We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it working. :nods:

Any rules as to where I can & cant build and such?

Also after about 10 minuets game oftehn tells me it's 'ran out of memory', which is a drag.

There is no real area's where you can't build, so build away where ever, as for your memory problem, i've had a look at the server logs and there doesn't seem to be any problems that i can see of, do you have the same problems in Single player? are you running anything else in the background

EDIT: I've done a bit of playing around in the settings and now hopefully the cycle should be twice as long as the night cycle. as for the teleport request im still looking into it

There is no real area's where you can't build, so build away where ever, as for your memory problem, i've had a look at the server logs and there doesn't seem to be any problems that i can see of, do you have the same problems in Single player? are you running anything else in the background

I had it when mucking about on the single player of Tekkit last night, but never had it when playing MC it's self(both on or offline). I'll turn some more of the settings down and cut some background tasks if there's any running.

When I open my inventory it's got the stuff at the right of the screen(building stuff and such), Im guessing were not to use them for making our homes and such?

-=Off-topic=-

*looks at Cals av* :cheeese:

Thats a real vintage camera, but you've probably never herd of it. *hipster glasses on* :lol:

I'll be up for this. My MC name is matt88sco.

Haven't seen you on here for a while! :)

Hi Guys,

In response to the memory issues, in the Tekkit launcher itself, if you click on options (bottom right) you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft. I used to have that problem but I have now allocated 4GB RAM to Tekkit and it runs as smooth as glass,

Hope this helps,

Dan (Flagimbarb in MC)

Hi Guys,

In response to the memory issues, in the Tekkit launcher itself, if you click on options (bottom right) you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft. I used to have that problem but I have now allocated 4GB RAM to Tekkit and it runs as smooth as glass,

Hope this helps,

Dan (Flagimbarb in MC)

I've just been doing some reading up on this and most people are saying that its more then likely this. If not let me know

Cheers dan for the help

Hey, I'm rebuilding my area where my modern house used to be.. The area where all the water is now. Please don't build there. I will start on it tomorrow morning.

Also, th3reaper said he'd be in TeamSpeak tomorrow. Everyone should join so we can all play sometime.

turboduck.teamspeakcp.com

Hey, I'm rebuilding my area where my modern house used to be.. The area where all the water is now. Please don't build there. I will start on it tomorrow morning.

Also, th3reaper said he'd be in TeamSpeak tomorrow. Everyone should join so we can all play sometime.

turboduck.teamspeakcp.com

Indeed, its always nice to have a chat on TeamSpeak as opposed to the in game text chat. The amount of times I have been blown up by creepers/killed by monsters while typing is too many to count.

And yeah, me and Jeff will be rebuilding the modern house in the lake tomorrow morning so until it's built can you please not build there,

Cheers,

Dan.

EDIT - No sign as of yet, but just be wary of the lake surrounding the spawn village, it is in the corner to the right of the treehouse where the double slab modern house used to be.

More problems again...

When I go to options on Tekkit, the most RAM it'll let allocate it 1GB. (oddly when I set it to the lowest, I go longer without 'running out of memory')

I've also got all the settings in game to be on the lowest.

If anyones any suggestions as to how to up it it'd be nice.

If it's any help, it's Windows 8 and ive got 6Gb of ram. And I dont have problems when playing normal MC.

Sorry to be of bother.

What version of Java have you got? the 32 bit or the 64 bit?

The 32 bit version of Java only supports up to 1536MB RAM where as the 64 bit version has a much higher limit.

Not sure whether it will help but it could be what is limiting you to a gig,

Regards,

Dan.

Not sure what java it is if im honest, im not the best with tech stuff and such. :lol:

How would I go about finding out?

How do you make those signs with writing on them anyway? (I'll Google it but I'm sure others here will want to know)

It looked like your house had an upstairs section Reaper, but with no way to get up there. Yesterday was quite weird as during the day there were still plenty of creepers and spiders (think I even saw a leopard and a wolf) whereas the first time I played it was all quiet during the day time.

Guest MrLolololXD

6 wooden planks in the top spots and a stick in the bottom middle box will make a sign. Right click to place it and it'll come up with a text box. To change the words knock the sign down and place it again

See now you've said I'm going to want to have a look :p

My [ugly] house now has an [ugly] anti-spider-on-roof defence system. Once I get some better materials I'll find a better place to build a better house and then noobs can use my old one (this could take some time though)

I'm quite jealous of what this guy has managed to build and acquire though - don't know what half that stuff is... droppers.... wiring... teleportation pearls? :eek:

Also here is a crafting list: Crafting/CompleteList - Minecraft Wiki

See now you've said I'm going to want to have a look :p

Don't worry, If anything go's missing expect me to leave sign post's all over your house ;)

Also If I can't get enough 'memory' when playing with you guy's I may not bother with it any more im afraid :( Getting one of my mates to come round and have a look and see what he can do, as he knows whats he's doing with that sort of stuff.