We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought a logitech G29, and there is no FFB in the game. I've installed the G27 fix, but still not working.

Tried with Logitech Gaming Software (the new one, the old one doesn't support the wheel), and the G-Hub as well. Can I make it work somehow?

Edit.: It's working after restart computer and disconnect/connect the wheel to usb again.

Another edit: After a win reinstall LGS works as well. 🙂 This new G-Hub is horrible. Unfortunately the RPM LEDs on the wheel are not working, I guess only G27 is supported. 🙂

Edited by fatal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've got the same problem as a couple of you guys with the "connecting to server" crash. Tried the redist fix and was just wondering if any others managed to fix it? @Milli did you come across a fix? 

It's not a deal breaker I'm happy in SP, it would just be nice to see some of you guys cruising around. It's always worked before no issues (about 12months ago) but I'm out of ideas now 😄

Cheers Guys 😄😄😄  

13 hours ago, Soldier96 said:

this mod crashes on my friend s pc on windows 10,its because of that d3d9.dll file,when its out of the folder,it works,but when its in,it has black screen for 3 seconds and then crashes to desktop,anybody can provide a fixed project paradise d3d9.dll for windows 10 so we can play online?

There is something wrong with your friend's hardware or software environment then. I play on windows 10 and never had issues.

Altough with platinum mod at the first start (after installation) it's crashes, but after that, everything is fine.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:14 PM, Ronelless said:

I tried to play this game with my xbox one controller and it wont work any suggestions 

I may be kinda late for this, but you need to map every key in the controller config.

It's been a while btw. I'm joining this, i miss a good TDU2 online session, so i'll use this to scratch the itch.

Amazing to even see it done.

EDIT: Got it working, i missed the feeling of just cruising leasurely, there's no open world racing game that does that anymore. Thank you @Milli for getting TDU back 🙂

EDIT2: Servers are out i think.

Edited by Hermano_Nintendo

On 1/26/2020 at 8:39 AM, Soldier96 said:

this mod crashes ... because of that d3d9.dll file

please check this thread. it seems relevant a bit

Regarding opening ports, i am wondering if ports does not need to be opened in case i plug home ethernet WAN cable from router directly to my PC. I tried that, but had no luck, like 60% cars are laggy/no sound, not chat. Here is another description about opening ports and other TDU advises.

Edited by postcd

Hello, i seem to be having trouble with the launcher.

I had a save game before, but when i went to play it, the Gamespy ID thing showed up and it reset my game 😞

so i made a new thing, i started a new game and played for a bit, but when i came back, the gamespy thing popped up again and reset my profile again.

I don't know if it's another i installed or what, because i don't know what to do, if anyone could help me out, i'd really appreciated it.

Thank you! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@Outcast For Life i think that the first post of this topic or the readme of the project paradise launcher has instruction how to go about gamespy. Make sure to keep backup of your profile (on Windows it is in Documents (all users or current user, i am not sure) from time to time (in case you are actively purchasing houses and cars or such).

• 3 weeks later...

I am having problem with gear shifting when Vsync tickbox is not ticked in Project Paradise launcher. I mean radomly the gear not change and i have to hit the key for shifting up/down the gear one more time on my keyboard - i am having manual gearbox enabled in Options/Controls. It happen quite often, like maybe every 8th gear change and not only in one car. Happen both in HC and normal mode.

When i launch TDU1 with Vsync enabled/ticked in PP (Project paradise launcher), then the gear shifting works fine. Note that i am using Platinum patch 1.12

What about you? What patch you are using and does it happen for you with/without Vsync? Vsync appears to significantly decrease my game FPS so i was wanting to keep it off but apparently i can not due to gear shifting issue.

@Speeder @Milli

Edited by postcd