We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

When did Top Gear start going downhill?

Ryzza5

When did Top Gear start going downhill?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When did Top Gear start going downhill?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • Season 8
    • Season 9
    • Season 10
    • Season 11
    • Season 12
    • Season 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18
    • Season 19
    • They haven't

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah, it's still a good show and I don't think it's gone downhill at all, but I did like it better when the funny stuff happened naturally. Now it's too obviously all scripted.

Well, Top Gear has always been scripted. It's just that the humour has become more prevalent within that scripting as of late. Bits like the Clarkson P45 are naturally going to be massively scripted, it just makes sense to me. And speaking of scripting, even with the humour becoming blatantly obvious, I'd say their writers are much better than they were in season 6 or 10; it's tough to explain but despite the problems that people have with the show, I find it flows much better now than it ever has before.

Top Gear hasn't gone downhill, it's changed. And those are two different things. Simply because something changes, doesn't mean it's worse. (Obviously we're all entitled to opinions around here and that's the great thing about humanity, RIGHT??)

Considering I haven't seen it in around 2 -3 years, and started not watching it every Sunday about 2 years before that...dunno what season it would be! Only say this Sundays one as my roomate watches it.

Reasons?

I matured in my interest. I like reading about cars, not seeing it getting drifted shouting 'POWER'. EVO magazine do this really well, and its not all reviews as often having different features(Bently Mulsanne to Bonneville Salt Flats, 1000 mile drive of the BRZ & then comparing them to 3 rivals to name 2 resent ones...as well as there epic 'Car of the Year'). Also the writing style is more mature which I like, descriptive as well as engaging like a good book!

Also when the challenges became too set up & the wreaking of cars for no reason what so ever! Another reason is the viewers take TG's word for everything, even if its wrong. And the track is't exactly good for testing cars, as it's mostly for speed.

It's a real shame as JC, May & Hammond are really good host's/presenters. All 3 have done great documentary's that arnt silly or over the top. Personally they should have TG as a real car show thats along the lines of the older ones, and have a sort of Spin off show thats all the random stuff they do. Sadly due to viewers thats not going to happen...

No need to turn this into a religious debate. You know people can't handle how much I smell :(

:evil:

--- Post Updated ---

Considering I haven't seen it in around 2 -3 years, and started not watching it every Sunday about 2 years before that...dunno what season it would be! Only say this Sundays one as my roomate watches it.

Reasons?

I matured in my interest. I like reading about cars, not seeing it getting drifted shouting 'POWER'. EVO magazine do this really well, and its not all reviews as often having different features(Bently Mulsanne to Bonneville Salt Flats, 1000 mile drive of the BRZ & then comparing them to 3 rivals to name 2 resent ones...as well as there epic 'Car of the Year'). Also the writing style is more mature which I like, descriptive as well as engaging like a good book!

Also when the challenges became too set up & the wreaking of cars for no reason what so ever! Another reason is the viewers take TG's word for everything, even if its wrong. And the track is't exactly good for testing cars, as it's mostly for speed.

It's a real shame as JC, May & Hammond are really good host's/presenters. All 3 have done great documentary's that arnt silly or over the top. Personally they should have TG as a real car show thats along the lines of the older ones, and have a sort of Spin off show thats all the random stuff they do. Sadly due to viewers thats not going to happen...

THIS.

You're telling me the TGTT is about speed. Really.

It wasn't designed to be a great balance of speed and handling, a good benchmark for what a car can do..

Not saying it's mostly for it, but its not exactly challenging and alot of it is speed bar the corners, and there not exactly challenging corners. I find it a boring track.

My personal choice here keep in mind.