We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ryzza's GT5 Aussie Racing League videos

Ryzza5

I'm involved with a weekly Gran Turismo 5 league that has official championship races on Tuesday nights. In this thread you'll be able to find live recordings of each race.

The league name is OzCoMoBros, which stands for Australian Company of Motorsport brothers. The league host, Velly (or Velster) is an Engineer and Test Driver at Ford in Geelong.

The league structure is as follows:

Pre-league - nominate car suggestions (one make or multiple, which cars, vote on a shortlist), same for track selections, and propose other ideas. One or two weeks of test races with the chosen cars at random tracks.

Race night (Tuesday): 8:30pm - join the room for hot laps/practice. 9:00pm - a 3 lap shakedown practice race (helps to get rid of Turn 1 kitters). 9:10pm - 10 minutes of qualifying - fastest lap time starts first. 9:20pm - 3x ~20 minute races for points or 1x 60+ minute endurance race with pit stops.

All aids are disabled except for ABS x1. All tuning is prohibited. There are two tiers - Tier 1 run harder tyres for the elite drivers, Tier 2 for the decent drivers, and Tier 3 for those who can't drive. I'm in Tier 2, which on average gives me about 2 seconds per lap compared to when I drive on Tier 1 tyres. On the other hand, I am the only person who drives in cockpit view, which balances things out a little.

Feel free to mock provide constructive feedback and point out a few things I may have not noticed in the heat of the battle. I openly acknowledge I'm not the worlds best racer [insert gasp here] and currently the races occur when it's hot in here and it's after work so I'm often a bit tired which leads to lazy racing.

I'll start posting videos in the next post and keep all links here + a season standings grid as provided by the host.

Season 8

Round 1 - Grand Valley East

Round 2 - Deep Forest

Round 3 - Cape Ring Inside

Round 4 - LeMans Endurance Event

Round 5 - Rome Reverse

Round 6 - Daytona Road Course

Round 7 - Motegi Twin Rings

Round 8 - Eifel Custom Track

Round 9 - Madrid Endurance Event

Round 10 - Indianapolis Road Course

After 9 rounds:

Driver Standings:

10829851084_6568cb1920_o.jpg

Team Standings

10829485296_ed9f2cd5ab_o.jpg

Only the top two placing drivers for each team score points for their team

------------------

Season 6

Round 1 - Deep Forest Reverse

Round 2 - Trial Mountain

Round 3 - Grand Valley Short Reverse

Round 4 - Eiger Short Reverse

Round 5 - Suzuka GP Wet (1/2 Points)

Round 6 - Clubman Stage Route 5

Round 7 - Autumn Ring Mini

Didn't attend

Round 8 - Nürburgring GP/D

Round 9 - Cape Ring Inside

Round 10 - Twin Rings Motegi - Short Course

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS - SEASON 6

R10.PNG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1 - Deep Forest Reverse

(Caution - language (chat))

(Caution - language (chat))

(There are 3 races per round so there are 3 videos per post - live with it) :evil:

First race was rubbish frankly. saltan thinks I took him out - I think he left the inside open then cut me off after I committed to passing. Maybe he's right (although it was someone else behind me that full-on took him out). Since safety car was called I let him have the spot back to avoid any harsher penalties post-race. I wasn't really in the groove yet and my best lap time was about 1.5 seconds off some of the others. Then I got taken out later on and after that my brakes or tyres were useless and I stuffed up twice afterwards (plus I was annoyed and not concentrating).

Next race I took off the headset that was annoying me (hence why you can hear chat) so I could concentrate. I can hold my own with one car next to me sometimes but to be in a pack that close is a bit too much for me to keep track of just for now - hopefully I'm better at it near the end of the season. Since the cars are so slow (slower than my Golf in fact), I often found that I would try to pass, then have to brake to avoid hitting them, then was so slow coming out of the corner that I'd actually lose a position. Was hoping to overtake velster and pick off the others but that didn't happen. Decent result considering the skill of the top-runners.

3rd race was better albeit with the same result of 5th. By the end I was more comfortable and getting the hang of driving defensive lines to prevent asuka finishing ahead of me.

Round 2 - Trial Mountain

The host made the muppet mistake of having reverse grid following our no-points qualifying round, so my good qualifying result was voided and I started at the back. I probably would've finished mid-pack but was disconnect for some unknown reason :evil:

The racing after that was good and close. I made a few small errors as the tyres wore out but nothing too shabby. It's fair to say there's no longer any point worrying about the championship but will just enjoy the close racing each week.

After the official complaints and penalties for last week were finally dealt with the leaderboard has finally been updated, and things are looking up for me now. I'm only 6 points away from the podium :p

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Round 4 - Eiger Short Reverse

Wasn't anywhere near as nice from a clean driving standpoint compared to last week. Only one spot on the track that was suitable for clean passing, and the reverse grid meant I kept getting stuck behind faster cars with incompetent drivers (pontiac_rock mainly) who held me up in the twisties.

I think the problem is, most people in your race try to fight every position at every lap. I mean, they have 14 laps, and what will really matter if you are fighting for 9th at the 3rd lap? :lol:

And a bit of common sense, since that track is really narrow.

Edit: Also, your Civic felt slower than it was in Grand Valley...

Edit 2: I hate that blue Focus driver. :lol: