We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield: Campaign or Multiplayer, your Preference?

Eudemon

I prefer my Battlefield as....  

8 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer my Battlefield as....

• Single Player & Multiplayer
    • Single Player
    • Multiplayer all the way!

After the recent Battlefield 4 reveal and the build-up to Battlefield 3 it's obvious that they're is aiming to make their games contain a worthwhile single player campaign along with the top class team-based online multiplayer that the series is heavily-respected for. However as was evident with BF3 the campaign hardly was touched by the vast majority who purchased the game, and this is if you believe the figures around 18 million people!! Looking at the official site in fact there is a poll running asking what people are looking forward to in BF4 and it's clear to see that the overwhelming want of those who visit the site just want to multiplayer.

bf4poll.png

When I think of the greatness of BF games I think of the multiplayer, I don't think there has ever been a campaign in their games I properly really enjoyed and I think this is because BF is all about the team aspect of their games, if you work as a team you can decimate the opposition. With a single-player you don't have this sort of same team-based gameplay, sure you have your AI squad but they are not as sharp or alert as a human player (well most of the time) so perhaps this is where BF could improve by bringing in the ability to complete the campaign via co-op play. One of the more fun aspects of BF3 was the co-op level where you are flying in an attack heli and your team-mate is the gunner and you are blasting your way through AI camps and chasing after escaping vehicles and such. It was so good because it felt like BF Multiplayer but in a campaign aspect and I think this is where BF should be looking to go in the future of it's series if they wish to stick with constantly spending money and making a story based aspect of their games.

Myself though I'll always give a story a go and try and complete it but even I have to say the BF3 story was quite lacking but the online is as per usual for BF, completely epic!

Just please don't go all CODbro on us DICE.

What say you guys? :D

The multiplayer is where it's at. There has never been a Battlefield game that really focuses on the story.. The Bad Company single player was quite enjoyable and I loved the BF3 singleplayer as well.

There's no doubt I'll play the single player first, I always do and after it's over, nothing but MP for me.

From my point of view, Singleplayer is just for cool scripted moments like the one from the trailer with the helicopter and other ones. Battlefield was and will always be a game that it is played for its multiplayer. Sure , the Singleplayer is cool too, but the awesome moments , trolling and other stupid things happen in multiplayer.