We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

How can a Civic be a dream car? That's like saying your dream holiday would be a trip to Baghdad...

Lol:D

I heard the Night Life over there is explosive :lol:

In regards to the civic, it is cool when some more normal cars are added as well and not just hypercars. And when the civic is your dream car, there is a bigger chance you will drive one one day than when it is a Zonda like my favorite.;)

How can a Civic be a dream car? That's like saying your dream holiday would be a trip to Baghdad...

My like is more for the funny simile. Emir is right. Everyone has it's own taste. Although i admit a Honda Civic is not my dreamcar, i would instantly trade my VW Polo for a Civic Type R (no matter which model). ;)

btw: Baghdad might be a trip worth if it wasn't for the political conditions there (if i can say so.) The city itself is or was a beautyful one.

its not about the car.. its VTEC that makes it a great car in my eyes :D i also like multimillion-dollars supercars :D its just the technology that makes it big :D and its VTEC kick feels so great.. :D but type-r variant of it is much better. i wish it would be a '97 type-r hatchback.. :D (just think about it: mclaren f1's engine with VTEC.. wouldnt it be great? :D )

i have a question: now i have v0.2 version of this patch. should i install v0.3 before or can i install v0.3b right away?

Mclaren F1's V12 with a VTEC? What kind of horrors you are atempting to realse on this world?

No it would totally not be great to do that to a McLaren F1. Put the Vtecs to where they belong to. A F1 is not the place for that.

For your Question. I think you should download the full pack of 0.3b (the b patch was only realsed for all people that had the orginal 0.3. The DOwnloads are I think upgraded to 0.3b directly.

i mean the f1 road car.. :D the race car is just great :D VTEC would drop its hp by 200.. :D and i dont wanna release a horror neither :D i am thinking about a VTEC-ed f1 that beats veyron ss.. :D (no need to improve cornering, veyron sucks a lot in that part) you know, VTEC's high rpm power just drops 200rpm before revlimiter.. :D (and also i just want to change its powerband after 5500. touching before that would be worst thing to do.) anyways its just a dream.. people have rights for dreaming, right? ;)

lets take the latest VTEC: 2.0L 225HP. other 2 liter atmospheric engines at that time was around 160HP (2007). if we match the rpm limit, (and appopriate cam timings and stuff) that can increase to 180HP. there is a 45HP difference and thats a 25% HP gain. it would be 30%-35% with modern technologies of now. (honda had to drop VTEC because of emissions around 2009.) thats because torque increases in the high rpm band. (more torque in high rpm=much more power than you can get at lower rpm torque)

edit: ok, this is really off-topic now; no more talking about VTEC. you can pm me about that. i just shared my opinions, and you made it much longer. i dont know who did gave me - rep again but i answered here because people answered here in this topic. they could cut it right away. then i would cut, too. ok? peace.

OT:

now i have v0.2 version of this patch. should i install v0.3 before or can i install v0.3b right away?

-rep for liking Vtec.... he should receive +rep for dreaming with that great engine

Anyway its a dream that most likely will happen someday because those cars are very cheap nowadays and in great conditions

Not saying you are poor or rich...just saying that you dont have to dream much to find/have one

Cheers !! :D

I have nothing against Vtec ill probably buy a Civic when i get a job, But McLaren F1 with VTEC?! HELL NO! F1 is a engineering marvel for me its the king of all supercars its still the fastest naturally aspirated road car after 21 years .

Its a legend :bow:

Nuff said.

OFFTOP ON

@carreragt339, Do you think that VTEC system is the only one? Man, you know what is the funniest thing? Mclaren F1 has a "VTEC" (variable valve timing) which is called VANOS and is the first electronically controlled variable valve timing system. In 1993 VANOS was more advanced than Honda's VTEC :rolleyes:.

Nowadays almost every modern engine has a system similar to VTEC.

OFFTOP OFF

i have a question: now i have v0.2 version of this patch. should i install v0.3 before or can i install v0.3b right away?
Install only 0.3b (the full patch, not 0.3 to 0.3b update).

OFFTOP ON

@carreragt339, Do you think that VTEC system is the only one? Man, you know what is the funniest thing? Mclaren F1 has a "VTEC" (variable valve timing) which is called VANOS and is the first electronically controlled variable valve timing system. In 1993 VANOS was more advanced than Honda's VTEC :rolleyes:.

Nowadays almost every modern engine has a system similar to VTEC..

Youre right about that :)

Anyway any updates on V 0.4? Or can you tell us what are the features?

oh really? i thought it didnt use any variable timing or any new technology like that.. :D now you dropped f1 down in my eyes :cheeky: anyways is that civic going to be in the patch? and thanks for answering my question. :)

edit: 1024th post of the thread! thats a kilobyte! :cheeky: :cheeky:

Anyway any updates on V 0.4? Or can you tell us what are the features?

If you scavenge between all off topic pages, there might be some hidden clues of what is coming up...

Some Lambos, Toyota Supra...

It is looking good so far. No test files yet, so it might take a while before any release.

PS Maybe the tduck cleaning crew can do some mopping. Too much unrelated squabble. ;)