We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fixing the Xbox 360 Open Tray error

Eudemon

Hi guys, you won't know but shortly after the November 2012 Live update my Xbox started saying "nope.avi" to some games and other discs such as DVD's and such that were put in it. After phoning Microsoft about it they basically said it needs a repair and to give us money. Now the console is a launch brick Pro version (sounds like some Chav series) and it was repaired for RROD back in 2007 so I figured I got nothing to lose so why not see if I can fix it myself and if not then I can look into other options such as buying a replacement off ebay. So off I went searching Google and of course Youtube and after trying many variations of the 'tapping' fix, I started checking out actual getting into the inners of the system and tracked down 3 videos that were really helpful and should help you too if you want to try and do a DIY job on your console.

Note this may or may not work for you but for me, where my disc drive was not reading certain discs (the drive itself was opening and closing just to be clear) this has so far seemed to remedy the situation. How long it will last, if it will last I'll be sure to let you know by updating this thread but for now it's a damn sight better than it was.

The 3 videos to watch are listed in the description of the video above. Good luck!