We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some good news and bad news im afraid, i'll start off with the bad, so i can end this comment on a high note

The bad news is, while the server was very stable and running great it wasn't loading the new ores that come with tekkit, so basically we was running a fancy vanilla server, so i was up late last night trying to sort this out and finally managed to get it all working, now the bad news for all this is that the world we had started on was corrupt so i couldn't reload the world back in, even if i did there would of been no guarantee that the new ores would of spawned in so we would of been back where we started

The good news is now it is all running correctly and no longer running the cut down version of tekkit known as tekkit lite, this means to access the game you will have to go through tekkit classic, which will gain us access to the full fat version of the game so in theory nothing should be impossible

Hope you understand and will see you online soon

PS everybody who was Whitelisted in the old world is whitelisted for this one also

I've got another community house built up. It's only small at the moment, but feel free to expand it if you wish.

One thing I'd like to say is that if you do cut down a tree, try to plant at least one in it's place so we don't have to walk miles to find a tree like we had to before the map got reset.

Other than that, as you were :p

What is people's opinion on this, but I don't mind, but a lot of people haven't even played tekkit yet and ftb is a step up from that, I don't want anybody to feel over whelmed and stop playing. My goal for this server is for lots of people on there enjoying what is a great game, and I'm always open to everybody's ideas and opinions though

What is people's opinion on this, but I don't mind, but a lot of people haven't even played tekkit yet and ftb is a step up from that, I don't want anybody to feel over whelmed and stop playing. My goal for this server is for lots of people on there enjoying what is a great game, and I'm always open to everybody's ideas and opinions though

FTB isn't a 'step up' from Tekkit, it's an entirely different modpack.

Frankly, with the absence of EE it's a much more fun thing to play, since you actually work for the stuff you have and don't drown under 500 stacks of diamonds after two days.

I just don't get what you're all doing in there and if it's worth wasting money and time (how much time is needed?) on this :p

some people get it and enjoy it, but some people dont, there is nothing more to understand, i've seen your into the FSX which is fine, but IMO i couldnt think of anything more boring. This is not a dig at you, just saying.

FTB isn't a 'step up' from Tekkit, it's an entirely different modpack.

Frankly, with the absence of EE it's a much more fun thing to play, since you actually work for the stuff you have and don't drown under 500 stacks of diamonds after two days.

Im not too bothered as hopefully i should have any problems if i wanted to install anything else, i will look into it if anybody else would be interested

I uploaded a video which I recorded of the old map. I can't really link to it thought because I still somehow managed to swear my face off while I was talking :p

I'd personally rather just keep going as we are. We've already had to start again which was a bit frustrating to be honest considering what we had done on the last map and I spent half of this morning making a new community house, but that's just my 2 cents.

Guest MrLolololXD

I'd vote for FTB, there's more to build upon later on down the track. Plus of course there's still the things from Vanilla and many things from Tekkit which you can learn your way up from.

Making some decent progress again now.

To save us having to use the waterfall to get into the ravine/mining area I made one of the holes in the ground outside the community house a lot safer by putting some fences around it and then I built a ladder to go from the bottom of the ravine all the way back up to the surface. Mind you, I'd probably still use the waterfall to go down as the ladder looks a bit risky to me, but the ladder is a much quicker way of getting back to the surface.

One thing I'd like to say is that if you do cut down a tree, try to plant at least one in it's place so we don't have to walk miles to find a tree like we had to before the map got reset.

There's an app.. err.... A mod for that!

- - -

Ok, so I picked up Minecraft again last night and I just now tried to log onto the server. I assume if the connection strength bar has a big red X through it and says 1.3, the server is on 1.3 then?

EDITagain: I have a TeamSpeak server if everyone wants to use it. I read earlier on in the thread about people wanting to use one. Use mine!

gamerspot.teamspeakcp.com

There's an app.. err.... A mod for that!

- - -

Ok, so I picked up Minecraft again last night and I just now tried to log onto the server. I assume if the connection strength bar has a big red X through it and says 1.3, the server is on 1.3 then?

EDITagain: I have a TeamSpeak server if everyone wants to use it. I read earlier on in the thread about people wanting to use one. Use mine!

gamerspot.teamspeakcp.com

once i find my mic for my headphones i would be up for some teamspeak

Whats your MC name and i'll whitelist you now

Right i got an electric furnace going to smelting items should be quicker but we are running out of coal so if anybody is online can they put some in there to keep it going

iLLGT3 is my minecraft name

I think the server list displays the red x and 1.3 next to it if you're still using Tekkit Lite. I changed to Tekkit Classic and it's fine now so I'd try that first :)

I didn't realise that was something I personally had to download in order to join the server. I've always heard of Tekkit, but I've never used it. I'll go download the classic version then.

EDIT: I downloaded the Technic launcher and it still says I'm on the wrong version. I'm new to Tekkit so someone might have to help me a little bit here. This is what I downloaded. http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

EDIT: I downloaded the Technic launcher and it still says I'm on the wrong version. I'm new to Tekkit so someone might have to help me a little bit here. This is what I downloaded. http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

When you're in the Tekkit Launcher where you sign in, on the left are some Tabs with the names of Mods on them. I'd guess it's set to Tekkit Lite as default, you'll need to select the Tekkit Classic tab and then sign in, you should be able to join the server then.