We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cockpit Immersion [ Duns_Inc ]

Duns_Inc

Cockpit Immersion (or whatever).

Overhaul of physics/atmospheric/misc/ambient shared sounds.

A lengthy essay was originally planned, but I got overwhelmed trying to write it out. :duck:

That, and I just spent 2 months testing and adjusting and re-adjusting this thing.

I just want to get it off my hands now - hear what you all think.

I consider it "released" because, like I said ...2 months. :hiya:

That being said, I'm ready and willing to tailor to peoples request. Like a cruise-pack or different brakes or Turbos or Trannyswines.

No 2 BNKs are the same volume, in fact, volumes are all over the place. Most community Mods tending towards ..really really loud. :D

I can't assume that we all have the same layout of sounds either. Although seeing as we're all "here", I recon there's a fair chance that, the best of the community's work has found a nesting place in most setups and that there's hardly a vanilla engine left.

So I'm hopeful that your experience will be, at least close, to my laborious testing.

I tried hard to make it work without catastrophic side-effects and designed it around a mid to semi-high volume engine,

not a 24dB past clipping Ferrari :lol:. Although I do like those. (the sounds, not those sissy-little-snob-vessels) :duck: (F40 and Testarossa excluded).

Wow, it's half an essay already.

So, basically It's an overhaul of all/most shared sounds with an emphasis on racing in driver's-seat POV.

Ideally this is for HomeCinema Surround setups but quality headphones might do surprisingly well provided they can do very low frequencies.

Don't know about desktop speakers though, if they can relay that enclosed cockpit sense.

You can still enjoy the more detailed, hand-crafted and timed sounds and events of course.

Try it out in a medium (or differing) volume car(s) on "Return to Sender" track, it offers good opportunity to stomp on the brakes, slide, skid and hit all sorts of crap.

Or just drive around like a maniac, as usual. :cheeky:

If you cruise alot please let me know if certain sounds/events demand a cruise-fix-addon.

Give it a thorough testing for a day or two

before commenting that this or that sound is too high/low/intrusive/non-happening and you hate it like the plague :stinks: .....2 months

First one to yell preview gets 2 complimentary bottles of laxative.

Cheers

Daniel

Download Link 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5av5ux

Instructions.

1. Make sure you're not running low on Mocca

2. Get a magic map

3. Backup/rename crap

4. Extract/overwrite crap with new crap

5. Frantically click icons at random

6. Go get mom.