We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

80s/90s Japanese wheels

Prophecy

Hey guys, I've decided to take my AE92 liftback in a new direction- going period correct, that period being late 80s to mid/late 90s.

As i'm sure you understand, wheels are a large part of that look, and while I know and love the LOOK of that period's wheels, I dont really know many names or brands (that existed at the time and have since disappeared). So I was hoping that some of you may be able to contribute ideas and/or- names, details, general rarity, etc on any wheel you think to fit into that description.

I'm thinking old Volk, Work, SSR, Enkei, Wed's, etc.

Edit: Was just thinking- not just JDM, I mean... you've got OZ and BBS that are not JDM, yet they fit the bill, so any wheel in that sort of style- think touring cars, basically I guess.

RS Watanabe. Volk had this edition of classic-looking TE37's, can't remember the exact name right now. Or you could get a set of AE82 'Rolla GT/FX GT rims, I mean these:

Toyota Corolla AE82 GT 4age 20V Silvertop |

(sadly, the guy who owned this car had totaled it at a racetrack, now he's building a 'track car AE82' with the same engine which looks like this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553756_290568857710871_140716921_n.jpg)

Thanks- looking for mainly 90s wheels though, Sakuras are too old, although theyre cool. Watanabes may end up going on the car, i've seen one with the flat f8f's on, and it looks good. Not the look im after though, I want that raw 90s racecar/tuner car look that has disappeared these days, replaced by wheels with massive concavity, and 'stance'...

Well then, you could check the Compomotive site, I bet you will find something interesting. You could also go with something like O.Z. Leggenda/Rally or Speedline Corse 2020/2010, but I guess these would be rather hard to find in Australia.