on the map screen. Just wondering... Miss you guys lol

I'd play more often, but it just doesn't play right with my G27. Cars are very wobbly, and shifting is inconsistent. Might switch to my gamepad for this game, though.

I haven't tried in a while. Will try tonight. Hopefully it's not a Windows 10 thing, considering the rest of TDU works as expected.

Do you guys have the Logitech software running in the background? Mine's always closed (process isn't running at all). Has never had an issue in games that support it (such as The Crew and Project CARS).

I haven't tried in a while. Will try tonight. Hopefully it's not a Windows 10 thing, considering the rest of TDU works as expected.

Do you guys have the Logitech software running in the background? Mine's always closed (process isn't running at all). Has never had an issue in games that support it (such as The Crew and Project CARS).

IIRC it never worked right with TDU, had to close it or my pedals wouldn't work. So no, I usually wouldn't use it with TDU.

Good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXQ2ZZcTMpc

I really think that launching the Logitech Profiler before the game starts was the trick. I got the idea recently from Project CARS. Unless I start Logitech Profiler, for some reason, there's a 99.9% chance the game will stall at a black screen before launch. Every time I launch Logitech Profiler first, pCARS will open normally.

And yes, that's also under W10 x64 (10586.318).

Steering feels noticeably better than before, actually. Shifting is still weird, where it just doesn't always shift (using paddles) when I tell it to. Could be the way the car / game is, though.

Also, the online mod in general is something that I want to see stick around forever. If something happens to the server or its operator, is there a backup plan?

Shifting is somewhat weird as well with a fanatec gt3rs wheel. Paddles don't respond all the time. I should try without patch eventually to see whether related or not.

I just know the server is run by mod's author on a dedicated plan. He promised to release server program if the hosting can't be maintained. Afaik, a single machine is required to act as a registry. PCs running tdu connect directly via p2p, then.