We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

How much memory does your PC have? Have you tried going to Java.com and installing the 64-bit version (assuming you are running Windows 64-bit)?

I haven't been in the game in a couple of days so haven't seen your house. I need to go mining for better materials so I can build a better house. I'll have to rig up a trap-chest as well :)

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Who's taken over the NPC village? :evil:

I was planning on building my house out of those buildings, looks like someone else has started now :bdown:

i've been given a few suggestions over the last couple of days, and have been doing some research on plugins to give you people the server you would like to see and play on. just need your thoughts on a few things

* What do you think of the current Day/Night cycle, im able to change the length of either to suit.

* Mobs? I can remove them, but personally i like the idea of having to watch my back when im building

* Where do you want this server to lead to, are people happy doing there own things or do we need a project. If so what should it be?

How much memory does your PC have? Have you tried going to Java.com and installing the 64-bit version (assuming you are running Windows 64-bit)?

6GB of ram and 64Bit Windows 8. I did try installing 64bit Java but nothing seemed different. :(

IAnd Calster - what did you do with my sand path (which shows up better on the mini map than cobblestone)? Gimme my sand back

I haven't touched anything to do with the Village or paths, don't do stuff like that as it's not my server, Only been working on my house and been getting stuff for that from the Mines, and snad(for the glass) was from the big loch near my house. I did see someone had made a bridge & path to my house though.(thanks to whoever it was :))

Guest MrLolololXD
i've been given a few suggestions over the last couple of days, and have been doing some research on plugins to give you people the server you would like to see and play on. just need your thoughts on a few things

* What do you think of the current Day/Night cycle, im able to change the length of either to suit.

* Mobs? I can remove them, but personally i like the idea of having to watch my back when im building

* Where do you want this server to lead to, are people happy doing there own things or do we need a project. If so what should it be?

Night time half the length it is now and daytime another half of what it already is, longer.

I'm happy with the mobs the way they are, maybe other will want them off though until everyone is better equipped to deal with them.

And I'm happy doing my own thing for now, but once again that's only because I'm still setting up my base and collecting basic resources. A bit later on I'll be interested in a project or something

Daytime could be 20% longer, night time 20% shorter than current.

Mobs on low - I didn't see too many tonight as long as everyone jumped in to bed as soon as it went dark. I've also made efforts to make my land a mob-free environment, please don't mess with it. (Looking at you, Harley).

While building houses I think it's good to keep the mobs on low so we can just get on with it - takes long enough as is. Once that's all done maybe we can turn them up a fraction.

I'd be interested in building a network of small underground emergency tunnels that link up most of the buildings too at some stage in the future.

Can we also close up and put doors on all the mineshaft entrances and have signs out the front saying who they were created by?

So I followed a video thing on how to update java and such for MC. In short I followed it and I ended up downloading 'Nightly'(64bit Firefox), as well as updating my Java(for the 5th time this week). Anyway I tryed MC and my render distance could go on high without having ages loading chunks.

Go on Tekkit and to options and now got more options for RAM...so dumped it on 3Gb and going to see how that runs. :nods:

Edit: Seems to have fixed it, still not running as smoothly as MC on it's own does but I guess I cant have everything.

With all the good spots you'll probably have to shack in with abominable snowman in the winter wastelands :p

Will be good to have more people. I spend way too many hours last night on my treehouse fortress. I liked the massive glass windows in Adam's house so tried the same thing, but wasn't happy with how it looked. I might keep it though since some mobs can't see through glass. It feels weird sleeping outdoors but I haven't encountered any monsters yet. Being high up adds to the feeling of safety though.

Later on I'll make a few walkways to link up the other nearby trees in my reserved area. You're welcome to have a quick look but be careful as I've been reading wiki's on how to create traps and am experimenting. Please do not leave the door open or mine anything inside (there are walls all around - although there's room for improvement around the back - I saw some ocelots get in somehow).

I noticed MSI Afterburner doesn't work in MC - any tips for screenshots or videos?

I saw a sign, but all i remember of it was that it may be rigged with traps, So I left. (was when i was on a few hours ago I looked)

If I know it's someones personal house I wont enter it. Only did your tree-Fort as though it was maybe a server 'safe zone'.

I may add another building to the village, not sure what though.

Guest MrLolololXD
So that tree-Fort is yous! (haven't been in, saw a door went in and saw it was a house so left)

Theres some empty spaces near where I am, I think Mr.lol has taken the space on the hill though. :lol:

I spent hours clearing and flattening that hill last night, had to make sure everyone knew it was mine somehow so someone didn't steal it after all that work :lol:

I do hate to ask a third time but I'm bored and impatient, so sorry. Can I be whitelisted? My username is progamer7100.

Edit: I just remembered that MC usernames are case-sensitive and I typed it with caps before, sorry for any confusion.

I did have you whitelisted before, but as you just mentioned, it was added in capitals so thats the reason it didn't let you in. i've changed that now, so hopefully you will be allowed, if not let me know

I'll be back online tomorrow evening for another Minecraft filled weekend. Don't have any projects of my own lined up yet, so I'll just go exploring, or if someone needs stuff mining I can do that for them while they build.

Need to do something for my next video though, might be more interesting if I join TeamSpeak. Can't stand listening to myself talk for 10 minutes :p

Who built the neather portal?

And Who annoyed the Zombie pigmen in it?

I went in and got spawn-attacked by 5 of them. Went back and tryed to get my stuff and same again. After 30 mins i finally Got my stuff and cleared the spawn portal of the 15 or so Zombie pigmen That were there.

Who built the neather portal?

And Who annoyed the Zombie pigmen in it?

I went in and got spawn-attacked by 5 of them. Went back and tryed to get my stuff and same again. After 30 mins i finally Got my stuff and cleared the spawn portal of the 15 or so Zombie pigmen That were there.

Dan and I.

They instantly attacked us when we built it. Odd really.

Love being able to work through the night now in my fortress and not worry about any mobs

Will probably expand my west border/wall later on so that I can see inside my walls from the treehouse

Days seem to be shorter again.

Built 2 monster traps but haven't seen any monsters yet.