We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[Official] Assassins Creed IV Black Flag - Pirates

Eudemon

Assassins Creed will no doubt make a return after the sales success and reception of the third iteration and it appears that the next one may very well be set in a Pirate setting. Anyone who played the last game knows that the ship action was a fun part of it and perhaps was a tester to see if the mechanic could work or was liked to prepare people for the next one if these rumours are true.

1361901153_2468_1.jpg

original.jpg

Is the next Assassin's Creed all about pirates? A tipster just sent over marketing materials for something called Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Ubisoft hasn't announced anything about the next Assassin's Creed just yet, other than the fact that it will star a new character and a new setting, and it will be out next fiscal year.

According to our tipster, this poster will be on store walls on Monday, March 4.

The poster shows a white-hooded assassin—presumably the protagonist of Assassin's Creed IV—on a pirate ship, surrounded by gruff-looking buccaneers. There's a black pirate flag in the background.

Thanks. Kotaku

A trailer has leaked for this game, all in CGI from what can be gathered around. What's interesting is that there is a release date shown of October 29th and this game is for Next-gen "Consoles" too. Whether that date applies to those too is raising a few eyebrows.

A trailer has leaked for this game, all in CGI from what can be gathered around. What's interesting is that there is a release date shown of October 29th and this game is for Next-gen "Consoles" too. Whether that date applies to those too is raising a few eyebrows.

It said "October 29th" and "Coming also to Next-Gen Consoles".

I'm certain they'll release it for PS3/360/Wii-U and then release as a launch title for the PS4/Unnamed Xbox when they go on sale in November.

I completed AC1 and played AC2 for a bit, AC2 was definitely better out of the two but I just didn't have the time or attention to properly focus on the story so I didn't complete it. Never played Brotherhood, Revelations or 3 but I've heard that AC3 is the best so far :hmmm:

• 4 weeks later...