We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Shifting is somewhat weird as well with a fanatec gt3rs wheel. Paddles don't respond all the time. I should try without patch eventually to see whether related or not.

I just know the server is run by mod's author on a dedicated plan. He promised to release server program if the hosting can't be maintained. Afaik, a single machine is required to act as a registry. PCs running tdu connect directly via p2p, then.

It doesn't always shift for me too. I don't recall this happening before the official servers shutdown, but maybe a bug with the new .dll's that conflicts with many controllers? I don't know if that 'miss-shifting' bug happens when playing on keyboard as well, but may be something to think of?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!! I'm Peter and really happy to have found this thread, a resurrection of good old TDU1!! The best driving game ever, in my experience!

I have already downloaded and use your version and it works fine offline.

I seem to have a very slow internet connection (mobile broadband ~5 Mbps) and whenever I select online play it crashes! Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Thank you for any response!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , sorry for that dumb question , but i am now playing TDU2 and i feel like i wanna get back in time and play TDU1 like the old times . Now my question is , is it worth installing and playing again tdu1 , based on the number of players online , has the server an enough number of players to enjoy playing with , or should i just remain at the tdu2 ?

Hi , sorry for that dumb question , but i am now playing TDU2 and i feel like i wanna get back in time and play TDU1 like the old times . Now my question is , is it worth installing and playing again tdu1 , based on the number of players online , has the server an enough number of players to enjoy playing with , or should i just remain at the tdu2 ?

I think there are enough people playing at any given time to enjoy TDU1 like the old days. You may be connected to just a few people at a time, but it's something.

• 2 weeks later...

TDU2 ist just a piece of garbage against TDU if you ask me. :D

I updated to Windows 10 a year ago, and the only reason why i downgraded to Windows 7 again was TDU, because it wouldnt start with Windows 10. Now because i wanted to try Apex, i installed Windows 10 again, and for some strange reason TDU is working now. Yay. :nuts:

For any person having problems with it:

I'm using it with an Iso made with Alcohol 120%. Not sure if this is always working. But thank god for me it does.

There are so many good racing games out there, but TDU ist just a special one, i still love playing it, and it gets me some really, really good memories back again with the Crash test Drive Dummys-Club (CTDD). :cool:

I updated to Windows 10 a year ago, and the only reason why i downgraded to Windows 7 again was TDU, because it wouldnt start with Windows 10. Now because i wanted to try Apex, i installed Windows 10 again, and for some strange reason TDU is working now. Yay. :nuts:

I'm using it with an Iso made with Alcohol 120%. Not sure if this is always working. But thank god for me it does.

I'm beginning to wonder if it works on updated (7/8-10) Windows but not a fresh install :hmmm:

Same thing here, migrated to W10 a week ago and still working flawlessly. I guess migrating keeps compatibility settings. There seems to be an issue with DPI font scaling, among other problems...

One thing for sure, using a NOCD to circumvent loss of support for Securom is not a good solution.

It also works via Alcohol 52%.

I'm beginning to wonder if it works on updated (7/8-10) Windows but not a fresh install :hmmm:

It does work on clean installs of Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First off thanks to Speeder and the TDU revamp team for being totally awesome.

I was online the night the servers got killed and despite many attempts to replace my TDU addiction, I failed.

I've been missing this and now you have given it back to me so thanks again.

To all my old cruising buddies, Duke, Pogo, Col - time to polish the caterhams lads...;)

Now my only gripe is the G27 fix is missing from the host at the end of the link on the first page, I will admit to skipping the last 40 pages of this thread as I got fed up with reading comments from other people who failed to read the first post properly.I have spent the last few nights reading the first 140 pages though...

Has the G27 fix been removed or am I just missing a trick here.

Now my only gripe is the G27 fix is missing from the host at the end of the link on the first page, I will admit to skipping the last 40 pages of this thread as I got fed up with reading comments from other people who failed to read the first post properly.I have spent the last few nights reading the first 140 pages though...

Here's a ZIP of mine with the G27 files in it: Yandex.Disk

Now, I don't remember if it's the dinput DLL or the d3d9 DLL that contained the G27 fix, so I included both.

First off thanks to Speeder and the TDU revamp team for being totally awesome.

I was online the night the servers got killed and despite many attempts to replace my TDU addiction, I failed.

I've been missing this and now you have given it back to me so thanks again.

To all my old cruising buddies, Duke, Pogo, Col - time to polish the caterhams lads...;)

Only problem is compatibility with Windows 10 otherwise I'd be there with you. Some sort of VR (Oculus/Vive) mod/hack would be pretty awesome for TDU1 too but that's probably difficult if no-one on the team has one to test with.

G27 fix is also available in 2.00a patch (unofficial). If you don't want to mod your game you just may take the dinput.dll from it.

;)

Cheers lads.

I'll have a play with that later. Mods... got a few already, even retained the winter mod on a separate executable... Had a drive last night and found about 35 people online, those I did bump into were all good connections so everything appears to be running better than when Atari hosted it - no surprises there then.

Hi Ryan, long time mate :)

Oddly enough I was showing one of your videos to one of the lads that works for me, seems he has the xbox version and was quite amazed to see what could be done on a PC :nods:

Hi guys. Great forum. My friend and i have a problem with Test Drive Unlimited Project Paradise (multiplayer mod). I have a original disc made into a iso file (because my CD/DVD drive is not working anymore). And my friend has original on disc too. Our problem is - We cant play the first race (I mean, rookie race, when you bought first house and car at the beginning of the game). Both of our copies freeze (camera rotating, we can go to menu but cant start the race). We can provide pictures of our copies with us, if its nessesery. Thanks guys, take care.

Hi guys. Great forum. My friend and i have a problem with Test Drive Unlimited Project Paradise (multiplayer mod). I have a original disc made into a iso file (because my CD/DVD drive is not working anymore). And my friend has original on disc too. Our problem is - We cant play the first race. Both of our copies freeze (camera rotating, we can go to menu but cant start the race). We can provide pictures of our copies with us, if its nessesery. Thanks guys, take care.

That happens when you're using a mis-applied no-DVD crack.

Hi from Pogo

I was cruising last weekend so i'm up for a drive to relive our old skool days whenever you're ready, Rebuilda. I know a few months ago Duke was asking me when we're going to get back online and I hate to let the guy down.

The only issue I had to fix was due to the changing/removing of applications that happens with the Windows 10 software updates because this had modified the model of wheel I use from a G25 to a generic blue wheel with only 2 pedals. This also explained why none of the keyboard / wheel mapping was active in the game options.

There are a few posts online about this issue and there are two ways to fix it. The first is to use an older version of the Logitech Profiler. The second way, which fixed it for me, was by using Logitech's own WheelDriverCleaner software to re-set it so that the Logitech Profiler software recognizes a G25 wheel. The G25 came back without the need to re-install it and all of the keyboard / wheel mapping came back in TDU.

If anyone else has this issue on Windows 10 then I hope this helps.

Forums

DVD crack? My disc from 2007 has had a crack in it near the centre since about 2012 and it still works. But every now and again it just spins and won't play the game so I'm just glad I can get it working.

HDR Weather / Day / Night mod. Can anyone suggest a decent version? I've got a few but they're all wrong on the colour schemes with too much pink during the day and too dark at night.

The only issue I had to fix was due to the changing/removing of applications that happens with the Windows 10 software updates because this had modified the model of wheel I use from a G25 to a generic blue wheel with only 2 pedals. This also explained why none of the keyboard / wheel mapping was active in the game options.

This will regularly happen to me and my G27. The quick and easy fix I found is at Forums. Takes less than 5 seconds to fix nowadays for me.