We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

multiplayer doesnt work for me. Ive installed tdu platinium mod, and it already had a project platinium. Even if i installed this files and replaced with my pervouis files, mp is not working. Please can someone help me? My discord: twoj $tary#0787

8 hours ago, luxus said:

multiplayer doesnt work for me. Ive installed tdu platinium mod, and it already had a project platinium. Even if i installed this files and replaced with my pervouis files, mp is not working. Please can someone help me? My discord: twoj $tary#0787

well you need to have an online savegame for it. when you just continue the savegame you had previously, its quite obvious not an online savegame. so the easiest way is to create a new savegame

or you can edit your current save file with an hex editor, which I'm not sure is worth the hustle as its super complicated

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

well you need to have an online savegame for it. when you just continue the savegame you had previously, its quite obvious not an online savegame. so the easiest way is to create a new savegame

or you can edit your current save file with an hex editor, which I'm not sure is worth the hustle as its super complicated

so everything i have to do is launch the game by project paradise and create a new profile? will online launch automaticly?

5 hours ago, luxus said:

so everything i have to do is launch the game by project paradise and create a new profile? will online launch automaticly?

If it's not the issue, it's at least one issue. No matter if there is anything else preventing you from playing online, but eitherway it wouldnt work if your profile is set to offline. So it might be the fix, yes.

In an online savegame, the game is always online. By launch, yes.

@okar19

The only people who can bring the feature back are @Speeder or @lean but both guys are disappeared since a long time.

That's really sad because this multiplayer project had much more potential.

E.g.

- more people in the session

- Working online races again

- Friendlist working again

- i bet @BEight could put new gas stations in the world and Speeder/lean can make it work.

- and much more...

But i'm wondering all the time about one thing.... Who owns the server and who is the maintainer of it?

Someone must have interest to running and maintain the server.

That can only be someone who is interested to TDU.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:30 PM, postcd said:

hi, i just tried, with same car & tunning like you and i was able to complete it without problem. Note that i already completed it in the past.
my TDU is setup like this.

yeah already do it but it didnt work tho and there another event idk which one but it also crash when i want to start the race.(it happen after im install the tdu platinum before this i never had this problem(well when playing offline profile)and using the ultra community pack

Edited by Dragonskyline

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've reinstalled TDU after not playing for a long time, with patches and megapack. I installed Project Paradise along with it, but there's a problem.

When i try to play online, checking the mark for the Gamespy ID (i'm pretty sure its used to play with this mod still.)

The game gets stuck on "Connecting to TestDrive" am i doing someting wrong?

IT'S not crashing, no error message. The game just freezes somehow. I checked my antivirus, they did not detect anything that could affect the mod.

The Visual C++ are completely fine for me. Still freezes even after a reinstalling them. Singleplayer is working for me...

This didn't happen to me when i played on Windows 7 years ago.

EDIT: I had to delete the TDU windows firewall registry to pop up the windows defender's infamous "this program wants online permissions". Clicked allow again and it worked. (with private network checkmarked)

Edited by GRID

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, please which file store my settings regarding keys and actions it triggers (like up arrow to accelerate, down arrow to brake)?

I found that i quite like my keyboard setup and i also want to use gamepad and quickly switch between these 2 setups - possibly by just replacing/renaming some file in TDU folders? Thank you

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

That's not possible, it most likely is stored in the savegame file

I spent some time and i think it may be possible:

1. create desktop shortcut to this directory: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\YOURNICKNAME\playersave

2. copy commondt.sav to commondt - setup1.sav

3. launch game and modify your controller settings like accelerating, braking, steering keys/triggers. Save and quit game.

4. copy commondt.sav to commondt - setup2.sav

5. now you can backup these two files and when you want to use for example setup2, delete commondt.sav and copy "commondt.sav - setup2.sav" to "commondt.sav" and launch the game

I expect you can differentiate two profiles by just renaming whole savegame folder.