We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza or Gran-Turismo

HuuuuuuH

And of what about forza horizon? I saw a little free roam..nice graphics and sounds.

There are tracks? On horizon.

It's a racing game in a free-roam environment and naturally races are routes with blocked off sections to make the 'tracks'. It's a damn fine game in itself though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ. Alot. I play all my games with a controller and out of GT5 & Forza 4, GT is miles better.

Thats what I say personally.

That's your opinion. I had the PS3 and GT5 for a long, long time (not right since release of GT5 but a bit later) and I played with the controller and it was nice. Yeah, nice. Then I got my Fanatec GT2 which broke just after playing GT5 with it and buying an Xbox 360 with FM4, so I had to ship it back to Germany so they could fix it and until then I played with the controller. It basically felt the exact same as GT5 did, personally. (Both tested with all assists off except for ABS, I can't play without ABS lol) I just like the feels of the 360 controller more, it feels better in my hands than the smaller PS3 controller..

But there we go, everyone has their own opinion.

Btw, @Diablo

I just noticed that someone (probably you) edited my post where I wrote ape-s...-speed and replaced the sh... with lalalaal, I seriously had to laugh out loud because I always re read my posts every now and then :P

As for Forza Horizon: The graphics on that game are dumbed down! Just compare any interior and you'll see.. Huge differences. I don't know about you, but I don't like it when the graphics are overdone. I'd rather have realistic graphics, than having graphics which look good to my eyes.

The number of cars is ridiculous too and that is why I still play FM4 which I bought for 20.-, rather than the 90.- Horizon.

the graphics were quite poor compared to fm4.

I dare to disagree, sure it may look average sometimes but so do FM4 and GT5. Overall it's a very pretty game (especially for an open-world racer on the current gen)

I do agree with the bloom/filter comment though, that's why I'm happy Horizon isn't a Codemasters game :cheeky:

I've never had issues with connection in Forza unless the server was actually down.

I don't mind paying for live either, because that transaction between us forces responsibility on M$ to sort out any issues.

Lets face it a month of live is cheaper than a pack of ciggy's anyway.

Timmy has a point.

Honestly, I saw the title for this thread and expected a massive nuclear bomb to go off but everyone is being so civil! WHY!?!

I can't add on too much to what the others have said. Honestly, both Forza 4 and GT5 were big disappointments coming after GREAT games like Forza 3 and GT4 - they both have faults. However, based on saying what you're looking for, get the PS3 and get GT5 - you're going to enjoy it more. Just ignore the HORRIBLE engine noises.

Also, I don't understand why all of you people snap a drift halfway through a turn in Forza, I always hear about "how it's so easy to drift" and yet my cars are always planted.

The thing about Forza 4 sounds:

The cockpit sound is muffled, a lot

Unless you have a good sound system, you might not notice those changes.

A little explanation on this:

Stock on stock, the car's engine sounds differ from view to view (noticably)

Now if you put a stage 3 exhaust, stage 3 air filter and the stage 3 weight reduction, the cockpit sound will get a lot louder than it was before.

Now on racecars such as the GT3 and upper class vehicles there's little to no difference from cockpit to bonnet view in terms of sound.

Things that affect the engine sounds in Forza 4:

- Air Filter

- Exhaust

- Camshafts

- Weight reduction

I don't know of anything else though.

Didn't know that GT5 received a physics update, but to be honest? That should've been included from the start on. It's like Polyphony only focused on graphics and then physics and sounds on the last priority. Heck, even TDU's vanilla sounds are better than GT5's.

I did around 10 laps on the Nordschleife with a fully upgraded GSX-R concept car, wasn't that hard for me with my Fanatec GT2, I started racing with wheels when NFS Shift (first one) came out and I've mainly been driving on the Nordschleife ever since then :P

Umm yeah, I think that was all I wanted to say.

Note that I do respect your point of view and that I am not trying to start a flame war either :)

Edit: Can't wait for the new Xbox and Forza 5!

If GT6 does everything right, I'll get myself a PS4 next to the Xbox (It's coming out for the PS4, right? PS3 would be kind of... stupid)

Another edit:

If you're all about enjoying racing and physics, the both GT5 and Forza 4 aren't the right thing for you, be a man/woman and go for the SimBin games or rFactor (2?) or iRacing (2?) (I don't have any experience on both, but boy, I do have a lot of experience in GTR, GTR Evolution and the new Racing Experience game :D)

It is irrelevant what GT5 was in it's release. Lol

GT5 has sound changes when you buy a different exhaust either, even when you add a transmission. (causing the whining noises that you all hate) Every exhaust has a different note. Sport has one, semi-racing other and racing has other.

And a GSX-R fully tuned is quite an easy car to drive, specially if you used racing soft tires, which i am 99% sure you did.

But that is irrelevant to the discussion, just saying that your fanboylism is not helping anything here, as we should just say the pros and cons to each game to help this Huuuuuh mate make up his mind.

And GT6 is confirmed by Kazunori to be a PS3 release, and no, it is not dumb.

1st: GT6 being for PS4, it would over-shadow DriveClub, the new PS4 driving game

2nd: Not everyone will buy a console right on it's release, first because they are always worse than the 2 years next version. (See the big PS3 and the slim one)

3rd: The game is not entirelly new, it is more like a GT5,5. Which is enough and expected, as they said when they released GT5 that they left many possible ideas for GT5 out of it due the delays. So, yes, they released it without all the ideas they thought of.

Now, you can hate it how much you want... but get informed first. :lol:

It is irrelevant what GT5 was in it's release. Lol

GT5 has sound changes when you buy a different exhaust either, even when you add a transmission. (causing the whining noises that you all hate) Every exhaust has a different note. Sport has one, semi-racing other and racing has other.

And a GSX-R fully tuned is quite an easy car to drive, specially if you used racing soft tires, which i am 99% sure you did.

But that is irrelevant to the discussion, just saying that your fanboylism is not helping anything here, as we should just say the pros and cons to each game to help this Huuuuuh mate make up his mind.

1st: GT6 being for PS4, it would over-shadow DriveClub, the new PS4 driving game

2nd: Not everyone will buy a console right on it's release, first because they are always worse than the 2 years next version. (See the big PS3 and the slim one)

3rd: The game is not entirelly new, it is more like a GT5,5. Which is enough and expected, as they said when they released GT5 that they left many possible ideas for GT5 out of it due the delays. So, yes, they released it without all the ideas they thought of.

Yeah Forza adds tranny whine too.

I wasn't fanboying around, as I said and as you might have read, I had GT5 for a long time and I enjoyed it but at some point I couldn't take the engine sounds again.

Well, excuse me for using an easy car I didn't know of being easy.. I drove pretty much at least 50% of my cars on the ring and I suppose not all of them are easy to drive.

Before you accuse me of fanboying, just look at your arguments :)

And no, I don't use racing tires as I love spinning a few gears at least.

Edit: lol im baked

just saying that your fanboylism is not helping anything here
I see no fanboyism from Drkpl8, he actually like everyone in this thread has made valid points about both games. Don't throw the fanboy word around when it's not needed.

It is and it isn't, it is dumb because a GT on PS4 in the early stage would sell the system even more, it's not because PS3 has a huge install-base and with GT5 selling =/= 10million, it's obvious millions of GT6 will sell too meaning more money for Sony.

Mind the hostility to others thanks.

I like both, I love Gran Turismos attention to detail and lovely graphics and photomode, but Forza has a better car list and customisation. I don't think I can pick 1 or the other, I'm just glad I've had the opportunity to play both.

It is and it isn't, it is dumb because a GT on PS4 in the early stage would sell the system even more, it's not because PS3 has a huge install-base and with GT5 selling =/= 10million, it's obvious millions of GT6 will sell too meaning more money for Sony.

well any gt game will sell the console no matter when it comes out. I think it was more to do with development stage of the game way before ps4 was announced.

Yeah, GT6 was supposedly in development close to the end of GT5 so that's 3 years so no doubt they [sony] wanted another GT out before PS4 was launched but PD are as we know not good at keeping to a specific date for release. I'd be surprised if GT6 comes out before the end of this year tbh. :lol: