We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it possible? (A question for modders)

Huggy94

I really doubt it is, at least for the time being. Just editing the map itself would be difficult but I think it was Speeder who posted images of him having edited some of the map, so I guess that part is possible. However, making the house fully functional would require massive amounts of coding and I'm not sure when that is going to be possible, if ever. I don't even think there was ever any such mods for TDU1 and you would think that would be easier seeing as it is a much older game.

I really doubt it is, at least for the time being. Just editing the map itself would be difficult but I think it was Speeder who posted images of him having edited some of the map, so I guess that part is possible. However, making the house fully functional would require massive amounts of coding and I'm not sure when that is going to be possible, if ever. I don't even think there was ever any such mods for TDU1 and you would think that would be easier seeing as it is a much older game.

It would probably have to be a massive team effort no doubt but it is a great idea right? A massive 12+ garage would be most interesting though.... surely a big garage on its own is possible (as an "add-on" for existing houses to save modders creating a new house).

THEORETICLY it should the same as with TDU1. Theoreticly you can create a new house, and import it in the game. Also the garage, interior etc. I have never tried it, so I can not tell you if it will work. It's probably like car modding - the file size got to be not as much larger as the basic one. Also all objects should be properly in the file. What will happen by following this rules and importing it in the game (I think) : The position of the cars, where they are standing and the camera options for this, will stay the same as in the house you replaced the new one with. For example, if you are replacing an appartment with an mansion, it will still have just 4 (or 3? how many are there in TDU2?) slots (even if the garage is of the size of a football field)

Like said, I have never tried it and I don't think I will ever do. But I sure know, all the "not visible parts" of the object (same as physics of cars) are somewhere in another file. Maybe in one of the weird files in the BNK of the house, but also maybe in the database, or even in the TestDriveUnlimited.exe. The last one is impossible to edit, for modders like me (correct me if I'm wrong).

Long story, short sense - you will need A LOT skills to do this. It is possible. Somehow. I mean, Atari also managed to do this, too. The question is which tools you will need.

Greetings

A modder with a little bit know-how.

THEORETICLY it should the same as with TDU1. Theoreticly you can create a new house, and import it in the game. Also the garage, interior etc. I have never tried it, so I can not tell you if it will work. It's probably like car modding - the file size got to be not as much larger as the basic one. Also all objects should be properly in the file. What will happen by following this rules and importing it in the game (I think) : The position of the cars, where they are standing and the camera options for this, will stay the same as in the house you replaced the new one with. For example, if you are replacing an appartment with an mansion, it will still have just 4 (or 3? how many are there in TDU2?) slots (even if the garage is of the size of a football field)

Like said, I have never tried it and I don't think I will ever do. But I sure know, all the "not visible parts" of the object (same as physics of cars) are somewhere in another file. Maybe in one of the weird files in the BNK of the house, but also maybe in the database, or even in the TestDriveUnlimited.exe. The last one is impossible to edit, for modders like me (correct me if I'm wrong).

Long story, short sense - you will need A LOT skills to do this. It is possible. Somehow. I mean, Atari also managed to do this, too. The question is which tools you will need.

Greetings

A modder with a little bit know-how.

Hey Zoqqer,

I would be very impressed if someone achieved a mansion mod with a huge garage or just a big garage on its own (for an existing house) and you bring up some great points that makes it all sound possible. There must be someone out there willing to have a go and try this. Maybe StarGT and the Russian modders on TDU2.com.au could do this... I've always loved their mods... or Reventon09 and the Italian modders.... collaboration maybe? :P