We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Return of the TDUC Racing League!

If you took part in our first racing league, you know how this works, but I'll refresh your memory and introduce our rules to any newbies that want to join in on the fun!

So officially, welcome back and hello long-awaited Season 3 of the TDUC Racing League!

Rules:

1. The goal is to build an S-660 race car. You can buy any car and tune it up to that limit (no SUV's, etc.). The race each week will be roughly around 20-30 minutes. Racing tires must be on your car as well as a full racing roll cage, Forza Aero is also mandatory, no other aero may be put on your car. The car MUST be RWD. Swapping cars mid-season will result in a point deduction!

2. We will do 1 race a weekend, races will take place at 11PM GMT. This means: 10AM (Sunday Morning) for Melbourne/Sydney, 1 AM (For Santtu), 7PM EST and 4 PM PST. If you don't live in any of these timezones, go find a timezone calculator.

3. Tuning is allowed, and more than welcomed. You will have to tune to stay competitive in this competition!

4. Points will be awarded according to finishing position, and how many people join up. An example is below.

If 10 people race, the winner will recieve 10 points, 2nd will recieve 9, 3rd - 8, and so on - until the person in last has 1 point.

5. Your car needs a custom livery! These are race cars! You can purchase one off the Storefront if you're lazy, but designing your own is even more fun!

6. Everyone is required to make 1 pitstop. When you make the stop is up to you, this can be hard to enforce but in previous seasons everyone has adhered to the rules. (You cannot pit on the very last lap) ((We had a huge, huge problem of people speeding full force into the pits and flying past their pit boxes in the old league, you must NOT miss your stall, if you do, you WILL HAVE TO PIT AGAIN - failure to comply will result in loss of points.))

7. Rough racing/cheating (such as intentional wrecking or spinning) will result in points removal, and banning from races.

8. We will do a 2 lap qualifying run before the race, so we can set the field.

So those are the rules! Sign up today, make sure you tell me what number you want for your car so nobody STEALS it from you and I hope you all come out and have fun with us, just like we used to! Last day for sign-up is March 20th.

Clarence - Skylark Gaming (#3) - 2 points

Still One Eyed Deer - SuperSanttu94 (#94) - 1 point

MrLololololololololXD - MrLolololXD (#21) - 0

Prophecy92 - Pr0ph3cy92 (#17) - 0

randomsox10 - randomsox10 (#10) - 0

pyrre - pyrre6 (#13) - 0

Season Schedule:

Infineon Long (3/23/13) - 18 laps (Clarence)

Catalunya GP (3/29/13) - 14 laps

Road America (4/6/13) - 10 laps

Suzuka (4/13/13) - 12 laps

Le Mans (4/20/13) - 5 laps

Hockenheimring (4/27/13) - 15 laps

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's been added, aside from Ryan, who didn't give a straight answer - but he never does. :)

Says the guy who's asking people to sign up for an event with no time scheduled :p

Between my GT5 league on Tuesday nights and keeping somewhat up to date with all these pre-release PC sims on Saturday + iGP Manager on Sunday I doubt I could squeeze in any more gaming time even if I was at home and not sleeping.

Have you considered getting an Elgato to record and upload the races like I'm doing?

Pr0, let's just say that I'm getting really similar laptimes, I'm still struggling to find good balance between over- and understeer though :/

Ryan, I'd do it if I had money for one, I'm in need of a capture card anyways.

Also, if anyone wants to join but is too lazy getting and tuning a car, contact me, I have loads of good cars that I tested :nods:

Guest MrLolololXD

Is there a rule to limit what cars we use? For example, they must be mass produced, maybe a build count of over 5000? To exclude super fast road cars like Ferrari's, Merc. SLS and certain Porsches etc. I think it would make it more fun that way.

Given the car i'm using, I think its understandable that i'm having those 2 in EXTREMES. Getting there though, lol.

edit: that'll require a decent amount of research, IDK if anyone would be bothered looking into that for every car that they want to use lol.

Guest MrLolololXD

Just low build number prestige cars, there doesn't have to be an exact number. Most everyone here should have a rough idea of what cars that would exclude anyway

The rules are, you can buy any car from F-100 to S-660 and tune it to S-660. Trust me, bringing an already fast car doesn't equal a win - that much was very obvious from last season. Besides, half the fun in this series is to tune a lower car up to something higher. But I won't disallow someone to bring a Ferrari 430 if they want. They'll just lose to my car instead. :p

EDIT: The times and dates have been announced, check OP.

Also, qualifying has been added.

ALSO - here's my whip:

8537317037_9e24415a1b_c.jpg

I think I got a 1:53 with the car that Santtu kindly provided :susp:

Nice racing there too, Pr0ph3cy

I You will have to tune to stay competitive in this competition!

Looks like I'm not going to be competitive if I come. :( Next few weeks I won't be available. Come April I should be ok if it's the same time as today.