We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Saints Row 4

Paladin Skylark

Loooks interesting. But with GTA V and Watch Dogs coming out, I think I'll be picking this up when it's about $30-40.

Also, SRTT left me with a bad impression of where the series is going. It looks like the same city too?

You're the first person who's ever told me they didn't like SRTT. Saints Row is miles away from where GTA is and it's a great place for them to be - nothing is like Saint's Row, which is what makes it such an amazing series. You can only have the SR experience IN SR. Too many GTA spawns are trying to copy the magic that Rockstar produce, where as THQ just went nuts on SR.

You're the first person who's ever told me they didn't like SRTT. Saints Row is miles away from where GTA is and it's a great place for them to be - nothing is like Saint's Row, which is what makes it such an amazing series. You can only have the SR experience IN SR. Too many GTA spawns are trying to copy the magic that Rockstar produce, where as THQ just went nuts on SR.

Well I wouldn't say I didn't like the concept of the game and the stuff included, but the execution was terrible. Glitches everywhere and a story that made almost no sense. The game just didn't feel finished to me. Also, the DLC was terrible.

I still enjoyed the game, I just wish THQ would have taken more time to complete the game and bring it up to par on quality. I played SR2 after The Third and I was amazed at how good it was compared to The Third.

But to the point, I really want to try SR:IV but the fact that it is just an expanded DLC really shows in the trailer. (Still on the same map)

Well I wouldn't say I didn't like the concept of the game and the stuff included, but the execution was terrible. Glitches everywhere and a story that made almost no sense. The game just didn't feel finished to me. Also, the DLC was terrible.

I still enjoyed the game, I just wish THQ would have taken more time to complete the game and bring it up to par on quality. I played SR2 after The Third and I was amazed at how good it was compared to The Third.

But to the point, I really want to try SR:IV but the fact that it is just an expanded DLC really shows in the trailer. (Still on the same map)

And yet SR2 was the exact same map and you enjoyed it.

I think returning to the same location isn't a sign of laziness at all. SR and SR2 were in the same city, yet both were great for completely different reasons. I think the quality of gameplay determines everything, not the details. GTA went back to Liberty City and it was a genius idea, sure the map was different, as was the one between SR and SR2. THQ didn't need to change something like that to make the game a success.

TL;DR (for most of my posts): I think that even though SR is super arcadey, it's super fun and it's the kind of game that lets you relax, have a good time and get some great gameplay out of an open world city. There's nothing else out there like it and as far as reviews and sales go, the games are getting more and more popular with the public.

I agree that the games are fun. I'm just in the mindset that Deep Silver should set the price at $50 or make sure the quality is improved enough to charge the full price. I had a lot of fun with my friend online as well, but there were just numerous issues that could get on my nerves that were pretty obvious.

As far as the same map, TDU2 still had Oahu and I enjoyed that, but even then they still overhauled the graphics and added a new island to it. But if people can still enjoy, that's all that really matters. I'll probably get it before GTA comes out because I know I certainly won't be playing it for awhile after that comes out.

• 1 month later...

I liked Saint's Row 2, SRTT seemed a bit OTT for my likings, and some of the bits were tonned down.

Also the story just diddent seem good to me, all the gangs were actually the same one, and alot of the missions were just mini games. It was funny and such but lost the 'gangland' idea the second one had.

Best part of 3 was "Burt **** Reynolds" :lol:

Don't think i'll bother with this one, looks way way OTT for Saints row.

Also this was original DLC for SRTT, but they decided to turn it into the 4th game.

• 3 months later...

The 'Wad Wad' pack(aka, im rich hahaha) is only available at UK Retailer Game. They list the price as $1,000,000, so thats actually £647,291GBP. :lol:

Re guarding the game, Story wise SR2 is better than 3's in my eyes. Loved the who Gangsta feel of two but 3 felt a bit lacking in parts for some reason. Replayed 2 & then 3 so think I'll get 4 as well. (also because I wont be paying for the game, but that's a different story)

Guest MrLolololXD

Never played 1 or 2 because I thought they just looked like GTA ripoffs. Bought the 3rd one on Steam a while back when it came up for sale, I WAS UPSET I DIDN'T BUY IT SOONER.

It's super epic, more fun than GTA I reckon. GTA is more of a serious game, compared to SR3 anyway.

Can't wait for 4, but I am really really disappointed at the Australian government for banning it, even under the R18+ rating category. They're having to make a special 'low violence' edition for the Australian market, which isn't compatible with other versions. AKA, I can't play online with someone in a different country. Hoping the old 'gift-the-international-version' on Steam trick like with L4D2 works though. Only problem then is I can't play with any of my friends here unless they do the same :hd: None of my friends are massively into pc gaming anyway though, so that doesn't bother me.