We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 6: "Concept Movie", Info & Screenshots

Eudemon

The only sense it makes to me really is to keep to the whole two main iterations of GT per key line Sony PlayStation platform. It also makes a lot of sense business-wise too, just imagine if there is a GT7 PS4 teaser when the game is completed too. :cheeese:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, doesn't really make any sense to me to release this on the PS3.

Why? It's pretty much going to be an improved GT5, they could've just released the GT6 stuff as a free update for GT5 or maybe a DLC that'll charge us a bit

A game thats near 3 years old, getting a big update would't make many go running to the hills for it. Same with a big DLC pack.

As I said, It'll be the Forza idea of "fix the niggles in the next", that way they can get the game in the public eye again.

Thats my idea anyways.

Videos added to first post

Highlights from 25min video:

New DLC tracks every month

Community league events/series management

New aero/suspension/tyre model

Faster user interface (still WIP), support for touch screens (multi-device support for online/social features - PC/tablet/phone)

Download CAN-ECU data from real life Toyota GT86 after a track day and replay it in GT6 (VW use CAN-ECU's don't they???)

Lowlights from gameplay video

Engine sound is still a bit vuccummy

Other sound effects sound a bit too retro (time point, screeching tyres sound exactly like GT1, etc)

'We're happy to announce that we are developing GT6 for the 2013 holiday season'

*applause*

'...and it's be on the PS3 platform'

*insert cricket noises*

:lol:

If a GT for PS4 doesn't come or show itself sometime in early 2014 then I agree it's a bit weird, but I reckon they feel DRIVECLUB is good enough for PS4's launch and that people will wait for GT6/7 for PS4, they don't want a repeat of GT5 that's for sure... even if it did sell well.

Is it just me, but I lost all interest after hearing they showed not a single bit of interest in fixing the engine sounds... In my eyes, aside from handling, the most important thing in such a racing game. I don't need another 100 cars ontop of 200 premium cars, 1000(?) standard cars and 3 new tracks. The new handling is nice, but it looks like a $60 GT5 update, not much more :/ + I have to empty my wallet monthly for some real content, not a big fan of that too.

Sound's don't put me off too much really. Sure it's nice to have them super crisp and clear, but when im in a heated race in any game(and real life when on a spirited drive) I tend to zone out the noise of stuff can concentrate fully on the road ahead and considering on the road ahead and other factors.

Or is that just me?

When you have a game that blasts your ears you really do notice it though, just try any of the Simbin games. I'm still in love with the BMW M3 E30 and the Alfa 75 from RACE Pro. :drool:

Watch the first minute or two of this and listen for the godly scream at 53secs and 1:43 that makes your ears tingle. I'm not kidding!

sounds are very important, I am always listening to them when i am driving especially to know when to upshift and I LOOOOOVE it when i am driving a car that has a good sound, probably why i drove the BLITZ ER34 so much in GT5

i have been driving this a lot lately because I have fallen in love with the sound of it

Yeah any of them will do. :cheeky:

Though, they're unenjoyable with a controller in my opinion

Any game that comes close to a racing simulator can't be enjoyed with a controller unless you're playing it with friends, if you ask me, honestly :D

There's a gif going around of the trailer where the Audi Quattro under heavy load seems to be moving about more naturally too, I hate that they are sticking with that damn static stuck to the rear of the car viewpoint though. :(

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6 Standard/Premium Cars, DLC, PlayStation 4, More

Why waste time on the Standards?!?!? Just create or update the popular ones to Premium and scrap the Standards, noone cares for them. 400-500 Premiums is much better than 1200 where 800 are crappy previous-gen ugly looking versions. Jeez they should get their priorities right.

I can see some benefit to keeping the standard cars. They're good for AI in races to use since they use less resources and you don't need to see the AI's interior very well. Also, with people demanding the latest and greatest cars like the Tesla Model S, it may be better to work on things like that and update popular standard cars like the Alpine A110, rather than binning them all. At the very least, there's still measurable demand for the standard cars by looking at their purchases and use stats, so they can determine if it's better to work on a standard or something new.