We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

That could be a lot of things. See if you did all of these things.

1. Playing in an online profile. (When making it, you must mark check the GameSpy option, and then fill it with any email and any password)

2. Check if you have d3d9.dll inside TDU root folder

3. Check if Project Paradise is correctly installed.

4. Launch the game via Project Paradise Launcher.exe

5. Correctly point TDU.exe in PPL.exe (Project Paradise Launcher.exe)

6. Have some patience, because the first time takes a bit longer than normal.

If you do all these things, and it still not working, i have no idea what your issue might be.

yeah but when I try to make an online profile, put a random email and pass, I either get "the nick was used with another password" or "the password you entered is invalid"

yeah but when I try to make an online profile, put a random email and pass, I either get "the nick was used with another password" or "the password you entered is invalid"

I think you should not enter e-mail and password. only username (it has to be correct, matching folder name in savegame folder) and tick the GameSpy tickbox, that should be all.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Okar!

Nice to meet an old CTDD-Peep after all this years.

And yes would be freaking awesome to race again with you, ransah, FurryAppleseed, Leffe, Pistensau, Fasthammer, SlyRS, [HUN]Bronco etc etc etc.. Haha, but i'm afraid the netcode is against it.

I remember all those races. Never such an exciting feeling in any other racing game. There was a challenge and always room for improving the driving skills, all cars offered a different challenge. I think it depended on a controller a lot, bikes are especially suited for a driving wheel. I sometimes can come back online, but I miss those races.

I loved the TDU1 races too very much, though thanks to online play we can race too, only people have to deal on race start and finish location.

Unfortunately i can not connect server in TDU1 and TDU2 even it worked before for me. Maybe server admins banned my IP, i even reinstalled OS and tried various IPs. If anyone is expert in this or own the TDU1 PP server, please kindly PM me. I would be very grateful

Hi guys! Thanks to the creators for the server! I'm new here, so sorry, if not on the topic! There is a question about inadequate players in the TDU server ... On the server there are two inadequate players who prevent absolutely everyone !!! Their nicknames: "ebatel" and "sid999". Is it possible to ban them? Use some kind of cheat and ram good players! Thank!

Perhaps someone from the moderators will read and contact the creators of the TDU server!

When someone tries to ram you: watch them in your rear view, let them build speed, then pause just before they hit you. Bonus points if you send them off into the trees. :tup:

:tup:

Thanks, Iceman! But they do not allow to make a cruise around the island, when several players participate in the cruise! Provoked players to fray! When I'm alone - I just change the location on the island. But, when there are several of us and we do not interfere with anyone with our cruise, then this behavior of these two riffles is offensive!

There appears to be function to isolate your group from rammers:

Use auxiliary menu while in the car (the one where is chronopack, driving aid and Free-Ride Players). "Go to Free-Ride Players and invite everyone you want into the group. When they're all linked to the group, select ISOLATE."

TDU server admin (unsure who it is) may not want to spend time judging which abuse report is valid, which not. He is not paid for that, and admin is possibly not active in the project, just keep it alive, that is what i think. I think it helps not to show being offended and do not be unpolite to poor rammers, they will only spend more time wasting your drive.

I guess TDU1 has no ignorelist function or making group cruise private. TDU server admin (unsure who it is) may not want to spend time judging which abuse report is valid, which not. He is not paid for that, and admin is possibly not active in the project, just keep it alive, that is what i think. I think it helps not to show being offended and do not be unpolite to poor rammers, they will only spend more time wasting your drive.

Thank! I do so - I do not react! The problem is with my friends ... I also calculate the options. I just figure out the options ... In any case, I at least tried, and did not keep silent like everyone else ...

:tup:

Thanks, Iceman! But they do not allow to make a cruise around the island, when several players participate in the cruise!

I guess TDU1 has no ignorelist function or making group cruise private..

I see, the problem is driving with a group. Yes, there is an ignorelist option. You have to go into the auxiliary menus while in the car. The options are Radio, Chronopack, Driving Aid, and Free-Ride Players. Go to Free-Ride Players and invite everyone you want into the group. When they're all linked to the group, select ISOLATE.

I was part of a few groups like this and it seems to work. When ISOLATE is selected, the people who aren't in the group disappear after a few moments.

I see, the problem is driving with a group. Yes, there is an ignorelist option. You have to go into the auxiliary menus while in the car. The options are Radio, Chronopack, Driving Aid, and Free-Ride Players. Go to Free-Ride Players and invite everyone you want into the group. When they're all linked to the group, select ISOLATE.

I was part of a few groups like this and it seems to work. When ISOLATE is selected, the people who aren't in the group disappear after a few moments.

Thanks for the help, Iceman! I will try!:)

Hey everyone one.

Just installed this. It does boot up and I can play online and all, although I don't see anyone there (while the map says xx players online). Whenever I go into the map however and move around a bit, an error comes up 'there is a network error' or something like that. When clicking okay or go back, the game crashes. I'll try to make a ss of the issue.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

// Hapi

Formerly known as:

- RamteamJax

- JaxDryke

- iJax

- TheJax

- RMT-Jax

Someone knows if there is a way to represent the Multiplayer Challenges in any way ingame ? So, maybe there is a switch in project Paradise that you can see them, but not use them ? Other questions: where is the info saved about the multiplayer races and their layouts and names, in Client or on server ? Someone knows this ?

Edit: Ok, after reading nearly 110 Pages of this thread from the announcement, to the beta, and to the final version i learned that in Version 0.02 you had the Multiplayer Challenges switched on. You couldn't play them, but if i have read it right, you could drive them through testing.

It would be VERY nice if you could activate them again, as long as nothing technical is against it.

I'm thinking of building them in the editor, so that i can drive them alone. This game had so much really great MP-Tracks like Kelekole Pass (recently i learned that it isn't kelekole pass but kolekole..lol), Breaking Point, Pitfall Path, Great tantalus, Waimanalo...oh men and so much more).

I dream of a 0.0.4 Version of Project Paradise on which speeder surprises us with a working multiplayer racing part.

Edited by Sil3nc3r-

I asked long time ago to activate this races again. No respond.

Found some old videos

Real cool, old racing game. Nothing fancy, simple. Nowadays they produce crap worth nothing.

I looked on youtube how forza 4 looks like and how car behaves. I dont bother to even try. This still would be a killer if someone gave it a little love.

Nice Videos! I also have a couple of Videos on my hard disk which i uploaded to the old video platform myvideo (which doesn't exist anymore). There's also some nice multiplayer action, but some of them are in 240p, you can'r really watch them, others are in HD. Gives me everytime a nice smile on my face when i watch them.

Since i was bored the last week, i startet with a new profile from scratch. I did every singleplayer race again, have to make some delivery missions and some missions i've not found so far. Map Exploration ist at approx 60-70%. Man that was fun again. :D

I also searched through some pictures of some of the old multiplayer tracks (for the layout), to cecreate them in the editor, which works pretty well. When i explore the map, on some areas i always think "oh, nice..these was the area of this and this race", but i can't remember every race, nor i can remember exactly where it was.

I recreated pitfall path in editor and, man this is awesome. Also Palmgroove still gives a really awesome fluid driving.

Also i'm playing here and there with Mods, but, for me, that vanilla TDU is my thing. I tried ultra community pack, and i think its a really nice mod, but i had difficultys to find some of my old favorite cars like the Z06 Corvette Coupe (the stage 2 car). Also every ENB, SweetFX thing. At first they look good, but my favorite is the lighting with vanilla, which is really well made.

So on my new profile i have now cars with "not downloaded yet" skin, because i mixed it up with Community pack and vanilla, but thats ok. My Ford GT already has nearly 1000 Kilometres again. My Saleen approx 800. On my Main Account my Saleen has approx 28000.

But i'm not good as the past days. I'm not able to drive the isle tour under 38 Minutes. My record so far is 39:02,88. Unfortunately i can't see what i have driven in 2007/2008, since this is the only time stamp which is bugged in my stats. But if i remember correct we have driven 34xx Minutes times with saleen. I could be wrong though. I don't have clue how i can do this in 2018 ^^

Offtopic:

Forza Horizon 4 is a really nice game with awesome graphics. I played it a bit in multiplayer with an old mate from 2007 (SoulbladeGT, who was one of the best drivers in TDU back in 2007. But no one can compete with Leffe. He was insane ^^). Firstly, you need a bunch of patience to play Multiplayer in FH4, loading times for tracks and players are insane (i think this is because crossplay between pc and xbox). And secondly, that choice of tracks is pretty bad. In TDU you had a GREAT choice of dozens of really good tracks which were really fun to drive on, not so in FH4. Tracks are kinda all standard, theres no track like pitfall path or kelekole. Also the count of tracks is pretty small. But the physics in FH4 is imho very nice. Also you can't switch collision of in FH4, which brings some real problems with it. Lots of crash kiddies tehre who use rubberbanding al the way.

• 5 weeks later...

No idea if this is the right place to ask, I've been trying to get Project Paradise running on my new machine, however whenever I try to boot PP, the game crashes. The d3d9.dll seems to be the reason, since when I remove it, the normal game boots up. I been trying to look for answers everywhere, tried all kinds of things that I came across in forums but nothing has worked. I even ported the whole game from my old PC where everything worked fine to the new one, but it's that damn .dll that doesn't wanna work. Is it because of Windows 10, since I seen in a few places that Win10 apparently disables the .dll for no reason. Thanks in advance for answers!

-Boki

whenever I try to boot PP, the game crashes. The d3d9.dll seems to be the reason.

If you see the error regarding that dll google that and maybe try to uninstall your graphic card drivers from within device manager and then uninstall direct x (i think there is some official uninstaller if i am not wrong) then install "Snappy driver installer origin" application and reboot computer, root that snappy installer and update all drivers including graphics, reboot again. Maybe this is issue of direct x? Also another thing is to backup game, uninstall, install again using instructions on the firs tpage of this forum thread, plain without any hacks or upgrades. You can also check this Windows 10 TDU1 tutorial and consider installing Windows 7.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I back with TDU1 and might even restart on my Performance/Uber-Guide. I managed to make TDU1 run under Win10 using my MS Xbox One Gamepad. Anyways: is it possible to install ProjectParadise when you have the (old?) CommunityPatch 2.00a and the included graphics mods installed? Even with just the TDUCP and it's graphics tweaks installed, TDU1 is slightly instable - at least using Windows10 and a Geforce 1060 6Gb with recent drivers. I'm worried about butchering my installation.

Hello all, I back with TDU1 and might even restart on my Performance/Uber-Guide. I managed to make TDU1 run under Win10 using my MS Xbox One Gamepad. Anyways: is it possible to install ProjectParadise when you have the (old?) CommunityPatch 2.00a and the included graphics mods installed? Even with just the TDUCP and it's graphics tweaks installed, TDU1 is slightly instable - at least using Windows10 and a Geforce 1060 6Gb with recent drivers. I'm worried about butchering my installation.

What you can do is, simply zip the whole game folder and try whatever you want. If you break it, just delete the whole folder and unzip the archived version which works perfectly.