We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Thank you for setting up the server again. Hopefully there will be backups and it will not come down for good in the future.

Guys and gals, before you run the game again, note that i had an issue where my profile was invalidated and i had to restore backup, so prevent trouble:

IN PP launcher i disabled Offline, and then it shown issue with my online profile. I have not ticked GameSpy and that was problem, it invalidated my profile (was unable to get into profile configuration screen again) and i had to restore it from backup (C:\Users\User\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\MyUsername folder) and then tick the GameSpy ID to let me in. 👍

22 hours ago, postcd said:

Thank you for setting up the server again. Hopefully there will be backups and it will not come down for good in the future.

Guys and gals, before you run the game again, note that i had an issue where my profile was invalidated and i had to restore backup, so prevent trouble:

IN PP launcher i disabled Offline, and then it shown issue with my online profile. I have not ticked GameSpy and that was problem, it invalidated my profile (was unable to get into profile configuration screen again) and i had to restore it from backup (C:\Users\User\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\MyUsername folder) and then tick the GameSpy ID to let me in. 👍

So if i do not have manual backup of my save game before and i already entered the game... it means i my save will be permamently broken?

On 3/18/2021 at 6:39 PM, Debosy said:

So if i do not have manual backup of my save game before and i already entered the game... it means i my save will be permamently broken?

It looked like that, but i may be wrong. When i have NOT ticked the GameSpy, it caused that the game menu contained new entry for starting new game (Assuming no progress from beginning) and the menu entry to continue game was no longer available. So good to tick the GameSpy checkbox if prompted inside the game and backup C:\Users\YOURUSERAMEHERE\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\YOYURNICKNAME directory before you start using game. Actually good to link it to Desktop and backup it from time to time. Maybe good to backup whole savegame which contains also profilelist file.

Edited by vit-jan0
adding path

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, postcd said:

It looked like that, but i may be wrong. When i have NOT ticked the GameSpy, it caused that the game menu contained new entry for starting new game (Assuming no progress from beginning) and the menu entry to continue game was no longer available. So good to tick the GameSpy checkbox if prompted inside the game and backup mentioned directory before you start using game. Actually good to link it to Desktop and backup it from time to time. Maybe good to backup whole savegame which contains also profilelist file.

I'm surpised how much damage this tickbox can do. I also lost current progress and had to restore to an old backup. If anyone knows of a workaround please let me know..

• 2 weeks later...

So I just downloaded the mod and opened it, but I have a question. Is it supposed to take a long time to load on first time playing after starting a new game or did I do something wrong. I used the Project Paradise Launcher and checked the box I was instructed to click, but it still takes forever for the game to load.

• 2 weeks later...

Those who has crashing issue after installing project paradise, but the base game working:

Go to testdriveunlimited.exe properties -> select compatibility tab -> change settings for all users -> change high dpi settings -> check both "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings" and "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and set Scaling performed by "Application". This will solve the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Some feedback regarding game installation issues (game not launching, missing d3d) and how it was fixed:

After installing TDU1, applying 1.66A patch, game complains about SECUROM.
After applying n0-dvd patch exe, the game does not start (the small game window with black background appear for a second).
After i apply ProjectParadise d3d9.dll to the game direcory, and launch PP exe, it can not find d3dx9_43.dll
After i download and run DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) (directx_Jun2010_redist.exe) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 it extracted files and i run extracted DXSETUP.exe file, it install DX update.
Win.+R; dxdiag; continue to show that i am running DirectX 11.
THen i install graphics card drivers using SDIO (Snappy Driver Instraller Origin) and reboot.
Game started launching through paradise launcher. (maybe DX update not did it, maybe graphics drivers & reboot)
In order to use my existing TDU profile backup folder, i have not known where it belongs so i created new profile in game, not ticking GameSpy and quit game.
Now copied my profile backups - "MyGameNickname" folder and ProfileList.dat file to C:\Users\me\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\
and launch the game again.
Following all tutorials/readme's in Platinum and PP pack, installing graphics drivers and reboot, game is working

• 2 months later...

On 7/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, roodsta said:

multiple people in a session only 1 is properly connected

hopefully someone will better reply, maybe problem is that "you have not forwarded port 8889 on your router, or not enabled DMZ on router for your LAN PC. You need to search in your router device settings or your router name and port forwarding on search engines." There are also other port numbers, but i am not sure why so many and if others than one i have mentioned adds any benefits. Btw. if this does not help, it can help to connect via proxy - using VPN which allows port forwarding (not all support it).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i don't seem to have a GameSpy account nor can i make one now.What do then?Cracked game, with key, says can't connect and i see no other players.
Update: So you need to type whatever in the gamespy fields to be able to get connected apparently.Kinda works.Crashed from central Aston Martin shop

Edited by hahAA123

13 hours ago, hahAA123 said:

Well, i don't seem to have a GameSpy account nor can i make one now.What do then?Cracked game, with key, says can't connect and i see no other players.
Update: So you need to type whatever in the gamespy fields to be able to get connected apparently.Kinda works.Crashed from central Aston Martin shop

Game crash may not be related. I get that too in that area. Do you by any chance have Hawaiian Bliss installed? It seems like I've made a mistake and there's something loading in that area that makes the game crash, unfortunately. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello friends, i need help. I installed tdu gold, patch 2.00. The game started without any problems. When i started the game through tdu project paradise, for a few seconds the screen was black and the game fell/crash. Is there a flake solution to make the game work? Thank you for your response. I think there will be a problem with the d3d9.dll file. Is it possible to modify the d3d9.dll file in any program so that it works on the latest computers and notebooks processors with integrated graphics?

👌 Problem solved. This is how I proceeded and everything works. First I downloaded this directx DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) installed, restarted pc. I installed the original game, patch 1.66a, I used tdu registry fixer 1.2, megacarpack, crack testdriveunlimited.exe, patch 1.68b, I finally put tdu project paradise in the game folder and the game started without any problems. This procedure works for me offline! I haven't tried online mode.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I played platinum a few years ago for quite some time but I wanted to come back to it and I now have a strange problem I don't recall having before... No matter what tdu I load up (Project Paradise, Test Drive Unlimited, Test Drive Unlimited (Old)) even while running as administrator, It always loads up my offline profiles. I can't find my online profiles with all my progress... I do NOT want to restart unless I have too so any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:33 PM, Elijah said:

It always loads up my offline profiles

What it loads depends on what you have in C:\Users\YOURUSERAMEHERE\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\YOYURNICKNAME
In the savegame folder have to be also file ProfileList.dat . I think that this .dat file makes the profile list menu in game. So maybe you have to have backup of this file from old time when you had online profile working. Or maybe try to put online profile folder in said directory and rename the ProfileList.dat file (not likely to work). If you don't have working profile, you will create new in game (per the instructions in Project paradise pack i think). And then you can use money hack to quickly improve your game experience being able to buy cars and homes.

Edited by vit-jan0

13 hours ago, vit-jan0 said:

What it loads depends on what you have in C:\Users\YOURUSERAMEHERE\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\YOYURNICKNAME
In the savegame folder have to be also file ProfileList.dat . I think that this .dat file makes the profile list menu in game. So maybe you have to have backup of this file from old time when you had online profile working. Or maybe try to put online profile folder in said directory and rename the ProfileList.dat file (not likely to work). If you don't have working profile, you will create new in game (per the instructions in Project paradise pack i think). And then you can use money hack to quickly improve your game experience being able to buy cars and homes.

Appreciate the response. Basically the best option I'm getting from this is to make an entirely new profile and use the money hack. That'll probably work just fine for me tbh since it's been so long.  

• 2 weeks later...