We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

First project truck. 1968 GMC 1/2 ton

Jacob

After years, and years of searching. I finally found a project. It's a 68' GMC 1/2 ton pick up with a 250 inline 6, 3 speed manual with a collum shift instead of a floor shifter. its got the usual rust like cab corners, a bad rocker and a dented rear quater panel. Nothing to difficult to fix. Amazingly it still runs and drives after sitting in a field. My co-worker had it lying around the farm, I drove by one day saw it and ran in. I got it for $150 because he just wanted it gone. Photos arent the greatest because I was in a hurry. But I should be getting in the next few weeks after the snow melts. Plans for it are to convert to disc brakes, lower/beef up suspension, Paint im thinking a satin army green/olive color with no chrome. New wheels (been drooling over a set of 20" slat flats). put in a V8. Im thinking a mopar. Like a 440 because I think there cool, and it'll piss off chevy guys, convert to a floor shift maybe a 4 speed, and maybe add powersteering.

Pictures.

8635531115_5862306ed7.jpg

056 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

8636635028_3098f046e8.jpg

055 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

8636632744_35c9db8b26.jpg

053 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

8636630750_2d92d8f40d.jpg

054 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

8636628738_d021d21812.jpg

052 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

8635520403_033cfbe39c.jpg

051 by Jacob.Hamilton, on Flickr

Guest MrLolololXD

8kTpi0X.png

Lol, my dad's Mustang had some dodgy repairs like that which we didn't know about until we stripped it back to bare metal.

Good luck with it all, looking forward to progress, although I know how slow projects can start off, so I'll hold off from nagging for updates. For now... :p

I'm definitely not doing an Ls swap, or a newer engine because I don't want to have to deal with all the electronics, and sensors, and EVERYBODY has one. I want an engine that's atleast in the 400 cubic inch range. I was thinking either a 454 or a 440 then build it with heads, cam, new pistons, lifters blah blah blah. And put a beefier trans in it. I was thinking the army green and have it slammed would look awesome. But I haven't decided on anything. It'll all come in time. Susgestions are always welcome.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.