We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Guest MrLolololXD

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an agreement between Japanese car manufacturers to restrict their cars to 280 HP. They did this to prevent HP wars, though 280 HP was just a lie. It's a known secret that cars like the Skyline GT-R and other powerful machines had more than it was claimed. But the 180 KPH limit still remains if I remember correctly. It has something to do with bosozoku gangs and number of fatal accidents.

Guest MrLolololXD

Yeah it's electronically limited to 180kmh as stated above. An ECU reflash will remove it, or, HKS make a little device called the SLD which is just a plug and play thing which also removes it.

Dash looks great but.... the wheel centers look hollow :D You need to put something in there!

Thanks :D I have the wheel centre caps, but I haven't put them back on yet. They're made of a plastic which supposedly breaks quite easily, so I was waiting until I didn't need to pull the wheels on or off for some time before putting them back on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Well that trolling attempt didn't go as well as we had hoped.

Lol, so long time no update.

Too much for me to bother typing out, but no doubt most of you would've seen some stuff I've posted in the chatbox and other threads. I'll quickly touch on a few things.

Had some troubles with my engine early this year which ruined a long-planned road trip up to Bathurst, car nearly went selfo-destructo.

Spent about 11 hours or so over one weekend finally going over it and giving the whole thing a thorough clean/wash, only to get caught out the next day in the rain while on a cruise.

Had it dynoed at 163.2rwhp, which is about spot on to where a stock NA Supra should be. Set myself a goal of about 210rwhp

12006618164_0b12d56888_b.jpg

016 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Purchased a few more shiny things and some things to start me on my path to power.

12134496084_0e5051ec69_b.jpg

014 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

12134375483_74128e7d08_b.jpg

009 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

12134785386_d475c84ab1_b.jpg

010 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

12134528144_d7369b7122_b.jpg

018 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Already bought some Titan Motorsports cam gears (^), an Apexi SAFC Neo and an AEM wideband to keep an eye on things. Purchased some other things to refurbish my gearbox, which will be getting rebuilt soon, all new seals, solid shifter bushings etc. Will be rebuilding my brake calipers and painting them while the transmission's getting done. And a new clutch + flywheel is on the table soon as my old clutch is starting to show signs that it's had enough after 96,500kms and my excessive double clutching and clutch abusing tendencies.

Am also researching what I think will be the best exhaust options for my goals and getting quotes on a custom system. Dressing up my engine bay a little bit and just generally replacing anything that needs replacing/looks old.

I think I've finally decided on a general direction in where I want to head with it, but it'll still never be finished. :p Got a lot of things planned that I want to get done before the end of this year, so I better get cracking, it's almost February already :eek:

Obviously I was involved in the trolling... Harley thought it was such a great idea until I reminded him that he wouldn't be able to visit the forums for a few days for it to work :fp:

Can't believe someone said the wheels were wrong yet no-one noticed the number plate was a different colour.

• 1 month later...
Had it dynoed at 163.2rwhp, which is about spot on to where a stock NA Supra should be. Set myself a goal of about 210rwhp

Seems to be quite a bit of power loss in there tho. I've seen dynoed GT86'es that has had similar 160 bhp marks too i think, and they are only 200 bhp to begin with.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.