We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

Finished smoothing out the mob hunting grounds and decided to build a little hut under the NPC house that I accidentally dug under to reduce their hiding places. If you have any unwanted meat (rotting or not) please leave it in the chest inside this hut to help feed those 3 hungry dogs in there. :)

Only problem with covering it all up is that I don't see hardly as many mods there now :fp: And when I'm there during the day I keep hearing them growl just under the surface, so I'll have to fix that up later.

javaw%25202013-04-26%252023-44-22-03.jpg

Linked up the tunnel to Ozz's house, just outside ILLGT3's house, and that other random structure near the community house that has no door or sign to say who it belongs to.

In case you hadn't notice, yes I built a higher lookout platform, complete the a super massive diving board for an alternate fast exit. Had to outdo the little one in ILLGT3's pool. Tested, works, no damage taken.

javaw%25202013-04-26%252023-56-12-58.jpg

javaw%25202013-04-26%252023-56-25-18.jpg

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i have rebuilt most of my house now in the same place. Have blocked the river off atm but i will rebuild it around my house in a bit.

Need to just add the roof to my house which i will do next time im on. Had to move the secret tunnel to mine a bit to get it into a place i wanted.

Re-set up my Electric furnace and marcerator back up that people are free too use if required as i now generate enough electric to run the machines without coal :)

The server will be offline for a while while i try and get some needed updates, not sure how long it will take, hopefully when it comes back online i will have a few answers for you.

EDIT: Right its back online now, i've updated quite alot of the behind the scenes stuff so i should be able to keep an eye on everybodys login activity. i might have to take the server down some point tomorrow to sort a few more issues i've noticed, but hopefully things should be better

I've started building a new place away from the main area now as there's no room to expand my old place, so I've demoted that to being a mining quarters rather than my house from now on. Almost managed to build a path all the way from the old place to the new place, but somehow I ran out of cobblestone despite all of the tunnel mining I've been doing for the last couple of weeks.

I'll upload a new video tomorrow, I've got another sore throat though so I'm still incredibly monotone in the new video, but you could just mute it and put music on :p

haha, pretty much done with tunnels so the next obvious activity was bridges that go over water for quick diving access. I'm also using the wood to build a proper fence behind my house before Santtu steals that land from me with his not very secret house. Funny story that actually, I started building the fence on the other side of the lake and then realised it went straight past his front door, which would've been quite funny but a bit mean :)

So yeah, building the fence during the day and the bridge at night, need to plant more trees to get more wood though.

Guest MrLolololXD

If anyone wants a personal safe but either doesn't know how to make one or doesn't have the right equipment, let me know and I'll make you one. Just be the first person to open it and it's all yours, nobody else can get in. But it'll cost you 3 gems of any kind because that's roughly how much EMC it costs to make a safe, so you need to cough up 3 gems first (emerald, sapphire or ruby, or a mixture of those) :evil:

If anyone wants a personal safe but either doesn't know how to make one or doesn't have the right equipment, let me know and I'll make you one. Just be the first person to open it and it's all yours, nobody else can get in. But it'll cost you 3 gems of any kind because that's roughly how much EMC it costs to make a safe, so you need to cough up 3 gems first (emerald, sapphire or ruby, or a mixture of those) :evil:

Saw one one of these in Mojo's house and jumped straight onto the wikki to work out how to make one.

Learn how to make one here: Personal Safe - The Tekkit Wiki

I may need another as the one i made is already starting to look rather full!

If anyone has gunpowder they don't need, I'm always on the lookout for some. :nods:

Just leave it in the box by my 'Trade point'. :)

I'll take you up on that. :) Can they be destroyed/moved like a normal chest?

Guest MrLolololXD

Yes they can be destroyed and moved like a normal chest, but only by the owner. And whenever you go to move it make sure you empty it before knocking it down. You need a special wrench to knock them down with (right click the safe with the wrench) which I'll also give out with the safes.

And think of EMC as like a hidden currency within certain items and blocks. It'll mean more when you get into building Tekkit machines

Cal, get yourself a box and some arrows and spend a night on the rectangle bridge above the large monster hunting ground, you should be able to safely remove a few mobs and collect gunpowder, bones, rotten flesh, string, etc fairly quickly. The 2 out-of-place fences are obstacles to help prevent spiders following you under the bridge where you can't aim at them.

I'll give it a try Ryzza. I'll use the gun though as 1 shot kill and the well worth the round for the powder!

Just need to get more iron...lost my last two guns in the Nether :ill:

Oh, btw is it okay if I make the Nether portal building more fancy? Build it out of Nether rack and give it a fancier design?