We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

2 minutes ago, Milli said:

So it is really not Platinum related. It's probably my computer, somehow. 

Thats weird. Are you typing in different emails and passwords? Using a different email for each profile, and retyping the pw on each attempt might do something.

When I was trying out different names, when I reticked the gamespy box, I got "The password you entered was invalid." , which was kind of strange because it wasn't abnormal or anything. Anyway, I kept manually retyping the pw on latter attempts and it went through.

35 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

Thats weird. Are you typing in different emails and passwords? Using a different email for each profile, and retyping the pw on each attempt might do something.

When I was trying out different names, when I reticked the gamespy box, I got "The password you entered was invalid." , which was kind of strange because it wasn't abnormal or anything. Anyway, I kept manually retyping the pw on latter attempts and it went through.

I don't get any errors, the game just freezes at connecting to TestDrive servers...

2 hours ago, Milli said:

I don't get any errors, the game just freezes at connecting to TestDrive servers...

Thats odd. If you can connect normally with your existing profile, then the only thing I can think of is the server blocking your ip from registering too many new accounts.. like some sort of spam filter. Maybe resetting and changing your ip might do something.

1 minute ago, TDU Iceman said:

Thats odd. If you can connect normally with your existing profile, then the only thing I can think of is the server blocking your ip from registering too many new accounts.. like some sort of spam filter. Maybe resetting and changing your ip might do something.

That might be a thing. Although, i gave up, i was losing my nerves about it, and it's not really a Platinum problem, i can't save the whole mankind.  😂😂

I will just start a new game in my "Milli" online account and keep the Dark one fully complete. 

i continue having problems to connect the online server since maybe November 6, 2017

i tried Windows 10 PC, i tried other PC with clean WIndows 10, disabled firewall i now tried Linux PC via wine. But i always see:

Failed to connect to the TEST DRIVE Server. Please check your network status and try again.

Maybe i am doing something wrong. I tried to delete my profile folder in savegame, but even new profile has this error. Can this be caused by wrong GameSpy credentials?

Edited by postcd

1 hour ago, MagicV8 said:

Are your ports TCP / UDP 8889, 1900, 9889 at your modem / firewall open?

@Magicv8 i tried to disable firewall, also checked the default firewall policy is accept not deny. So here i think OS firewall is not the problem. Regarding modem(router), i do not think it would block it, but i tried to add some rules: https://snag.gy/pa0Wy7.jpg (hopefully these are correct as i followed 2 tutorials on how to open port for my router) IP is my computer LAN IP.

upnp is enabled on router...

i am on Linux atm and it continue to show message mentioned in my previous comment.

Edited by postcd

1 hour ago, postcd said:

@Magicv8 i tried to disable firewall, also checked the default firewall policy is accept not deny. So here i think OS firewall is not the problem. Regarding modem(router), i do not think it would block it, but i tried to add some rules: https://snag.gy/pa0Wy7.jpg (hopefully these are correct as i followed 2 tutorials on how to open port for my router) IP is my computer LAN IP.

upnp is enabled on router...

i am on Linux atm and it continue to show message mentioned in my previous comment.

I guess it would be worth a shot to try adding lines with your external IP address as well. 

Also are you 100% sure that your computer is 192.168.2.4? Because most people have DHCP enabled, which just gives each new connected device the first available IP address. This would mean that if today you connect your 2 phones and tablet and then you turn on your PC - your PC would get the 4th IP address, however if tomorrow you have nothing connected and you boot your PC - you'd get the first IP address. 

You can check your local IP address by entering "ipconfig" in CMD. I don't know what the Linux alternative for that would be, you could google it though. 

If your computer has a different IP address currently, try opening the port for that IP address first. If it doesn't work, try external IP address as well. 

4 hours ago, kristiannn said:

are you 100% sure that your computer is 192.168.2.4? ... try external IP address as well. 

Maybe my public IP is shared not dedicated to my internet, so i can not open port for that IP, i tested if port is open using http://canyouseeme.org and i found no open port . When TDU1 online play was workling for me, i think i had different router and public IP, though same internet provider. I would bet that the TDU1 server does not require me to have open port. The server should just require some port is not blocked and i think i do not have it blocked. So i do not know what else to do to connect.

i am sure (On Linux, command to discover it is "ifconfig"), I tried to add public IP instead, but router software says IP is not valid, so i assume it supports only LAN IPs. I went ahead and connected the WAN cable from router directly to my PC and it also not helped, so the router is not the issue and i believe OS firewall neither (i stopped it: sudo ufw disable ; and "iptables -L" shows default policy is accept, not deny). I also tried to connect server via different IP (thanks to a VPN server), no luck either.

Edited by postcd

1 hour ago, postcd said:

Maybe my public IP is shared not dedicated to my internet, so i can not open port for that IP, i tested if port is open using http://canyouseeme.org and i found no open port . When TDU1 online play was workling for me, i think i had different router and public IP, though same internet provider. I would bet that the TDU1 server does not require me to have open port. The server should just require some port is not blocked and i think i do not have it blocked. So i do not know what else to do to connect.

i am sure (On Linux, command to discover it is "ifconfig"), I tried to add public IP instead, but router software says IP is not valid, so i assume it supports only LAN IPs. I went ahead and connected the WAN cable from router directly to my PC and it also not helped, so the router is not the issue and i believe OS firewall neither (i stopped it: sudo ufw disable ; and "iptables -L" shows default policy is accept, not deny). I also tried to connect server via different IP (thanks to a VPN server), no luck either.

Jesus. I really don't know what else to suggest. 

Maybe try the game on a friend's PC and go from there. If it works on their PC - see if it's their PC that's the difference or their internet. You could bring your PC to your friend's house (where TDU works) and see if it still works. You could at least narrow it down to your PC if it doesn't. But I'm really out of ideas, sorry. 😣 Hopefully someone more knowledgeable may help you. 

EDIT: Yeah, it makes sense to be the local Ip address which you need. I would still make sure you're opening the port for the correct IP address though. Also, don't count on that website to tell you if TDU is going to work, it says it's closed for me but I've never had issues connecting. 

Edited by kristiannn

Hey, I've been having some issues with Project Paradise too.

Lately I haven't played much of anything, but I heard of Platinum mod and decided to play some more TDU.
Problem is. Project Paradise crashes the game. Without it, the game launches fine. I've tried multiple things such as:
-every possible comp. mode onto the TDU shorcut you could think of.
-disabling any overlays that i would have ( I really have none)
-using different TDU copies (TDU, TDU Gold, even a pirated copy)
-using unmodded TDU with project paradise (still crashes right after I install Project Paradise)
Game simply crashes as it tries to load into a profile.

Here is the weird thing, the game worked once, only once. with platinum mod and project paradise, after 20 mins of playing, the game just BSOD on me, after that it doesn't get me into the game. 
I'm out of ideas. I've tried about everything.

7 hours ago, Zena said:

Hey, I've been having some issues with Project Paradise too.

Lately I haven't played much of anything, but I heard of Platinum mod and decided to play some more TDU.
Problem is. Project Paradise crashes the game. Without it, the game launches fine. I've tried multiple things such as:
-every possible comp. mode onto the TDU shorcut you could think of.
-disabling any overlays that i would have ( I really have none)
-using different TDU copies (TDU, TDU Gold, even a pirated copy)
-using unmodded TDU with project paradise (still crashes right after I install Project Paradise)
Game simply crashes as it tries to load into a profile.

Here is the weird thing, the game worked once, only once. with platinum mod and project paradise, after 20 mins of playing, the game just BSOD on me, after that it doesn't get me into the game. 
I'm out of ideas. I've tried about everything.

I got a similar problem. In fact my antivirus (Bitdefender) erase the d3d9.dll each time.

Could you check it?

7 hours ago, BeSweeet said:

What's the correct way of getting a G27 to work correctly? I put the DLL in the game's root directory and launched the game. When setting controls (pedals, for example), it acts as though I'm pressing multiple keys simultaneously although if I don't press all the way, it will work correctly.

In Logitech profiler, tick the option for "Combined pedals". It's really annoying, I know. However, TDU is a really old game and doesn't allow for both inputs at the same time. It's probably a lot worse if you try to use a controller, so that's your silver lining with the G27. 😁

1 hour ago, ///Λquarious said:

Hey guys,

I'm having some problem with a friend of mine. We can't see each other, we can see other players though so the online part works... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Just wait some time, meanwhile try to enter and leave a house. A friend and I needed lately about some minutes to see each other.
And stay near to him, perhaps at a point where are less people in general.