We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I am a new player of TDU multiplayer. It is so nice to have such a great mod and, r.i.p TDU2 multiplayer.

There is an issue that I have-I can run project paradise without fuel mod but when I engage it the game just freeze at the start up with no respond. I really want the fuel mod which makes the game more immersive. Is there a way to make it work?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for some reason whenever i open up tdu1 using project paradise the game either crashes in a black screen or crashes after 2 minutes,i have 1.66a and the dlc and a friend of mine got it working with the dlc so what is truly happening i dont even launch this through steam and i dont have any overlays running in the background wtf?

@roodsta i would close all other apps, check projectparadise checkboxes once launched the app if are set to default, or backup the TDU data and reinstall it. Replace car data files by original ones maybe. Google can find [URL="http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/29275-how-to-re-install-tdu1-fresh-on-a-pc"]tutorials[/URL] on how to do that. Maybe someone know better how to fix that.

• 1 month later...

Hello, anyone played TDU1 via Project Paradise Launcher on Linux? I see TDU1 may be played via Wine, but not tried it, nor PP launcher.

Update: i tried it, here is tutorial. I had to create .iso image out of the game DVD and then use Furius ISO mount app to mount it. Install latest wine-stagging and directx (sudo apt-get install winehq-staging, winetricks playonlinux libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc:i386;winetricks directx9)

Install worked, game too. Savegame is in /home/mylinuxusername/Documents/Test Drive Unlimited/

Edited by postcd
update

• 3 weeks later...

so after 3 months of trying to get this to fucking work you wanna know what happened just guess what it didnt it doesnt work at all i tried using tduucp(ultra community patch)while the game works offline whenever i try connecting the game just crashes for no reason what is going on i dont know i even tried closing every single app i had opened and it did work but it crashes after 5 minutes and you know im done with this shit,project paradise is fucking shit and im done trying to use this fucking shitfest of a mod and also one thing that i left out from original post is that i actually hadn't installed any mods no really i didn't install any single mod for tdu1 apart from project paradise itself.(gotta love the danging)

Hey @roodsta, I understand that you are feeling annoyed and frustrated at it not working for you with no obvious reasoning as to why, especially when you have tried to narrow down a possible cause, but that is no reason to use language that we do not permit. It is also unfair to label the project in the way you have, as is evidenced in here, it is working and has worked for others. You have to remember that TDU is a 10+ year old game and unfortunately headaches are going to be experienced by some in trying to make it work, that's just a fact. Hell, game's released today always have their fair share of people having problems, and it's just bad luck if you are one of them usually.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi TDU men, after a long period without playing, I wanted to come back to TDU1

I reinstalled the original TDU1 + original megapack + patch TestDriveUnlimited 1.66A + tdu no cd 1.66a + project paradise 003

But the game seems not run properly :

1/ Impossible to get a save regarding my profile after leaving the game.

2/ At every launch of the game, I have to oblige to begin the first mission... (I think this joins the point N°1... )

3/ Last point : when I start the game TDU server appears like down... is it true from begining of 2018 ? :-( if it's not the case, what the problem.... ?

I use Win7.

Someone has an idea about my problem ? Thanks in advance.

Hello guys! Greetings from the beautiful country called Brazil!

I have a question to make!

Where do i download the 1.68b patch?

'Cause just Lambo Llama said the link is off!

Can somebody reupload the patch so, not only me, but other people can download it too ok?

Hugs and a nice night for all!

• 1 month later...

After a long pause i started TDU (Project Paradise) on my Win 10 and it says "Hey, you need a newer OS like Win98, Win xp or VIsta", lol. I couldn't get it. After some days i started it again and it runs fine as it does before.

Recently i just realized that eden games is still in business with a mobile racing game.

The reason why Mutliplayer isn't working is, because theres no source code for that ? Has someone tried to mail Eden Games and to ask for the source code of TDU ? Not sure if anyone of them has it, because the developer split up to Ivory Tower (maybe email them?). Beside that i guess we know an possible answer to that, but i guess they don't care about a 10+ year old game for copyright reasons, no?

I'm not sure if it really makes sense to try to keep the Multiplayer-Races up again, but i was astonished that approx 100 people play on a regularly base. Thats really nice and shows how good the game was. I can tell you, i have so good and special memories about the game back in 2007/2008, i wish i could meet old peeps and racing Multiplayer again.

Side Note: Yesterday i started TDU2. I bought it on release day a couple of years ago, but man, the physics were pissing me off, so i never played it really. Now it seems a bit fun i'll look for some modding on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

@Sil3nc3r- !!!!

I wish they could make online races work. We could play again and hopefully get some people come back.

Hey Okar!

Nice to meet an old CTDD-Peep after all this years.

And yes would be freaking awesome to race again with you, ransah, FurryAppleseed, Leffe, Pistensau, Fasthammer, SlyRS, [HUN]Bronco etc etc etc.. Haha, but i'm afraid the netcode is against it.