We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2013 Season!

CarMadMike

Hello :hiya:

Thought I'd create a new thread for the 2013 season as it's not too far away now and the preseason testing etc has begun.

Here's a great link for you to check out the new 2013 cars in comparison to the 2012 cars, it helped me spot changes I hadn't necessarily noticed before now: Formula 1 Photo Gallery | Sky Sports

We should make some predictions beforehand and look at them at the end of the season to see who deserves an award for clairvoyance :nods:

• Will Mclaren's pit stop woes continue to haunt them, will they have as many DNFs as last year?
  • Will Kimi smile?
  • Which team will be the first team to be condemned for having something new that no one else thought of?

Feel free to answer and add some more predictions :D

• 1 month later...

Well,2013 season just started...I hope it will be interesting as much as previous one...

First race,Australian Grand Prix-Albert Park:

after dominant weekend by Red Bull,pole position by Seb Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen won at the end...

I am little dissapointed for that, honestly, but at the same time happy because of Kimmi success,he deserved to win some races last year but now it came back to him!

I hope Seb will win next race,so looking forward to Malaysian Grand Prix next weekend...:D

I was hoping the rain would mix things up a bit more but overall not a bad weekend, interesting to see whose car is looking good from green light.

Well done to Raikkonen, was nice not to see Vettel on the top step of the podium.

Hopefully McLaren can put some magic rabbit out of a hat because if not, I seriously will go insane if Whitmarsh isn't sacked, they've had 2 awesome drivers for ages now who have been constantly let down by an awful team behind them, they had a very quick car last year and the year before.

Thankfully Lewis has bitten the bullet and left, I wish Button would go to Lotus, would be interesting to see Lotus fielding a team of Raikkonen and Button.

Lol @ Alonzo.

:eek: @ Vettel. I'm not sure if the team were trying to avoid an accident or just wanted webber to win, but even so without that team vettel would NOT have any trophies and has definitely shown his real colours today. He was the faster driver and team orders are crap, but to disobey a team that is responsible for getting you to where you are in life is not on.

Good to see hammy on the podium, however even he admits that rosberg should have been, which is very sporting - complete contrast to vettel.

Well you can compare him to Rosberg he was faster than Hamilton by a considerable Amount but was told not to overtake and didn't, vettel on the other hand thought nothing of the team orders and acted like a child which could of potentially hit webber In the process of overtaking him, arrogance at its best.

Alonso on the other hand was a tool for not going into the pits, I mean loss of positions or crashing out of a race with no chance of getting back into the points :fp2:

Alonso was told to stay out and keep driving by the team. Just to justify the decision -- Despite the wing hanging by a thread and constantly being in contact with the tarmac, he still had better grip in the corners than the Red Bulls he was racing for position (or at least the one of them). Though, he was totally free to go and get it changed nonetheless. Either way, he doesn't seem to be grinding his teeth about it, guess he's just glad he got out of the massive Mexican soap that today's race has been.

without that team vettel would NOT have any trophies

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch what you were saying over the sound of Monza 2008. I don't know which one you're even having a go at, Vettel or the rest of the grid.

But it sure as hell was a lalalala move on his behalf, and I'm glad someone like Webber is there to tell it like it is. He's got nothing to lose, he knows full well RBR are going to guard their little backstabbing badger's back, they wouldn't want anything to backfire on him, right. [/butthurtedness]

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch what you were saying over the sound of Monza 2008. I don't know which one you're even having a go at, Vettel or the rest of the grid.

I was referring to the championship trophies, I was fully aware of that.

I've only ever wanted someone other than vettel to win because it's boring when he does, now it's because I think he's a monumental idiot.

Guest MrLolololXD

Regarding Red Bull...

Didn't Webber do the exact same thing to Vettel a couple of years ago...? Although they crashed and took each other out

Regarding Red Bull...

Didn't Webber do the exact same thing to Vettel a couple of years ago...? Although they crashed and took each other out

Nope, that was Vettel overtaking Webber again. Only that time Vettel turned into Webber and they both crashed.

[TABLE=class: raceCalender]

[TR=class: row]

[TD=class: raceNumber]Second Race,Malayian Grand Prix

well,it past few days after the race but the feeling is the same:not so good race for my taste,very controversial..it looks like Ferrari days few years ago...I mean c'mon...Red Bull drivers had to keep their positions by team orders, Webber saving tyres and engine,Vettel want to pass him but team don't let him....even funnier was conversation between Mercedes team and Nico Rosberg....Let them race each other,that is why we watch this sport!!!

[/TD]

[TD=class: raceLocation][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]