We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Lol, there is still a fix for V04 in the making. (auto gears and sound fixes)

But i like that McLaren F1 :thumbsup:

PS Xarlith is taking a well deserved break from TDU2 for a while. Team has worked really hard to get V04 released. And don't forget it is all voluntary.

Good news is also that Atari still keeps the TDU2 servers active. That has been confirmed.

:cool:

Great patch and glad I finally bumped into it, between this and some steering wheel retweaks, TDU 2 is enjoyable again.

One thing to note, the TT Supra really doesn't feel like a turbo car either in sound or physics. Yes there is a little turbo spool when you roll down the windows, but the tone of the sound is more akin to a single turbo rather than the stock sequential.

So heads up to Jorgemodek and anyone else, it would be nice if this car had an audio makeover for the purposes of the turbo.

Otherwise, it sounds like a really nice NA version of the car!

Great patch and glad I finally bumped into it, between this and some steering wheel retweaks, TDU 2 is enjoyable again.

One thing to note, the TT Supra really doesn't feel like a turbo car either in sound or physics. Yes there is a little turbo spool when you roll down the windows, but the tone of the sound is more akin to a single turbo rather than the stock sequential.

So heads up to Jorgemodek and anyone else, it would be nice if this car had an audio makeover for the purposes of the turbo.

Otherwise, it sounds like a really nice NA version of the car!

This is how the stock car sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECAZc_BWMpw

The car in real life has twin turbos and they are very silent but very accurate

And from what you can hear and see from the video they dont sound that high...

Hey MadMan,

can you give us the source please, where you got this?

Yes, it is Atari CS.

As there were some rumors about a server shutdown, i have asked them.

Greetings!

There are no current plans for server shutdown

Sincerely,

Atari Customer Support

The GameSpy servers will go down at the end of this month. But TDU2 is not hosted there. TDU1 was.

;)

This is how the stock car sounds

The car in real life has twin turbos and they are very silent but very accurate

And from what you can hear and see from the video they dont sound that high...

Jorge thank you for responding, appreciate you taking the time out.

I own a TT Supra. The stock ceramic turbos are definitely noticeable, even in the cockpit with the windows up. Audio recordings while in the vehicle cannot pick up the same as your ears can and I believe that's what's misled you.

Either way, given that people are expecting the quintessential turbo sound for these cars, I would have thought that been the goal.

lol Jorge, i think like everyone else, me included. We were just so looking forward to that SingleTurbo sound that you wont be releasing. haha.

You'll find that generally single turbos have more of a spool hissing sound, where as the standard sequential setup is more of a whine.

As the car is in the game currently, I'd say it's closer to a single than a stock layout. What you're probably thinking of, is the turkey gobble sound when you let off the throttle. This is less to do with turbo type and more to do with the recirculation system. Air being forced back into the turbos results in the sound you're expecting.

Jorge thank you for responding, appreciate you taking the time out.

I own a TT Supra. The stock ceramic turbos are definitely noticeable, even in the cockpit with the windows up. Audio recordings while in the vehicle cannot pick up the same as your ears can and I believe that's what's misled you.

Either way, given that people are expecting the quintessential turbo sound for these cars, I would have thought that been the goal.

My dad had one too (mk4 eurospec TT supra) and about the sound of them i keep saying that they are very quiet ... in other hand you can feel them a lot...yes you hear a litle "squisshh" that will increase during aceleration....but its not that turbo "whine" that people think its to....

I would make a more realistic sound however if there was a good source for it....and also there was no option for a turbo sound sample for the sound of this car in tdu2

....its no excuses ...its the thruth to be honest XD ...the game doesnt really help for sound modding ...even if i have the realistic samples the game will simply make them sound stupid

Hey guys! New member here, and I must say this patch so far is astounding!

This pretty much got me back into the game... however, I want to ask three things:

One:

Copy to X:\Users\Office Depot\Documents\Test Drive UNLIMITED 2 Unofficial Patch v0.4\Euro\Shaders

Copy to X:\Users\Office Depot\Documents\Test Drive UNLIMITED 2 Unofficial Patch v0.4

Copy to X:\Users\Office Depot\Documents\Test Drive UNLIMITED 2 Unofficial Patch v0.4

Copy failed

Copy failed

Copy failed

Copy failed

Copy failed

Copy failed

Extract: quickbms.exe... 100%

Why does it tell me that it failed? Have I done something I shouldn't?

Two: I can't seem to go online. At all. I'll see if this is a problem with me patching it or not by trying it in vanilla. It tells me that the TDU2 servers are unavailable. Also, would be nice if Atari can actually provide us with server status pages that WORK. >:C

Three: went into the Hiro clothing store, and there were some.... interesting results. I didn't grab screenies at the time - my program for doing so isn't working, gotta figure it out - but the hats at the back of the list made my character BALD ( xD ), and the trousers at the back of the list completely nullified the very existence of my character's legs, an even bigger XD moment. I didn't buy the trousers, as I wasn't sure what would happen, but I wanted to see what the heck was up with that.

Hope to get a quick reply! :D