We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anyone actually have a Wii U?

Eudemon

Looking around on the web and checking out general discussion and such from popular gaming sites and communities it's clear that the Wii U is off to a slow start and whether it can recover from this will remain to be seen. Though I wouldn't be booking my ticket to dance on it's grave quite yet as don't forget the 3DS had the same beginning and is now 30million+ units strong worldwide! Got me wondering though, do any of you guys have one? If so what do you think of it and is the controller really innovative like the Wii's motion controller was regarded before?

If you don't have one, are you waiting for a hefty price cut or a special title to come before splashing the cash? It's evident from this section that Nintendo isn't that popular among you :duck:'ers so let's see if we can change that and get you to show yourselves! :D

tumblr_megzo0BLK21rkwjqdo1_400.gif

Seem's to be the general view of it at the moment.

Don't know of anyone I know personally or from online with one, or intent on getting. Including die-hard Nintendo fans. Part because everyone think's the pad's gimmicky, or the price is too high. Or just waiting for PS4/Gen-3 Xbox.

Shame as a few things look neat and the pad could make some things slightly easier in games(NFS:MW, changing car parts while racing for example).

Nintendo seems to be the console you use when younger kids (or really big kids with their kids) come over. This happened with the original Wii around here, until the point where everyone ended up buying one (great for Nintendo), but then the magic of playing it was lost. Had a brief reignite when the controller extension and new Wii Resort game came out but I don't even recall ever playing that with anyone outside my family. I purchased the Kinect for my family and that has barely had 3 hours of use.

The Wii U ads showing the tablet seem interesting, but I can't see it being of any lasting value. Plus I'm not going to buy a new console that's only as powerful as the outgoing X360 and PS3. I'll just wait until I end up at someone else's house who's got one :)

Guest MrLolololXD

I've still not heard or seen anything at all about the Wii U apart from the little discussion it creates on this forum

I have no idea what it looks like, no idea what it does, no idea whether it's just an updated Wii or a whole new console, no idea what games are available for it or what kind of audience it's aimed at.

So I'm also gonna put it's lack of success thus far down to poor advertisement.

Last December I was at Fountain Gate for the first time in months (I haven't actually been there since either) and they had an entire shop just to demo the Wii U. I wandered in with a Boost juice and got the young staff there to demo it. It was alright but not worth getting a whole new console for. I've never played Mario Bro's besides that simple PC version that did the rounds 10 years ago so that wasn't a big enough attraction either.