We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

I havent been online in ages sadly :(

My laptop BSOD'd on me and I dont have anyone with a Windows 8 CD, so until i get it back to the shop and get them to do it I'm without MC.(had more urgent stuff to see to in weekends of late).

Is my house still there? And how much has the village changed?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your house is fine

Harleys looks like like a hen-house

Everyone else's house is physically fine afaik

Doesn't Windows 8 have a built-in restore function?

Or you could use a Windows 7 CD (or use any working PC Windows 7+, click Start, type 'Create' [a StartUp Repair disc]) and use that to try Startup Repair if the Windows files are all still there.

Your house is fine

Harleys looks like like a hen-house

Everyone else's house is physically fine afaik

Doesn't Windows 8 have a built-in restore function?

Or you could use a Windows 7 CD (or use any working PC Windows 7+, click Start, type 'Create' [a StartUp Repair disc]) and use that to try Startup Repair if the Windows files are all still there.

All Windows 8 comes up with is this, had my brother look it over and even he was amazed at how you can't do anything! (he works in IT, and he's glad nowhere's moved to W8 as of yet!) . The W7 CD apparently does work, but so far finding someone with the CD's not proving too easy, and my netbook has W7 Poverty spec(really, can't even select a background wallpaper! Had to download something to do that!).

The worst part is this came about as I forgot to turn my laptop off once day after work(exited to the profile menu) and then went to bed....and leaving W8 on hibernate can cause it to BSOD!

Anyway, thats all for another topic :)

Good to know my house is fine. How's my shed? everyone better have stayed outta my shed! :evil:

I've fixed that on a few Win7 PCs - it's not too hard to fix.

Find any working Win7 or 8 PC (one that is the same architecture as yours (32bit/64bit)) with a CD burner - click Start, type "Create", click Create a System Repair disc, follow the prompts

Boot up your PC with that disc, try Startup Repair if you want, let it go for ~30+ mins, see if it works

If not, or if you're confident and want to skip the wizard (if it lets you) - select the Command Prompt option and rebuild your BCD:

Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

Use the Bootrec.exe tool to troubleshoot "Bootmgr Is Missing" issue. If rebuilding the BCD does not resolve the startup issue, you can export and delete the BCD, and then run this option again. By doing this, you make sure that the BCD is completely rebuilt.

To do this, type the following commands at the Windows RE command prompt:

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup 'Exports your current/corrupt BCD (Boot Configuration Data)

c: 'Select C drive

cd boot 'Change Directory to C:\Boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r 'Remove the System, Hidden, and Read-only attributes of this folder

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old 'Rename the bcd file within to bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd 'Rebuild the BCD from scratch

I just did the first two as I was tired and cbb going through all the footage :)

Was good fun though

Did you actually know where I was on the roof? I kept getting lost and finding myself outside the arena, but given those blocks are indestructible and there are stairs to get back in it must be allowable.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not really been on since the server crashed/got reset, plus my motivation was for the videos, but as I haven't been able to do any videos for a while I've not been on.

Should get chance to do a few videos over the next couple of weeks so I might be online during that time. I tell a lie, I was on at the weekend trying to do a quick update video, but my mic was playing up at the time.

Kind of ran out of ideas, completely.

Spent some time in the Nether today, not so bad if you've got armor. I didn't take any damage when hit with ghast fireballs, plus a ring of ignition kept me safe from fire. I secured the two portals inside rooms with doors, and linked them up with a floating brick path.

Remember that for every block you travel in the nether, you travel 8 blocks in that direction in the overworld (the nether is underneath the overworld).

Remember that teleport Harley built to the beach where there was a teleport to a nether fortress? Harley said it took about 3 in-game days to travel back from there before he made the teleport. By contrast, walking along the new paths in the nether takes a couple of minutes.

Haven't build a hotel in the nether yet, though. :)

Also I've left a little present (HV solar array) at everyone's house since the nuclear reactor has gone missing. You just need to move it where you want (use a wrench) and hook it up to a MFSU, then use transformers to reduce the voltage so you don't blow stuff up.

• 4 weeks later...

So I went exploring far far away from casta del turboduck or whatever it's called, found another NPC village, and then couldn't be bothered flying back, so I decided to build a nether portal on the back of one of the NPC houses (since you can travel 8x faster in the nether). Only problem is I didn't know how to activate a portal (first tried putting a torch in there), then did a quick search and found out I need flint & steel, or I figured my ignition ring would do the trick. And it did. Also I burnt down 2 of the NPC houses :fp:

Anyway I found a very nice location if anyone wants to start building again far away without having to lose their inventory. Maybe instead of secret tunnels we could have portals in every house and carve out a safe passageway in the nether for super-quick travel. Just remember ghasts can see you and shoot at you through nether blocks, but they can't detect you through glass.

well it seems like people have lost interest in this server, and to be honest so have i, but i still pop on now and again to make sure things are running smoothly. IM thinking it might be time to say goodbye to the current map, and start afresh with some new mods to make things interesting, i've got some plans to do some adventure map night if people are interested.

So as a final goodbye, me and ry are going to go through the end portal and fight the ender dragon and finish the game the way it was suppose to end, so if anybody wants to join us then please put your name down below

PS i will be making the old map available to download for single player usage once we move over to a new map.

• 2 weeks later...
well it seems like people have lost interest in this server, and to be honest so have i, but i still pop on now and again to make sure things are running smoothly. IM thinking it might be time to say goodbye to the current map, and start afresh with some new mods to make things interesting, i've got some plans to do some adventure map night if people are interested.

So as a final goodbye, me and ry are going to go through the end portal and fight the ender dragon and finish the game the way it was suppose to end, so if anybody wants to join us then please put your name down below

PS i will be making the old map available to download for single player usage once we move over to a new map.

yep it has been fun,

to be honest I'd pop in now and then if I hadn't lost all my stuff.

also minecraft doesn't run on my pc so I couldn't be bothered.

But I'll check the new map sometime of course.

Thanks for the support and hosting khev.

The single BEST THING about FTB so far (as I was telling pyrre last night) is that there is no more creepy music when i go mining that scares the bedonkas out of me. :lol:

Also the minimap has a cool radar that shows you where the caverns/tunnels are so you can link up to them easily, plus they show where the mobs and other players are (although sometimes its misleading if you think they are coming to get you but they are above/under you and not able to get you. Although it is handy for scoping out where the caverns are when you're up top (you can see lots of mobs in the radar but not on the ground).

I've since discovered all that xychromium gem stuff is mainly for decoration, which means I'm back to having not found much. The actual map itself is very nice though, some great biomes which means I still haven't decided where to build yet.

Also the speech bubbles are pretty neat. ;)

I did finally get around to recording one final Minecraft video on the old world to follow up on GTAMadDog's episodes before the FTB switch, which included a visit to The End. It even has commentary from yours truly (although depending on who you ask that might not be a good thing) :lol:

All of the tree house secrets (including force field operation) are revealed within