We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

test drive unlimited gearbox problem

viktisltu

Hi guys.I have one problem that is really annoying.It is with gearbox when i try to shift gears sometimes i need to press three or more times is really getting on my nerves :( .especially on corners.I tried every patches ,tried reinstaling the game nothing helped.so maybe you guys know the fix for this problem.

I am using Windows 7 64bit

i don't notice any difference when i hold the paddle down :(.

So there isn't any fix for this?

and one thing i remember when i was playing this game on windows 7 bit 32 i didin't had this problem.So i guess this problem is from windows. Maybe any patch for windows 7 64bit is needed?

so any help?

• 1 year later...

I created an account on this forum so that I could let you guys know how I managed to overcome this issue! I tried many different options, such as switching controllers, rebinding keys, enabling and disabling the clutch, and many, many more. Finally I decided that I would force V-sync through the Nvidia control panel, since I have had issues in other games where input was not detected due to the framerate being too high or skipping frames, and voila! Now when I drive sequential-shift cars, the shifts are always spot-on. I play with a Fanatec CSR wheel and use the H-shifter, but TDU intuitively switches to sequential shift for cars that realistically have this functionality. Unfortunately, that's where I ran into trouble since the H-shifter cars had no problems. I love this game and refused to give up on this until I could figure it out, and finally I think I've got it. If anyone else is having this problem, try turning on V-sync and see if that alleviates your problem! Good luck!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 3/8/2014 at 2:17 AM, captainblasto said:

I created an account on this forum so that I could let you guys know how I managed to overcome this issue! I tried many different options, such as switching controllers, rebinding keys, enabling and disabling the clutch, and many, many more. Finally I decided that I would force V-sync through the Nvidia control panel, since I have had issues in other games where input was not detected due to the framerate being too high or skipping frames, and voila! Now when I drive sequential-shift cars, the shifts are always spot-on. I play with a Fanatec CSR wheel and use the H-shifter, but TDU intuitively switches to sequential shift for cars that realistically have this functionality. Unfortunately, that's where I ran into trouble since the H-shifter cars had no problems. I love this game and refused to give up on this until I could figure it out, and finally I think I've got it. If anyone else is having this problem, try turning on V-sync and see if that alleviates your problem! Good luck!

THANK you!!!

• 2 years later...