We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Hey drifterboyd.

I had the same problem with TDU and windows 10.

The problem seams to be the securom program, wich tests if you have an original copy of TDU.

For windows 10 it was the only copyprotection software compatible with for making old and XP games to work with it.

But as i've read, they decided to screw it, because it being too scammy in some ways, wich i must confirm.

So many times it claimed me not having the original disc inserted, and EVERY time i tried a second time, it worked normally.

So, what happened to me was, the windows 10 pro edition i have works fine with it, but when windows updates itself,

this compatibility is gone, and TDU doesn't work anymore.

So, just restore windows, using a restore point, that is done before the update, and TDU should run fine again.

I suggest winprivacy, a program, in where you can switch off the automatic update function, and other for gaming not needed things.

Or look into the normal settings and services in computer management, to turn them off inside there.

Windows 10 is the best windows i ever experienced yet, once i did the setup good.

Peace

--- Post Updated ---

TDU2 more stable server ? It was off and on once and everyday for at least half a year till 1 month ago or so. And in TDU now servers are even better than the original ones where. Ok there are way less players, and less functions, wich could be the reason. Did you setup your internet adapter to 100 mbps yet ? In windows 10 it's at action center at lower right, then network, network settings, change adapter options, ethernet, properties, configure, advanced, speed&duplex, there is 100 mbps half duplex, and 100 mbps full duplex. I just set full duplex. What this means ? I have to go and find out myself, as i don't know :-p . Maybe this helped.

sure there is a very good special image available on the web, it's a 271ko.RAR file who's the real TDU to unpack

[ATTACH]28812[/ATTACH]

so my TDU only run with NO BUGS Daemon tool lite 4.30.3, other versions crashes the game in my computer (car jumping, or securom crash, or game.exe crash)

and for the damned securom I use the (fantastic) YASU v 1.6.9040 who's running perfectly with TDU :nods:

:duck:

edit : for the ProjectParadise project, does the modders will want to sold it a day ? to do better servers or updates or to finish it ?

Yep, but the problem i was responding to, is related to windows 10, and why the guy could run TDU in windows 7, but not in windows 10.

I told him that it's probably the windows 10 build that's not compatible for securom anymore,

but there is a build of windows 10 that is compatible with securom.

My version is 1607 and os build 14393.693 .

Hehe, yes and those fancy furthermore programs you told about, i completely forget about, as i will not ad one single further one to this game, just for being able to play it. Before doing so i do another partition, with nice windows xp, and put it there, together with other nice programs i'm used to, and wich are better than their newest version for other operating systems. For example dds converter 2 , wich doesn't want to work with newer os, but for the new ones it hasn't got the key function anymore, wich is converting photoshop files directly into nearly all types of dds files, wich was a great way to add own alpha layers to whatever you want, meaning a copy of an original alpha worked too. Using an original file with its alpha, changing the texture would not work, as it is somehow protected. You had to adress a copy of the alpha to your new texture file, and then convert it. You know. I don't understand why you would fool securom. It's windows 10 that doesn't accept securom anymore, not securom not accepting the TDU disc. And about the ISO image file, yes i know that, but that is no mini disc file or such. Also 120 % alcohol is a very confusing name for a program. You don't think that should be said in addition for people to understand ? Ok, bye for now.

It's windows 10 that doesn't accept securom anymore

It's just so weird how some people have no problems on Windows 10 while others have nothing but trouble. It's always worked fine for me on W10 using the Alcohol 120% method -- just mount the ISO and run the game. Never had to modify any additional settings or adjust any SecuROM-specific things.

Yeah Tinnio have a XP partition is really a sweet idea ! I will do in a s7ven :nods: surely I still have the originals TDU disc/jacket and the Megapack

I'm remember there was many patches about the securom in TDU (and an official patch in the securom website), people could not run the original game wth the DVD, and with a fresh install I can run like 3-4 times normally with the DVD, and after that there is the securom problem and the game won't start definitivly... but with the YASU there are never problem anymore

plus... for people who can't connect to more than 1 personn, it's caused by your web-router, look at the readme in the TDU directory

[ATTACH]28835[/ATTACH]

it ask to open ports in the router, so do like this...

[ATTACH]28836[/ATTACH]

now all ports are open and you can connect to all normal/routeur people :nods:

garantee 100% :duck: