We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Season 19 Discussion Thread

iLLGT3

"Do you own a GT-R?"

"Yes."

"Do you enjoy drive it?"

"No... "

I lol'd.

"Do you enjoy looking at it" is the more immediate question :susp:

Fantastic episode anyways, that Shelby was awesome, never thought I'd say that about an American car. And the guest was pretty hot nice too, with a fantastic taste in cars! :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you enjoy looking at it" is the more immediate question :susp:

Fantastic episode anyways, that Shelby was awesome, never thought I'd say that about an American car. And the guest was pretty hot nice too, with a fantastic taste in cars! :D

I would :D I've always liked the GT-R and it's been a dream car for me but after this episode I'm not so sure. :hmmm:

And agreed, +rep for Amy MacDonald there :D

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, probably my Favourite of the series as I didn't find myself bored once.

Good natured humour and some entertaining car-related fun, not sure I can find anything to complain about!

Not a fan of lewis as a SIARPC though. And I wish they'd have put that mexican car (cant remember how it's spelled) around the track too, wonder why they didn't?

I found it a bit dull. They need to find something new, they just repeat the same old stuff again and again.

- Let's make fun of Mexicans

- Let's make a test of a rubbish car

- Let's do some car rugby/soccer whatever

Did laugh on the horse/cow jokes though. They were a bit predictable but still.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, probably my Favourite of the series as I didn't find myself bored once.

Good natured humour and some entertaining car-related fun, not sure I can find anything to complain about!

Not a fan of lewis as a SIARPC though. And I wish they'd have put that mexican car (cant remember how it's spelled) around the track too, wonder why they didn't?

Probably because the car was on the other side of the world. The same thing happened with the Nissan GTR remember

Good episode. I kept waiting for Jeremy to say 'but...' when reviewing the Astra, amazed they pulled it off. Is that the same as the Opel Astra OPC which is coming down under?

For the hot hatches. I wouldn't take any of them.

Would not take the Focus as i don't really like the looks of it, especially the rear. And it has to many doors.

Would not take the Renault as the sound is awful and the steering wheel is slightly offcenter, which is truly annoying.

Would not take the Vauxhall as i don't like the rear end. The spoiler is ugly, as are the exhausts.

For the hot hatches. I wouldn't take any of them.

Would not take the Focus as i don't really like the looks of it, especially the rear. And it has to many doors.

Would not take the Renault as the sound is awful and the steering wheel is slightly offcenter, which is truly annoying.

Would not take the Vauxhall as i don't like the rear end. The spoiler is ugly, as are the exhausts.

Oh I agree. The Focus in any trim is fugly as hell, the Vauxhall... well it's always going to be a Vauxhall. No matter what, I think the interior is terrible (claustrophobic and.. well... cheap). The Renault.. isn't exactly pretty but it's better looking! I wouldn't take any if I had the choice.

Probably because the car was on the other side of the world. The same thing happened with the Nissan GTR remember

Good episode. I kept waiting for Jeremy to say 'but...' when reviewing the Astra, amazed they pulled it off. Is that the same as the Opel Astra OPC which is coming down under?

He was stood next to a red mastretta in the studio, it might have arrived a bit too late to put it around the track but there was one there :)

The hypocrisy is hilarious when it comes to people saying things like 'I wouldn't mind a hyundai/kia now, they're not as bad looking and much better quality vehicles than they used to be' - I'd say it's exactly the same for Vauxhall, why shouldn't they be awarded the exact same statement?

I quite enjoyed it. James' segment was a bit meh for me since I'd already seen that truck/tech in one of Richard's programs a few months ago.

I was expecting part of the African journey tonight and the rest next week when I heard it was a "two-parter". Will be interesting to see how they go with 2 whole hours/parts for it though (especially since they've been there already). Hopefully the cliff-hanger is too big :)

@Tim I assume you've visited the 'most distracting audience member' thread on the finalgear.com forums

@Tim I assume you've visited the 'most distracting audience member' thread on the finalgear.com forums

I will do now!

There was one guy stood behind James during the 'news' who look properly confused and perplexed... constipated too. I was watching him more than anything, lol :p

Lol, why do you bother to watch it then? :rolleyes:

I find it painful when my wife watches Eastenders, so I just leave the room.

I laughed quite a few times at the granny segment.

Well impressed by the blingrover too.

Good guest.

only thing that disappointed me was the lack of pretty girls in the audience.

:)

Because I'm a long time fan of the show, and when it's good, I enjoy it. Don't complain to me for not enjoying scripted (and badly at that) rubbish. James' part was great as always.

About James' segment in the most recent episode...

As someone who has driven a 2013 Range Rover off road (a couple months before it was released, I should add), I'm very surprised it won (although I suspect that had more to do with Top Gear and Range Rover sharing a home country than that vehicle's offroad capabilities). You have to go very slowly over rocky ground like that, and although the thing can basically drive itself over those patches, it only does so at under 10 mph. A hugely impressive vehicle, though.

-Leadfoot