We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

LaFerrari

Icy J

:hmmm: At first I was quite disappointed, now I'm actually starting to like it.

But I don't think Ferrari should let children choose their names anymore:

At first there was the FF (Just wtf...)

Then they brought the F12berlinetta (Maybe a malfunctioning space bar?)

And now there's the LaFerrari (A bit smug, isn't it :rolleyes:)

:ew:

There's another Ferrari that Clarkson can add to the ugly list

If there's one thing I do like about Ferrari though, it's that they seem to make different cars (this, the Berlinetta, FF, 458, Scuderia, California, Scaglietti, F430, etc) a lot more often than Pagani (they only rejigged the Zonda 20 times), and Lamborghini (Gallardo (+ variants), Aventador, Veveno) seems to take a decade to release something new.

I still think it looks like the aftermath of a drink fueled orgie involving a Ferrari 458, Enzo & a Pagani Huayra.

Also the Name, 'La'? Reminds me of when people say "Oh i can talk French...LeCar, LaFood, LeTree, LaFreeari..."

And it has that weird current style all Ferrari's have to make them look the same family, and I hate it! The F430 & the 599 diddent have any common features between them nor the 360 & 550/575, wheres all the current range have the same headlight style.

And havent looked at the tech sheet but going by what reports were...no manual, some hybrid-KERS thingy. Enough to put me off it without the name or style.

Just what I think of it. :p

I wonder if it would look better with different wheels as I get a Carrera GT and 360 Modena feel from the current ones. The profile is quite common and the back reminds me just of the P4/5. There's nothing that really makes me go wow at this new Special Series Ferrari.

The only other 'La' car I know was the LaNińa from Need For Speed 3 (which obviously wasn't real)

Not 'La', but there was the 'LeCar', what the Renault 5 was called when sold in the US Via AMC dealers. was restyled a bit to be up to US federal law for crash safety & such.

ad_renault19781.jpg?w=547

Not related, but though i'd share it since it's got 'Le' in the name, which is near enough to 'La' :cheeky:

I like the car, but no the name. I mean "La" is the female for "the" in spanish (eg. The girl = La chica). At least here, in Argentina where Ferraris are not so common many refer to a Ferrari as "The Ferrari" for example: Have you seen the Ferrari there) = Viste 'LA' Ferrari? (Most of people don't know the model either...) So... it doesn't sound French at all for me though is still weird... LA Ferrari, THE Ferrari? Time will tell.

Regards!

PS: hope you've learned some spanish :P

I do agree that F70 would be a better name.

About the design... i wouldn't say they got lazy, as the car has many curves and shapes, it is not something bland to look at, but, i would say they lacked inspiration. It was like:

" Hey, let's make a new Ferrari, it has to be MENTAL, but how? No idea how, just draw some lines there. "

I mean, Enzo for example, it had an inspiration, which was an F1 car... i think this lack of inspiration is happening with Lamborghini as well, because that Veneno one is just a GT by Citröen LM (GT5 Version) wannabe in an Aventador shape. :lol: