We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Forza Motorsport series is good at many things but one of the best things about it is the fact it comes out roughly every 2 years. Now the previous iteration of Forza Motorsport 4 came out in October 2011 meaning that if Father Dan 'The Beard' Greenawalt and his team stick to this release schedule then it stands to reason that Forza 5 will in fact come out before the end of this year ..that's 2013 just in case you've been under a rock all this time.

We know that this years E3 is going to be a good one, not just because of the likelihood of the next generation of Xbox and PlayStation probably being shown but also with the new games that are due out too. However if you've followed previous run-ups to the release of a Forza title you know that the announcement can be anywhere from a year, to as little as 6 months or even less. So if Xbox 720 is shown at E3 then could that mean that FM5 will in fact be a launch title for the console which let's face it would be a giant feather in it's shiny exterior cap (if it has a shiny exterior of course).

.....or to throw a spanner in the works; could FM5 come to the Xbox 360 and a brand new re-birth of the Project Gotham Racing series in PGR5 be the launch title racing game to start the next Xbox's time off? Aha there's a question for you as think about it. Hasn't a PGR title been released at the launch of a new Microsoft console each time? I think so. :cheeky: And to add to this, PGR was Xbox, PGR3 was Xbox 360 so the next odd numbered PGR release that could release at launch of a new console would be ....oh wow, it's PGR5!

Would't surprise me if FM5 is out this year, and I'll let the normal attitude for a Forza game happen with me...go on about how the handling has to be better and not all oversteery, want a car to be in and it ends up in, play the demo and say it feels much better, get the game and play it for a while, realise that offline is pointless and make my cash offline. Stop playing it due to it, see a car I like in DLC then play for about a week.

Safe to say that if its a next-gen game then i'll not be getting it.

Unless... the handling is much improved and it has the MG Metro 1300 Turbo! :lol:

Meh. Unless it has more cars (and genuinely more cars, not just slight reskins of race cars), Porsche included, handling not inspired by a 6year-old who watched Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, and some serious proof that DLC will be worth the Season Pass price, I'm not going to even think about it. FH and GTA 5 have my attention now.

Meh. Unless it has more cars (and genuinely more cars, not just slight reskins of race cars), Porsche included, handling not inspired by a 6year-old who watched Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, and some serious proof that DLC will be worth the Season Pass price, I'm not going to even think about it. FH and GTA 5 have my attention now.

It'll obviously have more cars. That's going to include race cars, they aren't going to change their "winning formula" - Porsche will most likely not be included, it's just obvious, because EA have the rights. The physics of FM4 were rather good, much better than FH. And the DLC will be just as half-arsed as ever and massively overpriced.

I feel that FM5 will be next-gen and will be released in October. And it's clear that I'll probably buy it, along with a new console. I've not put any time into FH really, because it's just not that fun. I still get on FM4 and actually race, because that's what I'm interested in, because it's what I'm good at.

I'll always be a fan of the franchise.. and I'll always keep up with tech, because old tech goes out of sync very quickly these days it seems. I think it'd be a bad decision to release FM5 at the death of the 360, unless Microsoft doesn't plan on releasing the 720 until late 2014, which is a complete possibility.

I doubt it will have more cars, if anything I don't know if it possibly can as for the next-gen a lot has to be done even though you would imagine a large amount of the required groundwork in taking the models to the next game would already be done or has been planned for after FM4. It's still a lot to do for 400+ cars after all.

I'm sure it'll be out on a new console, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I spent way to much money on this series and have hardly got any lasting enjoyment in return. If not already, I won't be far away from playing ETS2 more than my total time in FM3, FM4, and FH combined. The game just feels too stale/clinical. Feels more like a museum than a racing game. I don't want to see a single track from FM4 in FM5 (besides Nordschliefe, well not the inaccurate Forza version of it). Plus Project CARS will be releasing around then as well and I'll be harassing you all to buy it :p

I really hope FM5 won't be released on the current xbox. It just won't be any different from 3 and 4 which were as identical as identical twins can get. (both great games though imo!) To call the 3 and 4 was really stretching the boundaries of truth.

I don't want more cars in 5, as long as it is a quality selection. I really care about more tracks with more variations of each- not just reverse, a small loop and then a sunset version.... A few tracks had some amazing variations that were completely missed in FM4 and 3. Tag game s would be amazing if you could use the whole track and not just a pre-designated loop of it.

Of course weather and night time would be great. I loved the '24hr' races in Grid!

Sort out the DLC too. I'm a sucker for new content, but there's only so far my stupidity will go. FH has reached my limit with that.

I really don't think FM5 will be on the current platform, I was just throwing a little swerve into the topic with the whole PGR thing, however it does raise the question of will there still be a PGR for the launch of the new console as has been typical in the past?

Honestly, I think PGR is a dead franchise. There's been talk for 3 years that Turn 10 (PG Games now) might make the next one. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a new PGR, but I feel like it's going to be gone forever now. Or until EA develops a really crappy one in 5 years, trying to revive a franchise and ruining it. They're rather good at that.

As a simcade game I enjoyed PGR 4 more than FM3 & 4 though. Handling felt quite nice, predictable but still challenging.
I wouldn't say it was that predictable especially on tracks like the Nordschleife which was pure hell to try and drive around on that game. The cars would always try and jump into a barrier when you steered.