We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

how I can get a hold of the TDU megapack

1) activate Your brain and believe it is somewhere on the internet

2) use best search engine - google

I am using Shareaza, and you can find it in Shareaza when you search for "tdu megapack". It is also on the torrents.

3) scan the file using virustotal.com

4) use your key

I don't really know where to post this issue.. I have gotten TDU to run on Windows 7 when I had it but now I have a new computer on windows 10. and I am having an issue. I have looked all over the place but can not really find a straight answer.

Sooo. the problem is I can run TDU 1.66 on windows 10 with out a problem. but when I try to add something like the Project paradise mod or anything it instantly crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times, I have the latest .net installed, and "all" VC redist that I could find both x86 and x64 from 2005-2015 have direxct x installed. but no luck at all.. I get the pop up box for it. tried messing with the options in it. but what happens is it boots to the game. but within seconds. right when it generally pops up "test drive Unlimited" the screen never really lightens just crashes out with a error asks to run compatibility checker but does f#$k all about fixing it.

I looked in the Event view and these are the two codes I get when it crashes.

Error 1:

Faulting application name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe, version: 1.1.66.1, time stamp: 0x468e36be

Faulting module name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe, version: 1.1.66.1, time stamp: 0x468e36be

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x002ddd70

Faulting process id: 0x2210

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a58d8e9e01bd

Faulting application path: D:\Games\TDU\Test Drive Unlimited\TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Games\TDU\Test Drive Unlimited\TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Report Id: fd15e97e-f209-44b7-9400-9489a797b2a4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error 2:

Faulting application name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe, version: 1.1.66.1, time stamp: 0x468e36be

Faulting module name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe, version: 1.1.66.1, time stamp: 0x468e36be

Exception code: 0xc00001a5

Fault offset: 0x0027541c

Faulting process id: 0x2210

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a58d8e9e01bd

Faulting application path: D:\Games\TDU\Test Drive Unlimited\TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Games\TDU\Test Drive Unlimited\TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Report Id: d3058633-7f46-4597-9ea7-d7ada5a42c7c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Oh.. computer specs if needed...

Windows 10 14393

Asrock 970M Pro3 (MB)

32gb 1866 DDR3 Ram

AMD 8370 FX 4.3gh 8core cpu

Evga 2gb Nvidia 640gt (I know is old but am working on a new one)

Seagate 1tb HDD (where game is installed)

Seagate 500gb HDD (windows installed on 130gb partition on this drive)

there is many many ways to play TDU without DVD, after tried all the noDVD (with jumping cars bug sometimes = the car jump on the road herself !!), I choose to launch TDU with the logitechG25 executable after doing a profile for TDU, and it run normally it not need to launch with "project paradise exe" :nods:

I definitely don't want to let your hopes down, but from what I can recall, we reached a dead-end since we did not have enough material to work on multiplayer races/clubs. :(

I am also really busy with work and working on another hobby project as well (to put it short: a free open source moddable game dedicated to mmo racing games, might create a thread on the board when we reach a presentable state :D).

Hi,

I really love this project but I have a problem.

A few days ago I was playing with friend and we could see each other in game.

Now when I go to game I see other players on map but I can't see them when I drive with my car to that point. I tried to see my friend also didn't work.

Can someone help?

I forwarded my ports, I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I really love this project but I have a problem.

A few days ago I was playing with friend and we could see each other in game.

Now when I go to game I see other players on map but I can't see them when I drive with my car to that point. I tried to see my friend also didn't work.

Can someone help?

I forwarded my ports, I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Happens sometimes. TDU never had a good connection. And sometimes, if your friend is in a 8-player session, you won't be able to join him and TDU will put you in another session.

The makers of this mod should really share the source code of this, cause then some people like me or someone else could contribute to the code and make it whole and better than it was originaly back before 2011 when the officials were on, like seriously there's almost no point in playing online with this, loads of people just get disconnected out of a session randomly, plus the server is hosted on Verizon all the way in New York and doesn't look to be fast as it should be. Not a critique just a suggestion

The makers of this mod should really share the source code of this, cause then some people like me or someone else could contribute to the code and make it whole and better than it was originaly back before 2011 when the officials were on, like seriously there's almost no point in playing online with this, loads of people just get disconnected out of a session randomly, plus the server is hosted on OVH and doesn't look to be fast as it should be. Not a critique just a suggestion

It's basically how the original server was - random disconnects, etc.

I do realise that as i was playing it almost since it came out, like everyone's talking stuff like TDU2 is worse, no TDU2 has a way more stable server than TDU and that's a fact, but there's loads of ways this could work better, in coding terms and server terms ( specs, speed ), i'm sure there's tons of improvements that could be made in just a few hours to make it more playable, and let's be honest what's the point in playing online while you get either disconnected or cant even connect to the server, and when you're on it, No races, no clubs, no nothing, just plain cruising and instant challanges that get abused by speed hackers, and yes i am salty. :cheeky:

Clubs have been very useless in TDU, since ever. And online racing will be equally ruined by hackers. :lol:

I think it's better to organize cruises and events "outside" TDU, and find a way to make them work. But the major issue will always be, control the "hackers". I've been thinking about create time attack challanges in TDU Platinum, that would be posted in this website, with a different class/theme each time one closes. But how can we be sure the person did not edited the performance of the car?

And TDU is better because the game is better. TDU2 fails in the major aspect of a driving game, which is actually driving.