We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Ahahaha ok xD

Well, just unpacked the game. Seeing that the ones who keeps it alive are not Atari but the community i'm going to mod the hell out of it. Just saw some weather mods yesterday, and i'm installing the full patch right now.

I have about 400 hours in the game and i'm hoping to double that gametime thanks to this. I'm really thankful to have find this forum.

EDIT: Welp, the lambo, the shelby and the chrisler are there. So beautiful! My TDU2 receiving updates again! T^T The pre-update hype at the good times was MAGICAL

I don't have this "bug". Profiles are changing properly, no loop after "DLC hack" message, boot screen after "Cheater detected" keeps resetting but the same thing i was observing without the patch.

I need more details about your game version, OS, mods installed and what unpacker you have. Furthermore if you want DLC cars you should buy them and then no DLC hack screen will appear ;).

i want, but i cant buy here. :(

ok i have tdu2 dlc2 v034 b16, im running on xp home-ed sp3 32-bit i didnt have any mods installed at that time (maybe the teleport anywhere+dev editor on tdumods.com)(modified gamepc.cpr) the unpacker is from tdu2:up thread in tdumods.com. i can write my machine spesifications if u want. and i unpacked the .big files on another partition and copied files back to tdu2. i still have fresh unpacked files. also the loop is before the dlc hack message. i cant see it.

I rather have Xarlith work on other stuff than to waste time on solving conflicts with other mods.

TDU2UP works fine on a Vanilla-Unpacked game.

Any bugs or errors that occur due to the use of other mods are a secondary priority IMO.

Maybe it is best to install other mods after you patched the game with TDU2UP.

Illegally unlocked content is not supported.

The teleport anywhere and other dev tools look interesting BTW. Can get you to Manana (Eden Island) :cool:

@Xarlith, is it possible to modify the operation of the automatic gearbox? To make it more like it was in TDU1?

I don't know if this is possible, but a new season of Solar Crown and the ability to skip cutscenes (lol) could be interesting. Probably involves some scripting.

Looking forward to V0.3 :cool:

In TDU2 are 2 values: upshift @ x RPM and downshift @ x RPM. As far as i know automatic transmission in TDU1 works exactly the same as in TDU2...

In TDU1 you can manually shift, while in Automatic mode.

And it seems like it does not kick down as fast as it should. I don't use automatic a lot, but have gotten some questions about it.:)

The teleport anywhere and other dev tools look interesting BTW. Can get you to Manana (Eden Island) :cool:

This^^ : possible at beginning.

I don't know if this is possible, but a new season of Solar Crown and the ability to skip cutscenes (lol) could be interesting. Probably involves some scripting.

The race files isn't problem*** - but the whole Champion is hardcoded in exe ( anybody remember my ReRun project? :P).

*** Many parameters is changeable within race file, and some in the database, but the engine have other restriction like bot's number, or bot with bikes and the number of maximum checpoints is limited (program freeze.)

In TDU1 you can manually shift, while in Automatic mode.

Easily hacking this ^^.

Otherwise, illegal content is definition is obsoloted, because you can't buy Atari Token - if I know correctly.

Hey Tomsolo :)

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Being able to re-do Solar Crown was one of the many things asked to the Eden devs... Making a new season of Solar Crown would be awesome:cool:

One thing though, Atari tokens are still live. I don't know if it is wise to buy them from a company that is technical K.O., but it is still possible. Don't know about buying DLC with it.

As long as servers are maintained, illegally unlocking DLC can get you flagged and banned from online play:eek:

Atari Tokens | Test Drive Unlimited 2 Official Website

:D

Atari tokens are still live. I don't know if it is wise to buy them from a company that is technical K.O., but it is still possible. Don't know about buying DLC with it.

Yes, tokens are alive and working just like their supposed to. If anyone wants DLC, go get them. :)

Hey Tomsolo :)

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Being able to re-do Solar Crown was one of the many things asked to the Eden devs... Making a new season of Solar Crown would be awesome:cool:

One thing though, Atari tokens are still live. I don't know if it is wise to buy them from a company that is technical K.O., but it is still possible. Don't know about buying DLC with it.

As long as servers are maintained, illegally unlocking DLC can get you flagged and banned from online play:eek:

Atari Tokens | Test Drive Unlimited 2 Official Website

Yep, TDU2 work, but try any manouver - like log in - in atari site. ~ all links is dead.

Note: Otherwise, it does not affect me because I bought all DLC, even i have 160 remained tokens. :twisted:

Yep, TDU2 work, but try any manouver - like log in - in atari site. ~ all links is dead.

Note: Otherwise, it does not affect me because I bought all DLC, even i have 160 remained tokens. :twisted:

Just went there, logged in and was able buy tokens. :) Maybe it's just me...:cool:

Rest of the site is gone. Only Tokens and support tickets are still working.

I have some tokens left as well. And nothing to spend it on....:nuts:

Just went there, logged in and was able buy tokens. :) Maybe it's just me...:cool:

And can you buy DLC with it in the game? There were some server issues before.

Good to see they have the essentials still working.

Back on topic; If it is that easy to modify the working of the auto gear box, maybe a shift-in-auto mode can be added. Would make the automatic more useful.

Another thing is a customizable viewpoint. I would like to have a mirror, while driving in Hood View. :cool:

Back on topic; If it is that easy to modify the working of the auto gear box, maybe a shift-in-auto mode can be added. Would make the automatic more useful.

Another thing is a customizable viewpoint. I would like to have a mirror, while driving in Hood View. :cool:

Easy. With hack. Not with modded file or patched exe.

Otherwise, illegal content is definition is obsoloted, because you can't buy Atari Token - if I know correctly.

this. since i cant buy them its not illegal for me. if i just had a 0.00000000000001 percent chance, i would buy it.

and also uninstalled UP, removed mod, (dled a gt2rs in the meantime) removed the gt2rs (replaced the files back from my fresh unp-ed files), installed the UP and no success. still im not seeing that screen. so its not a mod comp. issue.

Guys, since the more and more new vehicles come with TDU2UP I need to make some space in the salons. It is easier, strangely enough, to do a complex salon cleaning once than doing ad hoc changes for every new car.

O'ahu 2 years later :cheeese: :

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2475/6og.png

Similar changes on Ibiza but with slightly different new cars.

What do you think :confused:

I think it cleans up nicely:D

O'ahu 2 years later :cheeese: :

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2475/6og.png

Similar changes on Ibiza but with slightly different new cars.

What do you think :confused:

Meh ... what a crap :ew:

Hehe, just kiddin.

:thumbsup: :excited: :bow: :drool2: :csmile: :mmi: :insane: