We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cycling

Emir13

Today I had small cruising ride ( Maglaj [my city] to Riječica [small village near my city] )

53 kms ride, max speed 51,5 km/h, time taken 1 hour and 12 mins ( with all stops )

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- starting

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- dashboard :p

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- 1st stop

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- 2nd stop (sing for minefields)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --minefield

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- 3rd stop ( blue bridge )

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- last stop (destination)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- and 1 stop while comming home...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics mate, I'm a cycling fan myself. My biggest trip was around 80km, took me 3 hours, stopped once to eat. Terrain here is not very level so I didn't get much chances to get over 30km/h.

I have some pictures of me cycling, took them on a trip, 10 minutes before my front tire going flat, 15 km away from home....FFFFFUUUUU

Mobile phone pics.

2jepvkj.jpg

344b5dw.jpg

2z6tbuh.jpg

Patch my biggest trip was 345 kms :) Mostly hills and downhils so once i have driven about 70 km/h *scaaaaaary*. Nice pictures!

iLLGT3? there is always some terrain to find :) Even if it's hills you can do mountain cycling (my favourite).

206 fan Thanks I love my bicycle :) Put some photos of your's aswell :)

Apu Can't wait for your photos :)

btw tomorrow (maybe) some new photos... if not tomorrow then surely next week :)

patch : yeah this bike is bit modified to get big speed, i bought nice tires to get good speed and it is good for sand aswell for asphalt ! and where i was going my top speed is area without cars :) safety first :D

And always doing big distances with friends! It would be scary to brake something and not know what to do xD

--- Post Updated ---

here are some photos from last summer

Trip from my city to village near my city, about 45 kms ride

230795_1897926491512_5885614_n.jpg I love this guy... Now i use it only when i go to shop...

319407_3892160186108_714152332_n.jpg

417398_3892162466165_318965477_n.jpg

427079_3892164866225_1107327700_n.jpg

418534_3892166226259_157540096_n.jpg

531600_3892163266185_1638365663_n.jpg full equipment xD

Meh, you're girls. :p My dad's maximum speed on an MTB bike was about 91 km/h. And he doesn't wear a helmet.

But I'm not proud of him, better slap him in the face for that.

:hi5: My bike is also a MTB :) I don't really speed much, I do however like to pick up some speed sometimes. Since I don't wear a helmet I don't feel really safe going over 40km/h, unless the road has no cars / crossings, as I've had some scares with cars not obeying STOP signs and crossing right in front of me.

I should really wear a helmet and I'm not proud of not wearing one, however, not even with a helmet I'd let myself reach 91km/h, unless on a closed circuit.

Also Ryzza, I can understand your motives :P However cycling is one of my passions, we could create a little Show your cycling videos thread ahah?

That could motivate some people to get their legs working :p

is this thread about bicycle racing,or simply cycling with friend for fun and enjoying?!?!

First of all it is quite ridiculous to talk about high speed because everybody doing it going down the hill!...if you do that of course you need helmet and all safety gear!And if you drive in heavy traffic with speeding cars of course you need all that!

But if you cycling for fun, enjoying in nature ets with average speed of 20km/h as I do most time for example,than helmet is not required...people with helmet doing 10 km/h are just ridiculous.

It is not like driving a car with or without safety belt or riding a motorbike...this is just recreative vehicle,so please get back to pics of your ride and places you go...

brw,if anybody is interested,my top speed was 60+/-,I don't remember very well because it was 10 years ago and my bicycle was new...

Nowadays it is more important to me to get safe to my destination,because I driving mostly across city and city picnic places....

average,I go about 40-50km,top range was about 80km...

can't wait for better weather to drive my bike because it is rainy at my home city and that make me mad:D

You guys mean 'being a nuisance to traffic by believing you dont have to follow the road rules and cant stick to the cycling lanes' right? Rather than 'cycling'?

I'm kidding, mostly :P I have never been into proper cycling, not a fan of bikes with gears, I used to love riding my bmx bike around though- never any real distance, and not freestyle bmx or anything, just riding on the streets etc. Been wanting to get back into it since I lost my drivers license earlier this year, but lack of funds has kept me from buying one.